Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• boatcapt
    replied
    Right now, they do. But I'd be surprised if they are anywhere close to 500 at the end of the season. Also two parts to SOS. Some of the teams that their opponents have played have been a little "marginal" (for example, 2-1 Central State is 2-1 because they have played Virginia-Lynchburg and the University of the Virgin Islands).

To another point, the lack of a game does hurt a little from an overall winning % standpoint, but in basketball (as opposed to football) that is a very small hit (approx .002).

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Press release said Salem had a signed contract and still backed out. Also said IUP is currently looking to add a game at some point down the road.

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

F Salem. They had their chance at the big time (que Ric Flair).

F 'em. Stay in the independent ranks.
    I hope they lose out!

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    F Salem. They had their chance at the big time (que Ric Flair).

F 'em. Stay in the independent ranks.

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied
    Originally posted by boatcapt View Post

Come on...its Salem. This actually helps IUP from a SOS and RPI standpoint!

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by boatcapt View Post

I was more worried about the 'one less win' element of it.

IUP will lose some games this year. The PSAC has some really good teams this season. This is the best West in years so they aren't going to cruise through it.

I suspect they may try to add a game down the road somewhere.

That said, many in the PSAC have taken D3 games already so they don't really count for postseason anyway.

Leave a comment:

• boatcapt
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

Salem should never be put on another IUP schedule for this BS! F them!!!

Leave a comment:

• Ship69
    replied

Kutztown's start is baffling. I don't see them staying in the dumps much longer. Their only win so far is against a PSU branch.

IUP's really strong, but they are going to take some losses this year. The PSAC is too deep this year.

I fully expect a war on Saturday. If only you guys could watch it. Maybe next year we can afford to have a video.
    Yeah, I enjoy the games with IUP, even if Ship is on the losing end most of the time. I know coach Fite, after several years as an assistant at IUP, enjoys the rivalry. I'm certainly glad he made the move to Ship as he brought a quantum improvement to our BB program.
    Last edited by Ship69; 11-25-2021, 11:09 AM.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

I'll be interested in seeing how IUP does with Virginia State, Millersville, and West Chester before they play Ship. That should give some idea of where Ship stands in the scheme of things. If IUP is firing on all cylinders, I can't see Kutztown or Shepherd giving them a lot of trouble. But stranger things have happened.
    Kutztown's start is baffling. I don't see them staying in the dumps much longer. Their only win so far is against a PSU branch.

IUP's really strong, but they are going to take some losses this year. The PSAC is too deep this year.

I fully expect a war on Saturday. If only you guys could watch it. Maybe next year we can afford to have a video.

Leave a comment:

• Ship69
    replied

The issue is there is a set limit of games a D2 team is allowed to play in the regular season. I'd assume most are maxed out, schedule-wise. There are some exceptions for these 'tournament' weekends but I don't know all the details.

Fairmont State is off. Turn this into a mini-Regional.

I know starting Saturday, IUP starts a brutal stretch.

Virginia State
    TBD - Sunday
    @ Kutztown
    @ West Chester
    Millersville
    Shepherd
    Shippensburg
    XMAS BREAK
    @ California
    I'll be interested in seeing how IUP does with Virginia State, Millersville, and West Chester before they play Ship. That should give some idea of where Ship stands in the scheme of things. If IUP is firing on all cylinders, I can't see Kutztown or Shepherd giving them a lot of trouble. But stranger things have happened.

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied

Irony ... Salem women play at KCAC today.

Tom should run it up !
    Cancel it due to Covid and screw them out of travel expenses.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by Scrub View Post

I would agree. Blackball them for all future scheduling. This is inexcusable.
    Irony ... Salem women play at KCAC today.

Tom should run it up !

Leave a comment:

• Scrub
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

I would agree. Blackball them for all future scheduling. This is inexcusable.

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied
    Confirmed in the Gazette today. Salem isn't coming. The article said, essentially, Salem 'overbooked' its schedule and coming here would put them over the max games allowed.

As of today, IUP has not found a replacement.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Confirmed in the Gazette today. Salem isn't coming. The article said, essentially, Salem 'overbooked' its schedule and coming here would put them over the max games allowed.

As of today, IUP has not found a replacement.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X