replied
    Westminster

Leave a comment:

• EyeoftheHawk
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    IUP's schedule for Sunday now reads:

IUP vs TBD

As expected, it appears Salem isn't coming.

Wonder if they can find a game on short notice.

Leave a comment:

• Scrub
    replied

I doubt it, too. I think each team has a limit on games allowed per regular season (any idea what the D2 limit is)? I think it is 28 or 29. So, most teams have full schedules set.

It's definitely real because as we've been pointing out all week Salem didn't have it on the schedule and is in the midst of 3 road games in 8 days. That would have made 5 road games in 8 days - and put Salem at 30 games.

Add to it IUP altered the schedule yesterday to TBD for Sunday ... it's true and there is a major screw up somewhere.

Probably the only thing they might be able to find is a D3 team.

UPJ likely gets a say in the opponent, also, at this point as it now effects them, too. UPJ was to play Salem on Saturday.
    What a mess.

And you're right. Somebody like PSU-Fayette might be all they can muster at this point. Which will be a real waste of a Thanksgiving weekend for IUP & UPJ. I repeat: what a mess. And a real black eye for Salem--an independent who relies on fostering good relationships with other programs just to get games!

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by Scrub View Post

If this is all true, that's a HUGE blunder on the part of someone who's job is ostensibly to schedule and coordinate these games. Not sure which school (Salem would be a reasonable guess, though) or employee dropped the ball on this, but that's a big-time embarrassment for somebody.

After a full slate of games last night across several of these leagues, most teams have probably dismissed their guys for the holiday weekend at this point. I'm not sure IUP will get it filled.
    I doubt it, too. I think each team has a limit on games allowed per regular season (any idea what the D2 limit is)? I think it is 28 or 29. So, most teams have full schedules set.

It's definitely real because as we've been pointing out all week Salem didn't have it on the schedule and is in the midst of 3 road games in 8 days. That would have made 5 road games in 8 days - and put Salem at 30 games.

Add to it IUP altered the schedule yesterday to TBD for Sunday ... it's true and there is a major screw up somewhere.

Probably the only thing they might be able to find is a D3 team.

UPJ likely gets a say in the opponent, also, at this point as it now effects them, too. UPJ was to play Salem on Saturday.

Leave a comment:

• Scrub
    replied

IUP vs TBD

If this is all true, that's a HUGE blunder on the part of someone who's job is ostensibly to schedule and coordinate these games. Not sure which school (Salem would be a reasonable guess, though) or employee dropped the ball on this, but that's a big-time embarrassment for somebody.

After a full slate of games last night across several of these leagues, most teams have probably dismissed their guys for the holiday weekend at this point. I'm not sure IUP will get it filled.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

IUP vs TBD

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied
    So, Salem played a game last night. In the recap today, this was the last sentence:

Up Next
    The Tigers will compete in their last game before the break at Lake Erie College on Wednesday at 2 p.m.

It sure doesn't sound like they know they are on the IUP schedule this weekend. LOL. WTF is going on? This is really strange.
    Has anyone contacted them? Seriously! VSU was added later. We thought Salem was the sure shot in team. Wtf???

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    So, Salem played a game last night. In the recap today, this was the last sentence:

Up Next
    The Tigers will compete in their last game before the break at Lake Erie College on Wednesday at 2 p.m.

It sure doesn't sound like they know they are on the IUP schedule this weekend. LOL. WTF is going on? This is really strange.

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied

I have to assume they are coming they way Jack and Joe were talking last night. But, man, that is 5 away games in 8 days for Salem. Life of the independent, I suppose.

The other really odd thing is Salem even put out a Tweet about the 'week ahead' and had all the sporting events listed -- but didn't mention the two games this week at IUP. Odd for sure.
    So Salem doesn't look like their typical lay up self this year. Could be an interesting weekend IF THEY SHOW UP! hahaha

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

The Salem thing is baffling!!!
    I have to assume they are coming they way Jack and Joe were talking last night. But, man, that is 5 away games in 8 days for Salem. Life of the independent, I suppose.

The other really odd thing is Salem even put out a Tweet about the 'week ahead' and had all the sporting events listed -- but didn't mention the two games this week at IUP. Odd for sure.

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied
    The first 'Hawk Talk Coach Lombardi' show was on the radio last night (filmed/broadcast from the Hilton).

Couple items of note:

* Joe said Morris had a great practice Monday and will return this weekend. He said had the Bowie State game been a playoff game he would have went. Morris was also promoted to team captain yesterday along with Armoni and Shawndale.

* IUP will play Syracuse next year for its exhibition

* He said Ethan Porterfield had a battle with bronchitis through the first several games and it hampered him a bit ... said it has run his course and he's looking better.

* Said Demo's minutes will now bump up in to the low 30s moving forward as he's played his way back. Demo was this weeks guest.

* Joe said they know a big test is looming Saturday and they are excited for it.

* The team is delivering hams and turkeys today to families in need in Indiana

Much different show than the football version. Joe is pretty 'interview savy' so it has a better flow to it along with some humor. Despite Salem not having this game on its schedule, they are under the impression they are coming. LOL.
    The Salem thing is baffling!!!

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    The first 'Hawk Talk Coach Lombardi' show was on the radio last night (filmed/broadcast from the Hilton).

Couple items of note:

* Joe said Morris had a great practice Monday and will return this weekend. He said had the Bowie State game been a playoff game he would have went. Morris was also promoted to team captain yesterday along with Armoni and Shawndale.

* IUP will play Syracuse next year for its exhibition

* He said Ethan Porterfield had a battle with bronchitis through the first several games and it hampered him a bit ... said it has run his course and he's looking better.

* Said Demo's minutes will now bump up in to the low 30s moving forward as he's played his way back. Demo was this weeks guest.

* Joe said they know a big test is looming Saturday and they are excited for it.

* The team is delivering hams and turkeys today to families in need in Indiana

Much different show than the football version. Joe is pretty 'interview savy' so it has a better flow to it along with some humor. Despite Salem not having this game on its schedule, they are under the impression they are coming. LOL.

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied

Armoni and Shawndale both start at Pitt right now. That's not sarcasm. They are better than any of Pitt's guards.
    I can't disagree with you...

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

I agree! I'm not saying Will Jeffress is a bad player but he's not ready for that big stage of the ACC. I put Will next to Demo/Ethan and our two guys stack up better right now. Demo is a much better defender and shooter! Also, look at the IUP/Illinois game. Illinois is way better than Pitt and IUP hung with them for the better part of 32 minutes without Armoni!
    Armoni and Shawndale both start at Pitt right now. That's not sarcasm. They are better than any of Pitt's guards.

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied

Capel has no chance of surviving this season. They are going to be historically awful once ACC play starts. Winless, likely. One more injury or arrest and they'll have a 6-man rotation.
    I agree! I'm not saying Will Jeffress is a bad player but he's not ready for that big stage of the ACC. I put Will next to Demo/Ethan and our two guys stack up better right now. Demo is a much better defender and shooter! Also, look at the IUP/Illinois game. Illinois is way better than Pitt and IUP hung with them for the better part of 32 minutes without Armoni!

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X