Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Iup basketball

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    How about the IUP ladies tonight ... 67-53 over Edinboro.

Tom's now 24-2 ... the resume got a huge boost tonight.

Edinboro drops to 22-3.

These two likely won't avoid each other very long. Round 3 and possibly Round 4 are likely in the near future.

It appears after getting the first round bye this coming Monday, IUP will host the winner of Seton Hill vs Gannon next Wednesday in the KCAC.

The men will host the winner of (probably) UPJ and Edinboro to round out the doubleheader.
    Yeah, Irish Tom can boast of the top two most successful regular seasons in IUP WBB history if my recall is any good. Plus, he has won a PSAC title and a good chance of adding to that here in a week or so.

Great win for the IUP women. They really turned on the afterburners there and broke open a closely contested game that they were always so good at losing in past years.

Boro should get stuck with Cal in the second round so one would have to (at least in theory) like IUP's chances of hosting the conference tourney.

IUP still has a chance to garner the top seed in the region if they win out through the conference tourney. I see Virginia Union has to play Chowan, who they lost to earlier in the season. Still some hope.

I think it important to really get after SH on Saturday and blow them off the court and let them know in no uncertain terms that they can't play with you in the event that you see them in the conference playoffs.

I would not want them coming in thinking they can hang with you. Plus, it's an important game to keep hope alive to get the top seed in the region.

-

Comment

Originally posted by IUP CRIMSON HAWKS View Post
      Yeah, Irish Tom can boast of the top two most successful regular seasons in IUP WBB history if my recall is any good. Plus, he has won a PSAC title and a good chance of adding to that here in a week or so.

Great win for the IUP women. They really turned on the afterburners there and broke open a closely contested game that they were always so good at losing in past years.

Boro should get stuck with Cal in the second round so one would have to (at least in theory) like IUP's chances of hosting the conference tourney.

IUP still has a chance to garner the top seed in the region if they win out through the conference tourney. I see Virginia Union has to play Chowan, who they lost to earlier in the season. Still some hope.

I think it important to really get after SH on Saturday and blow them off the court and let them know in no uncertain terms that they can't play with you in the event that you see them in the conference playoffs.

I would not want them coming in thinking they can hang with you. Plus, it's an important game to keep hope alive to get the top seed in the region.

-
      That run to open up a close game, and the Cal game - if they continue to play like that they may go further than PSAC Champs this year. Seton Hill is a big game for both teams. Hope there is no let down.

Comment

After the Seton Hill debacle two years ago to end the season ... I don't see a letdown. I'm sure Bravado Joe will be showing that film prior to the trip to Greensburg.

But, ... you're right. They have a history of pulling some odd wins in that building. To this day I've never been in a more crowded, cramped gym than it was in Seton Hill that night. It was insane. Perfect storm. Joe doesn't get that technical at the end ... I still think IUP wins that game. I've seen hundreds and hundreds of IUP games. Few stand out in my memory. That is one of them.

Comment

About the women's game ... we were watching the ESPN feed at the Hammermill yesterday. Game took forever ... were the media time outs / halftime longer? Or just lots of stoppages. GU / Clarion game ended just as the IUP / Boro fourth quarter was getting started.

That said, IUP looked great as they pulled away in the fourth. And the coverage by ESPN was terrific.

Comment

Originally posted by Golden89 View Post
            About the women's game ... we were watching the ESPN feed at the Hammermill yesterday. Game took forever ... were the media time outs / halftime longer? Or just lots of stoppages. GU / Clarion game ended just as the IUP / Boro fourth quarter was getting started.

That said, IUP looked great as they pulled away in the fourth. And the coverage by ESPN was terrific.
            With ESPN broadcasting, media/all time out were longer because of commercials and such.

Comment

There was also the senior night ceremonies which added about 10 minutes to each game.

One nice thing the IUP women's team did was it also had Edinboro's senior players introduced and gave each a bouquet of flowers. Pretty classy gesture. I never saw that before.

Comment

Looks like IUP playoff tickets at the freakin' KCAC for Wed. night quarterfinals games will be priced at a very unreasonable $12. I thought that the PSAC was in charge of mandating ticket prices for the postseason conference games? How much are they going for at other venues?

I have a hard time believing that $12 is the price set by the conference.

-

Comment

... will be $14-$15 once the infamous 'fees' get added

Comment

On the positive you get two games out of it since the ladies are the opening act.

Either opponent for the men will be tough. Edinboro would make the better crowd atmosphere. We owe UPJ one ... they don't get a depleted roster this time.

Comment

It's packed in Greensburg. They must love Joe down here.

Comment

• How much money should I put on Seton Hill out in Vegas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Tom gets the win.

Comment

I can't believe the league lets Seton Hill put fans right under the basket. Both teams have already had players go in to them. Injury or fight waiting to happen.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
                              Tom gets the win.
                              25-2 to finish the regular season. Unofficially of course----but I do believe that would easily be the most successful regular season in IUP WBB history.

Well done, team!

-

Comment

PA announcer screams get that outta here after a Seton Hill block.

#classless

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X