Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    IUP has offered Michael Matas (6'8", 210 lbs) from Oakville, Canada (London Basketball Academy).

He has a slew of offers including U-Indy. He's a 'Stretch 4'

His film is very similar to Ethan Porterfield's a year ago.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    I thought they did pretty well on the All-Decade men's teams. The toughest call was Ashton over Malik.

Mathis Keita being left out was probably the toughest decision as far as the final 10 players.

In honor of Joe, each team (first and second) should have had a 7-man rotation. Each team could have also had two redshirts and a walk-on ready to play by mid-January.

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    Jelani Simmons, a current IUP target, picked up an offer from Lincoln Memorial last night.

So, on the D2 level, he has IUP, Lincoln Memorial and U-Indy among the top-tier programs. He also has 4-5 low D1 offers. It appears he's trying to wait this out and see if a bigger school makes a late run at him.

There are a couple other offers in play inside the KCAC -- this is just the only public one. We'll see who signs first to play for Redshirt Joe (and, hopefully they've already taken a redshirt year).
    That kid must be that damn good!

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Jelani Simmons, a current IUP target, picked up an offer from Lincoln Memorial last night.

So, on the D2 level, he has IUP, Lincoln Memorial and U-Indy among the top-tier programs. He also has 4-5 low D1 offers. It appears he's trying to wait this out and see if a bigger school makes a late run at him.

There are a couple other offers in play inside the KCAC -- this is just the only public one. We'll see who signs first to play for Redshirt Joe (and, hopefully they've already taken a redshirt year).

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    IUP has signed 6'2" shooting guard Kyle Polce (Pine-Richland High School).

Polce is a scholarship player.

One spot left.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    The kid from Steel Valley picked West Chester .. over IUP, Ship, Boro and Youngstown State.

Must be that academic money ....

My opinion is he'll be Part 2 of this past year's WCU phenom. One and done.

Joe has a recruiting issue this year for high school guards. Automatic redshirt. That makes things harder.
    Last edited by IUPbigINDIANS; 04-18-2020, 04:59 PM.

Leave a comment:

• IUP24
    replied
    I will add if you talk about the great individual single game performances of the past 30 years ... Shawndale in the PSAC Final was likely a Top 5.
    I would love to actually discuss that. Lets talk about the last decade... 2010-2020 (I'll add the extra year so you can use Shawndale's performance)\

Scooter Renkin... 2013 PSAC Quarterfinal. IUP won an absolute thriller in OT against Boro. Scooter and Mathis both went for 25. But it was, Scooter who just hit shot after shot after shot. He was 6 for 8 from three as well. I really remember that game as a student. Friday and Saturday night were really memorable. But IUP almost didn't get there. They were trailing with under 10 seconds to play. Anthony Wells hit a desperation layup that tied the game and sent it to OT.

I think in championship seasons, you often forget about the close calls you needed to survive to get there.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Jelani picked up two more low-level D1 offers today. I'd say it's doubtful we get him. I'd assume Redshirt Joe has already moved along.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    I will add if you talk about the great individual single game performances of the past 30 years ... Shawndale in the PSAC Final was likely a Top 5.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    I was walking around campus last night and was thinking about the discussion from a couple weeks back regarding our IUP all-time teams.

There's definitely a difference in the 'single season' versus 'career' list. For the 'single season' list ... the more and more I think about it ... not sure you can leave Anthony Glover off that first team. He had an incredible (All American) senior season -- and did so with Cobo and Dante injured on and off all season.

This is sports talk now in the Coronavirus Era ... lists and mythical games, rankings, etc.

Oddly nothing new in the past 48 hours on the recruiting front. There are two outstanding offers and a rumored third. They can only take two of the three (if they can get any of them). It's also confirmed the two signings from last week are preferred walk-ons. I do think the big fella has some upside. I can see him pulling an Anthony White and working his way up the ladder. He's not likely to be a star-type but could be a nice role player off the bench down the road. Same with the guard.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by IUP24 View Post

Word is 7 guys will play.
    Probably 5

Leave a comment:

• IUP24
    replied

G Camden Polak, Steel Valley, has been offered by IUP. There's a bidding war going for him. IUP, Shippensburg, West Chester, Edinboro and Youngstown State have offered.

Assuming we'll be hearing about the final two 'scholarship' recruits soon. It's believed that both Faulk and Burk are preferred walk-ons. By the 'IUP salary cap' for the upcoming season, Redshirt Joe has 1.5 to 2 equivalencies left. Word is the funding is in place to be maxed out this season.
    Word is 7 guys will play.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    UPDATED (known) roster:

Guard

Armoni Foster
    David Morris
    Shawndale Jones
    Anthony White
    K.J. Rhodes
    Bryce Radford
    Jackson Faulk

Forward

Tommy Demogerontas
    Ethan Porterfield
    Ousmane Diop
    Nolan Burk

Flex

Dylan Benton

Outstanding Offers

G Jelani Simmons / Transfer YSU

G Camden Polak, Steel Valley, has been offered by IUP. There's a bidding war going for him. IUP, Shippensburg, West Chester, Edinboro and Youngstown State have offered.

Assuming we'll be hearing about the final two 'scholarship' recruits soon. It's believed that both Faulk and Burk are preferred walk-ons. By the 'IUP salary cap' for the upcoming season, Redshirt Joe has 1.5 to 2 equivalencies left. Word is the funding is in place to be maxed out this season.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    UPDATED (known) roster:

Guard

Armoni Foster
    David Morris
    Shawndale Jones
    Anthony White
    K.J. Rhodes
    Bryce Radford
    Jackson Faulk

Forward

Tommy Demogerontas
    Ethan Porterfield
    Ousmane Diop
    Nolan Burk

Flex

Dylan Benton

Outstanding Offer

Jelani Simmons

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    A second high school player has committed.

Nolan Burk (6'7", 230 lbs) is a Forward from (somewhat) local Bishop Carroll High School. He announced this weekend he is headed to play for Redshirt Joe.
    Last edited by IUPbigINDIANS; 04-13-2020, 07:31 AM.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X