X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IUPalum
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    Malik and Chucky will both sign professional contracts in the coming days. More to follow.
    I knew Malik was looking to sign but I really thought Chucky was going to move on to a media career.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Malik and Chucky will both sign professional contracts in the coming days. More to follow.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Former walk-on Alan Glover is headed to Stockton (NJ). He should do very well there and play heavy minutes.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    With a shortened season the conference slate becomes a bit more interesting. It's a tough stretch to start the season. Gannon and SRU also visit the KCAC over break. The Saturday, Jan. 30, trip to SRU is always a tough one. Below lists 20 games. They can play a max of 22 regular season games. I suspect two 'tune up' type home games prior to Shepherd visiting.

2020-21
    11/21 (SAT) Shepherd
    11/22 (SUN) Shippensburg
    12/4 (FRI) @ Kutztown
    12/5 (SAT) @ West Chester
    12/16 Edinboro
    12/19 @ California
    1/2 Gannon
    1/6 @ Seton Hill
    1/9 Slippery Rock
    1/13 BYE
    1/16 @ Mercyhurst
    1/20 @ Clarion
    1/23 UPJ
    1/27 @ Gannon
    1/30 @ Slippery Rock
    2/3 California
    2/6 Mercyhurst
    2/10 BYE
    2/13 Seton Hill
    2/17 @ Edinboro
    2/20 @ UPJ
    2/24 Clarion

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Class of 2021 offer SG Matt Davis (Johns Creek, GA, and The-Skill-Factory High School) has verbally committed to Charleston Southern.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Looks like a late addition has surfaced (walk-on).

Nike McGlynn is a 6'2" guard from York. He had a very strong junior year but missed his senior season due to injury.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    I really hope Anthony White stays. Kind of lost in history is the fact he really bailed them out last year in a pivotal game.

Recall the Saturday-Sunday doubleheader ... Demo was lost for the season the day before and Joe had ESU the next day.

Anthony hadn't really played in the first four games and then came in for a game-high 16 points in a 80-56 bashing of the Warriors.

I said all season he'd have started for the vast majority of teams in the PSAC. I'd hate to see him leave right before his senior season. He's been a big part of the program. I know his potential leaving isn't basketball or IUP related.

Basketball-wise, he's developed from a walk-on to a well-built, 6'3" really athletc guard. Call him a role player but guys like him are hard to find.

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Not sure how even Redshirt Joe is going to get this roster down to his preferred 6-man rotation by January. LOL.

As we know it ... 2020-21 Roster:

Guard:
    Armoni Foster
    Shawndale Jones
    David Morris
    K.J. Rhodes
    Bryce Radford
    Enrique Cordon Sjoberg
    Anthony White (rumored to be leaving)
    Kyle Polce
    Jackson Faulk (walk-on)

Forward:

Tommy Demogerontas (6'8, 220 lbs)
    Ethan Porterfield (6'9", 225 lbs)
    Ousmane Diop (6'10", 225 lbs)
    Tomiwa Sulaiman (6'6", 225 lbs)
    Nolan Burk (6'8", 235 lbs) (walk-on)

Utility:

Dylan Benton (walk-on)

That's 15 players as of now. If Anthony leaves that's 14. Three walk-ons and 11 scholarship players. This is Joe's deepest roster I can remember.

I'm assuming Polce, Burk, Faulk and Sjoberg will redshirt. Sulaiman is going to play as a true freshman per reports. He may actually dress the walk-ons (he typically does).

Leave a comment:

• Fightingscot82
    replied
    Originally posted by Bart View Post

Is there a travel ban for students from Europe?
    Not right now. I was expecting one in March but it never happened. I imagine they'll get a temperature scan when they arrive then will have to self quarantine for 14 days before starting team activities.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    I long ago quit second-guessing Lombardi recruits. Most of them, anyway. Keep sending those $$$ checks. Joe can recruit around the globe.

Leave a comment:

• CALUPA69
    replied
    Originally posted by Bart View Post

Hope not come September or a significant player for VULCANS WBB from SHEFFIELD ENG. will be sorely missed.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    But, when you consider he has his 7 for next year ...

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    On the 'immediate' surface .... wasn't expecting so many high school players.
    Last edited by IUPbigINDIANS; 05-31-2020, 07:18 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Bart
    replied
    Originally posted by Scrub View Post
    Looks like Joe just pulled a couple of European players for next year. Any scouting report on these guys?

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X