X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IUPalum
    replied
    Originally posted by EyeoftheHawk View Post
    The best thing that can happen is for the 23-24 season to end. From there the “Joe watch” will be on regarding a potential retirement. I have to say though, I think that’s highly unlikely because who would want to go out that way after all the years of success? I sure wouldn’t. I suspect they’ll make some significant roster changes (or be forced into them) and take a run at it again next year. They have some good guards to build around if they stay and in Dallis’s case, returns healthy. Obviously it’s going to be a complete rebuild under the basket.

I don’t think it’s a foregone conclusion that anyone stays on the roster though. I could make a case for just about any of them to enter the portal. I would be shocked if Brooks, Waldo, Lambert, or MacNamera return. It also wouldn’t surprise me if at least one of the two (maybe both) guards that were hurt leaves considering how many guards this team has. For entertainment’s sake, it’s going to be one of the most interesting off seasons we’ve had here in a long time. The results of this season should have felt like a cold glass of water in the face.
    You say it’ll be an entertaining off season, I beg to differ! You know the only way we’ll find something out is if it is leaked on social media. Joe keeps things on lock and key.

Leave a comment:

• EyeoftheHawk
    replied
    The best thing that can happen is for the 23-24 season to end. From there the “Joe watch” will be on regarding a potential retirement. I have to say though, I think that’s highly unlikely because who would want to go out that way after all the years of success? I sure wouldn’t. I suspect they’ll make some significant roster changes (or be forced into them) and take a run at it again next year. They have some good guards to build around if they stay and in Dallis’s case, returns healthy. Obviously it’s going to be a complete rebuild under the basket.

I don’t think it’s a foregone conclusion that anyone stays on the roster though. I could make a case for just about any of them to enter the portal. I would be shocked if Brooks, Waldo, Lambert, or MacNamera return. It also wouldn’t surprise me if at least one of the two (maybe both) guards that were hurt leaves considering how many guards this team has. For entertainment’s sake, it’s going to be one of the most interesting off seasons we’ve had here in a long time. The results of this season should have felt like a cold glass of water in the face.

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied
    Amazing how the fair weather fans are now here to bash Joe.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by Cobra Hawks View Post
    IUP in danger of ending up 4th in the West
    IUP is 2-4 in the second loop through the West.

Opposing teams have clearly adjusted to IUP's few strengths, and have exploited their easy-to-see inadequacies.

IUP hasn't adjusted to anything. Same approach. Same glaring weaknesses.

Bryce Radford is no longer a surprise, and aside from Ethan and Garvin, IUP has no scoring threats.

Bryce and KJ are major liabilities on defense, which teams have also exploited the second time through.

IUP could be in for an historic beating in 72 hours.

​​​​​​Also, consider IUP barely beat Clarion without Jayson Harris. With him this Saturday, IUP is going to really struggle under the basket, which in turn is going to let Clarion's big guards have a field day.

IUP will play either Mercyhurst or Seton Hill in Round 1.

The positive is this season is almost over. If Joe's still here next year (retirement?), he has some serious work to do.

Several players are likely to leave (Brooks, Waldo, Lambert) and a couple others could / should be let go.

Brooks should enter the Portal the day after they are eliminated. He will quickly have a long list of offers to pick his new home. His entire year was wasted. I'd hate to see him waste another one.

​​​​

Leave a comment:

• PennYork
    replied
    Stink, Stank, Stunk. You adapt or die and guess what. Joe no adapt. Josh, Kj and Sharp don't even attempt to score. Riddle me this Joe. Why is Garvin leading almost all games in rebounds?

Leave a comment:

• Cobra Hawks
    replied
    IUP in danger of ending up 4th in the West

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPalum View Post
    Damir got 10min and produced 3 blocks and 2 steals BUT he's not good enough to crack this line up.
    Oh he's plenty good enough.

We'd much just rather watch the SF position ruin the whole season.

Consider he had more (and better) stats in 10 minutes today than the other two had in 30 minutes (combined). He had better stats in the Clarion game in 7 minutes than the others had in 33 minutes. When they 'had' to play him at Ship he was the best player on the floor (18 and 8 and shot around 70 percent).

I'm sure Ethan loves getting doubled all game, too.

Who doesn't like when the SF position can't rebound and is manned by guards? It's also a nice luxury to have a 6'9", 230 lb redshirt in a tracksuit.

This season went from travesty to comedy.

All (painful) joking aside, I hope Damir finds a good home next season. What's going to be funny is the day he goes in the Portal he's going to get about 25 calls. I'll crack up when he smokes IUP next year.

And, speaking of the SF, why isn't Waldo playing at this point? This season is toast. Why isn't he getting any work for next year? Or, is it already known he's also leaving?

My guess is the big guy is afraid to play Brooks and Waldo at this point. When they do well, it will make him look terrible for NOT playing them all year.
    Last edited by IUPbigINDIANS; 02-24-2024, 07:30 PM.

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied
    Damir got 10min and produced 3 blocks and 2 steals BUT he's not good enough to crack this line up.

Leave a comment:

• Cobra Hawks
    replied
    Lombardi not talking any responsibility for that loss. All down to Ethan being sick at half time. Couldn't fault the effort apparently! Seriously??

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

This team might not win another game. One and done in the tournament.
    If we see this type of energy and performance on Wednesday at Cal, IUP will lose by 45 points.

With Jayson Harris this time, Clarion will be a handful, too.

They may not win again this year.

Today was about as ugly as it gets.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

Garvin had a nice game. Not sure anybody else was there.

That was an A$$ KICKING if I've ever seen one.

Check out some individual stat lines today. I'll leave it at that.

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    Wonder what Cal is going to do to this team Wednesday night?

Goodness.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Wonder what Cal is going to do to this team Wednesday night?

Goodness.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    This is a TRAVESTY Brooks isn't playing.

There's no way to explain this.

KJ may foul out before getting his first rebound.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    That may have been the worst half of basketball played by IUP in at least 15 years. Maybe 20 years.

IUP started red hot, up 15-5 and you could hear Joe screaming to slow the pace. They did. And ... then got lit up like a pinata.

Down 12 at half. Let the crowd back in to it. This could get ugly. IUP's effort and energy was horrendous the last 13 minutes.

Lindsay's been draining uncontested shots on IUP for four years. Might as well not guard him today, either.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X