X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by Scrub View Post

I don't think they would go to a new site if 1 & 2 lose, would they? When Wheeling lost to Mercy in the first round a few years ago, they still had to play gracious host to the rest of the tournament. I would guess that IUP would be hosting the regional final even if it's a Ship vs. Charleston game.

When the press release says "highest remaining seed" will host the final, I read that to mean the highest remaining seed of the two host sites. So, in the scenario you present where both IUP & WLU lose, I suspect they would just use IUP as the host for the final. But I could be totally wrong.
    I'd assume IUP will issue some information today. This is a fairly odd situation. The IUP men and women are both playing Friday. I'm assuming the two ladies' games will be at 12 p.m. and 2:30 p.m. and then the two men's games will be 5:30 p.m. and 8 p.m.

Sounds like a 'sick day' to me.

Leave a comment:

• Scrub
    replied
    Originally posted by Golden89 View Post

Games are Friday / Saturday/ Tuesday for both split regionals. Gives some travel time and possibly some time for a lower seed to prepare to host final if both 1 and 2 seeds lose. I
    I don't think they would go to a new site if 1 & 2 lose, would they? When Wheeling lost to Mercy in the first round a few years ago, they still had to play gracious host to the rest of the tournament. I would guess that IUP would be hosting the regional final even if it's a Ship vs. Charleston game.

When the press release says "highest remaining seed" will host the final, I read that to mean the highest remaining seed of the two host sites. So, in the scenario you present where both IUP & WLU lose, I suspect they would just use IUP as the host for the final. But I could be totally wrong.
    Last edited by Scrub; 03-09-2020, 04:25 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Golden89
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    IUP Twitter says the men's game is Friday. That's odd. Must be new this year.
    Games are Friday / Saturday/ Tuesday for both split regionals. Gives some travel time and possibly some time for a lower seed to prepare to host final if both 1 and 2 seeds lose. I

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    IUP Twitter says the men's game is Friday. That's odd. Must be new this year.

Leave a comment:

• hawks16
    replied
    Originally posted by hawks16 View Post
    Gannon women (2 seed) and Mercyhurst men (6 seed) get the advantage of staying home in Erie.
    editing myself. Gannon women and West Liberty men get to host the 2/7 and 3/6 matchups.

Leave a comment:

• Ship69
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    Well, if we see Ship again it will be on our turf. Two games against them in Heiges was enough.

Can't say enough about Shawndale Jones. For the 'sixth man' to get PSAC Tournament MVP says a lot. There was no answer for him this weekend. If you wanna sellout on Malik and Armoni ... Shawndale will kill you. Off the boxscore is the fact he had to go down low and bang with Ethan and Chucky in (ticky tack) foul trouble.

The officiating unfortunately changed the whole game. Refs wanna be the damn show.

I actually thought Benton and Ulrich did fine today. Consider Ulrich hasn't played in like 6 games .... he went in there and banged. He gets called for breathing. He's a bit of a 'goon' out there. People feel it when he fouls them. Incredibly strong dude. Those two had to play. No choice. And, IUP was able to hold the lead while they were in the game. Shawn got a couple nice boards. He is a hack, though. Lol.

Chucky and Carlos Carter both had to sit a ton. Pretty heated game.
    There were some nickel-dime fouls, but Ulrich could have fouled out twice. He went in there and banged all right. Jones did have an amazing weekend.

Leave a comment:

• hawks16
    replied
    Gannon women (2 seed) and Mercyhurst men (6 seed) get the advantage of staying home in Erie.

Leave a comment:

• Golden89
    replied
    Women QF Friday night.
    Men QF Sat afternoon
    Women SF Sat night.
    Men SF Sun night
    Finals Mon and Tue

Leave a comment:

• Chuck Norris
    replied
    Originally posted by IUP CRIMSON HAWKS View Post
    Okay, so both the IUP men and women get a watered down version of hosting the regions with only four teams at each of their tourneys. Now how exactly does this work with the teams seemingly playing on the same days according to the schedule that I saw? Does one team get shoved into the Field House? I can't see how they can play all the games at the KCAC.

-

Leave a comment:

• IUP CRIMSON HAWKS
    replied
    Okay, so both the IUP men and women get a watered down version of hosting the regions with only four teams at each of their tourneys. Now how exactly does this work with the teams seemingly playing on the same days according to the schedule that I saw? Does one team get shoved into the Field House? I can't see how they can play all the games at the KCAC.

-

Leave a comment:

• Golden89
    replied
    And the men get the top seed as well. Congrats.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Well, if we see Ship again it will be on our turf. Two games against them in Heiges was enough.

Can't say enough about Shawndale Jones. For the 'sixth man' to get PSAC Tournament MVP says a lot. There was no answer for him this weekend. If you wanna sellout on Malik and Armoni ... Shawndale will kill you. Off the boxscore is the fact he had to go down low and bang with Ethan and Chucky in (ticky tack) foul trouble.

The officiating unfortunately changed the whole game. Refs wanna be the damn show.

I actually thought Benton and Ulrich did fine today. Consider Ulrich hasn't played in like 6 games .... he went in there and banged. He gets called for breathing. He's a bit of a 'goon' out there. People feel it when he fouls them. Incredibly strong dude. Those two had to play. No choice. And, IUP was able to hold the lead while they were in the game. Shawn got a couple nice boards. He is a hack, though. Lol.

Chucky and Carlos Carter both had to sit a ton. Pretty heated game.

Leave a comment:

• boatcapt
    replied
    Perhaps a split region with the #2 seeds hosting some first round games?

Leave a comment:

• Golden89
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPNation View Post
    So IUP should still get both regionals?

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied
    So IUP should still get both regionals?

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse