X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

Just turned it on and you’re right. Terrible!
    Ladies were awful in first half. Good start here. Seems to me their M.O.

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    Have the ladies game on ... the play by play is ahead of the camera ... sucks. So you're being told if shots are good or bad before you see it.

Hopefully they get this fixed.
    Just turned it on and you’re right. Terrible!

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Have the ladies game on ... the play by play is ahead of the camera ... sucks. So you're being told if shots are good or bad before you see it.

Hopefully they get this fixed.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Seton Hill transfer guard Jaylen Stewart (6'5") has been activated and will play today at Millersville.

Now, hold your breath, because there could be a reason this is happening. I guess we'll see in warm-ups. Jack referred to this move as providing 'added depth' but it seems odd in Game 11.

Hopefully, this isn't injury-related. It could simply be filling in the roster spot of Enrique Cordon, who is no longer a member of the team. Nolan Burk has also been out now for more than a month. So, perhaps this is as simple as adding depth. It will also give Joe the ability to lighten the load on Shawndale Jones.

Stewart played in 27 games as a true freshman a year ago. He did score a season-high 19 points against IUP last year on 4-4 deep shooting. He also scored 15 and 13 against UPJ. He has a lot of upside.

Joe has historically held many transfers out their first year (or, first semester). I guess we'll find out tonight.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPTrackMan View Post
    I’ve gone to a lot of MBB games at all levels in college. There was a time when I saw 124 games one winter (HS to Major D1). It’s rare to see a guy use bands on the bench to stay loose. Porterfield has been doing it for at least 2 seasons and maybe it’s 3 seasons (lost track of time with the Covid year). I don’t know if it’s a requirement (needed to get him through a game) or if it is something that makes him feel comfortable so he invests in the routine. I’m thinking that is a bad sign and it points to how delicate his situation is. I hope I’m wrong because he is a great player and for his sake I would like to see him get an opportunity professionally someday. Every athlete wants to know their ceiling and get a good read on how talented they are before they hang up the sneakers.

For now he’s probably focused on helping the team keep the unbeaten streak going as long as they can.
    IUP's training staff is big on the bands. Many players use them.

Ethan also tweaked either his calf or ankle in that game. He came back in after awhile.

Leave a comment:

• IUPTrackMan
    replied
    I’ve gone to a lot of MBB games at all levels in college. There was a time when I saw 124 games one winter (HS to Major D1). It’s rare to see a guy use bands on the bench to stay loose. Porterfield has been doing it for at least 2 seasons and maybe it’s 3 seasons (lost track of time with the Covid year). I don’t know if it’s a requirement (needed to get him through a game) or if it is something that makes him feel comfortable so he invests in the routine. I’m thinking that is a bad sign and it points to how delicate his situation is. I hope I’m wrong because he is a great player and for his sake I would like to see him get an opportunity professionally someday. Every athlete wants to know their ceiling and get a good read on how talented they are before they hang up the sneakers.

For now he’s probably focused on helping the team keep the unbeaten streak going as long as they can.

Leave a comment:

• Ship69
    replied

The first half against West Chester was the first time we've seen the whole team together (first 10 guys) all season.

That was Joe's unveiling that he's got some serious power this year. That was probably the best defensive half I've ever seen from a Joe team. Blazing speed. West Chester was completely overwhelmed.

Granted, they started fooling around in the second half and playing some wild lineups. But, that was just experimenting.

Ethan's health is the key. I think the worst is behind him.
    I think it'll help them in the PSAC that the conference appears to have fallen off some this year. Mercyhurst might be trouble and perhaps California if they get their full team. I don't see much in the East for them to worry about outside of possibly East Stroud.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

It's a feather in the cap for IUP and it doesn't hurt that a little of it rubs off on the PSAC. They'll have to avoid injury problems, and it would be nice if they can get Porterfield closer to 100 percent when the playoffs roll around.
    The first half against West Chester was the first time we've seen the whole team together (first 10 guys) all season.

That was Joe's unveiling that he's got some serious power this year. That was probably the best defensive half I've ever seen from a Joe team. Blazing speed. West Chester was completely overwhelmed.

Granted, they started fooling around in the second half and playing some wild lineups. But, that was just experimenting.

Ethan's health is the key. I think the worst is behind him.

Leave a comment:

• Ship69
    replied

It's nice for the Twitter world and all. Let's just make sure Joe is ready for Millersville.
    It's a feather in the cap for IUP and it doesn't hurt that a little of it rubs off on the PSAC. They'll have to avoid injury problems, and it would be nice if they can get Porterfield closer to 100 percent when the playoffs roll around.

Leave a comment:

• Chuck Norris
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPNation View Post
    Even though it’s early in the season and national polls are fairly meaningless in D2, there’s still something kind of cool about it. For all the success the program has had it’s kind of amazing it has happened in over 25 years.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPNation View Post
    It's nice for the Twitter world and all. Let's just make sure Joe is ready for Millersville.

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied
    Originally posted by boatcapt View Post

Looks like the walk-ons did a little sh*t kickin' on the blue-blood elite in the 2nd half.
    You definitely only looked at the box score. Joe was putting out some crazy line ups trying to see what some young guys could do while trying to keep some vets healthy/rested. They game was never in doubt. What happened in Vegas?

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied
    IUP is now #1.

https://iupathletics.com/news/2022/1...ibextid=Zxz2cZ

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by EyeoftheHawk View Post

I suspect we’ll see a highly motivated IUP down in Johnstown this trip. We saw what happened when UPJ came to IUP after Rukavina’s little dance in the first meeting. The Gannon game may end up tighter than expected as it’s sandwiched between Hurst and UPJ. That said, IUP seems to play well in Erie.
    UPJ got them at a very good time last year up there shortly after Shawndale went down.

Ruk's two wins against Joe have both come under similar circumstances.

But, yeah, they'll be ready for that one.

Leave a comment:

• EyeoftheHawk
    replied
    Joe got to Santa Clause with no losses. A tough stretch awaits after the break.

Next 5:

@ Millersville - Marauders are tough at home.

Seton Hill - Used to be a night off. Not any longer.

Mercyhurst - KCAC adding XANAX to the menu for one night only

@ Gannon - Remember when this was the game IUP circled every year? Seems like a long time ago.

@ Pitt-Johnstown - Prepare in advance for about 50 IUP fans to tune in and completely crash the broadcast. Yearly tradition. That, and, of course, 4" to 6" of snow to fall starting at game time. Closest road game and nobody ever goes.
    I suspect we’ll see a highly motivated IUP down in Johnstown this trip. We saw what happened when UPJ came to IUP after Rukavina’s little dance in the first meeting. The Gannon game may end up tighter than expected as it’s sandwiched between Hurst and UPJ. That said, IUP seems to play well in Erie.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X