• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• boatcapt
    replied
    Re: Iup basketball

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    I think Joe's going to regret not signing Carlos Carter. That's not to say he'd have wanted to stay in Indiana. He's going to be pretty special for Shippensburg. He's a really skilled, physically imposing guard (as a true freshman). Luckily he didn't follow Sancomb to Cal so IUP won't see him a whole lot.

I also thought their guard from Latrobe (Jake Biss) was a very polished player. He's only a sophomore. Those two will be their core the next several years.

I keep hearing about IUP not recruiting Kellam. Dustin Sleva said the same thing. Kellam and Dante are in the same class. Joe wasn't going to take two high school PGs in the same class. Recall in that class he did take a second PG (Brandon Spain). Now, Biss and Carter both being local ... those may be big misses.
    Not going to recruit a top tier PG the year you "recruit" your son to be your teams PG. You want depth but not someone who is going to perhaps send "your boy" to the bench!

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied

I think Joe's going to regret not signing Carlos Carter. That's not to say he'd have wanted to stay in Indiana. He's going to be pretty special for Shippensburg. He's a really skilled, physically imposing guard (as a true freshman). Luckily he didn't follow Sancomb to Cal so IUP won't see him a whole lot.

I also thought their guard from Latrobe (Jake Biss) was a very polished player. He's only a sophomore. Those two will be their core the next several years.

I keep hearing about IUP not recruiting Kellam. Dustin Sleva said the same thing. Kellam and Dante are in the same class. Joe wasn't going to take two high school PGs in the same class. Recall in that class he did take a second PG (Brandon Spain). Now, Biss and Carter both being local ... those may be big misses.
    You can't take everyone! Yes, some real good local players are going to go elsewhere because there is only so many scholarships and they need to be spread to balance the team. This next recruiting class for Joe will be a real key class to continued success. I'm pretty sure we already have the PG for the next 3 years in Armoni. Malik will be a senior and we know he's good. Ulrich, Keyes are unknowns! Dancses unknown other than we know he can shoot. Porterfield didn't look good opening weekend of HS this weekend. TBC

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

Leave a comment:

• hawks16
    replied

What did Bravado have to say on the radio?

He about lost his mind on those three stooges tonight ... in particular the hair gel model.
    Tonight was the best IUP game I've been to in terms of how the crowd got into it since the 2013 PSAC title game when Slippery Rock came into town and everyone was liquored up for the first ever IUPatty's.

I caught some of Joe's radio interview. He said he got his technical for approaching the referee, which he said he didn't do. He also said he didn't cuss. Considering he had to be held back by Allen Payne and everyone in the building heard the two or three bulls--t's...have to disagree with his analysis there. From my vantage point, it looked like after Dante got fouled on his drive to the hoop either someone said something nasty to him, hit him after the play or was going to make contact. Joe rides the referees with the best of them, but he rarely rarely rarely ever gets T'd up for all the talking he does.

Joe also made a good point (he didn't name anyone but I believe was referencing Carlos Carter and Antonio Kellem) that when some teams with Western PA players play IUP, they play with a chip on their shoulder. He said you can't offer everyone ever year...it depends on how many spots are available, etc.

Joe also had good things to say about Armoni Foster, including that he's, in his mind without having seen everyone, the best freshman in the league.

- Good things happen when Greg Bearer is on the court. He does the small stuff...like when he comes on as a sub, he's always making sure the other four guys are pointing at who they have on the defensive end.
    - Now that teams have tape on it, it's going to be increasingly harder to guard Dante when he drives to the hoop. If the defender comes over, he's lobbing it up for the alley-oop. If the defender stays, he's got the tear-drop floater.
    - Just nine turnovers and the team shot 21-26 from the line.
    - Cobo had 17 points and 10 rebounds. That was a quiet 17, in my opinion, by Cobo. He and Willem missed their fair share of bunnies.
    - Antonio Kellem is a hooper, plain and simple. He made it rain on just about everyone in the first half, including at least two over Cobo.
    - Dante injury update: Looked like he caught an elbow to the head in the second half.

Leave a comment:

• IUP24
    replied

He about lost his mind on those three stooges tonight ... in particular the hair gel model.
    He was rocking a real fresh cut tonight. No doubt. Was trying for the Gordon Hayward look. #GQ

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

The crowrd rattled Talley in to that technical when he pushed Malik. He was getting hammered by the baseline crowd all night. He lost his cool. Huge turning point in the game.

Leave a comment:

• Chuck Norris
    replied

Originally posted by IUP CRIMSON HAWKS View Post
    While the KCAC is certainly majestic and all of that---the Field House is just such a BETTER venue for a hoops game!

How much were tickets this evening?

-

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

Leave a comment:

• IUP24
    replied
    Hard to argue. That place was packed and fired up like the old days.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

One thing you could see there in person was Ship's short bench caught up to them. They tired out the last 10 minutes.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

Originally posted by IUP CRIMSON HAWKS View Post
    While the KCAC is certainly majestic and all of that---the Field House is just such a BETTER venue for a hoops game!

-
    Hard to argue. That place was packed and fired up like the old days.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

Joe made a great adjustment at halftime forcing them out real deep.

Marko's two treys were awesome. That was Grade A Dante. How about that offensive rebound at the end ... 5'10" guy with board of the game.

Leave a comment:

• IUP CRIMSON HAWKS
    replied

Originally posted by Chuck Norris View Post
    It was actually great that this particular game was played in the field house. It deserved a loud, fired up crowd.

-

Leave a comment:

• IUP24
    replied

I agree with you about Ship. Much better than I thought. They have some shooters. IUP will see them again. No doubt about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• Chuck Norris
    replied
    Last edited by Chuck Norris; 12-08-2018, 08:44 PM.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X