X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by boatcapt View Post

Interesting. I haven't checked but I don't recall any D1 conferences delaying their seasons to Jan 1. I wonder if the NCAA will let players transfer and be immediately eligible for D1 schools that have already started their seasons? This could result in a number of those upper classmen D1 players transfering to DIIs that don't start play until January.
    The Ivy is the only D1 league I know of that has shut down. There about 40 teams in D1 not playing right now. Granted, there's about 9,000 D1 teams.

Oddly the portal is flooded with Ivy departures. Have to question leaving a free ride at an Ivy League school just to play ball this year. Odds are real good if you were at an Ivy ... you aren't going to play with LeBron. That Yale diploma is with you for life. By June nobody will remember you scored 7 points at New Mexico State.

Leave a comment:

• Columbuseer
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    Tommy Demo has hit the transfer portal.

Given his age, it's no surprise he wants to play somewhere this season and get started with his overseas career. It wasn't expected he was going to stick around with the PSAC bailing on the season.

That's likely a D2 All-American for this season sitting on the free agent wire.

I'd guess he tries to land somewhere in the mid-West (where he's from) but every D2 team in the country that is playing should be blowing up his phone today -- 6'8" guy who plays all five positions, shoots the trey and is a monster rebounder. Pretty rare player for D2.
    Not familiar with his skill set. Would he focus on a team where he is the main man? Is he more of a half court set guy and not a fit for WLU style?

Leave a comment:

• Columbuseer
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

Come on, we both know the MEC wants no part of IUP and Hurst. They give those MEC teams fits!!!
    That would be some great games! Maybe a year when fans can attend. Some time ago MEC mandated a 22 game max schedule with only in-conference games.

Leave a comment:

• boatcapt
    replied
    The transfer portal is completely flooded right now with D1 and D2 players -- the majority from conferences that cancelled the season.
    Interesting. I haven't checked but I don't recall any D1 conferences delaying their seasons to Jan 1. I wonder if the NCAA will let players transfer and be immediately eligible for D1 schools that have already started their seasons? This could result in a number of those upper classmen D1 players transfering to DIIs that don't start play until January.

Leave a comment:

• CALUPA69
    replied
    The transfer portal is completely flooded right now with D1 and D2 players -- the majority from conferences that cancelled the season.
    Anyone we know ?

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Tommy Demo has hit the transfer portal.

Given his age, it's no surprise he wants to play somewhere this season and get started with his overseas career. It wasn't expected he was going to stick around with the PSAC bailing on the season.

That's likely a D2 All-American for this season sitting on the free agent wire.

I'd guess he tries to land somewhere in the mid-West (where he's from) but every D2 team in the country that is playing should be blowing up his phone today -- 6'8" guy who plays all five positions, shoots the trey and is a monster rebounder. Pretty rare player for D2.
    Last edited by IUPbigINDIANS; 12-01-2020, 08:18 AM.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    CIAA is going to play. Schedule announced.

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied

I'm surprised IUP isn't going forward and trying to get an independent schedule.

Of course the way things are going there may be no D2 basketball.

I'd have to think the MEC would have worked out a deal with the (4) PSAC schools.
    Come on, we both know the MEC wants no part of IUP and Hurst. They give those MEC teams fits!!!

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

Clarion? That's odd... I thought if there was 4 it would've been SH.
    I'm surprised IUP isn't going forward and trying to get an independent schedule.

Of course the way things are going there may be no D2 basketball.

I'd have to think the MEC would have worked out a deal with the (4) PSAC schools.

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied
    iUP, Clarion, Gannon and Mercyhurst voted to play. The rest all declined.
    Clarion? That's odd... I thought if there was 4 it would've been SH.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    iUP, Clarion, Gannon and Mercyhurst voted to play. The rest all declined.

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    The question becomes who will stick around. I'd assume most. Demo will be interesting. He's getting older (almost on the Driz plan). But, a full season of tape would do his overseas stock wonders. If players aren't having financial issues in their personal lives ... they'd be nuts to walk away. Leave with a 'paid for' Masters (or, two).

You feel for all of them ... Consider last year's redshirts. It will be like 3 years by the time they actually play a live game.

Life goes on.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    It will be a miracle with the way things are going to see any collegiate basketball this year other than D1.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X