• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• boatcapt
    replied
    Re: Iup basketball

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    That's not going to change. Bravado likes the big games. He deserves credit for always taking a brutal non-conference. But, like you said, it's only great when you win. These last couple years they've lost a bunch of these marquee games.

It's great for the fans. That opening weekend is fantastic. Tommy Bolte on opening night and Virginia State the next day. Joe's teams have a long history of shutting down stars. Malik Miller vs. Bolte is going to be an awesome match-up.

The odd part about the schedule is they knew they had the East Big 4 in crossover so they didn't need to play a beefed up non-conference schedule.

That said, they schedule:

Concord
    Virginia State
    Bowie State
    U of Sciences
    Le Moyne
    (at) Fairmont State

Then, add West Chester and Shippensburg at home and road games at East Stroudsburg and Kutztown .... along with the West schedule.

By the last game of the regular season Joe may have the top Strength of Schedule in the country. Literally.

If anybody did a legit preseason Top 25 ... Concord, VSU, Bowie, Le Moyne and Fairmont would all be ranked.
    Ive said for years that WLU played a "beefed up" in confrence schedule that included multiple games v nationally ranked teams like Fairmont, WJU and Concord! WLU didnt need to play a tough OOC schedule to get ready for post season play when they were playing at least 6 in conference wars against top ranked teams!

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

Originally posted by IUPalum View Post
    I'm actually more interested to the the defense with 3 bigs and 2 guards. Will they be fast enough to defend the length of the floor against fast athletic teams?
    Gonna find out real fast.

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied

In that sense they are replacing an elite shooting guard with another point guard. I agree with you. On the flip side they are replacing Blake with Chucky Humphries and Marko Krivacevic -- and that's a MAJOR upgrade.

I'm curious to see the offense with three bigs starting and just two guards. That's a pretty big change.
    I'm actually more interested to the the defense with 3 bigs and 2 guards. Will they be fast enough to defend the length of the floor against fast athletic teams?

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

Basically IUP added Lemoyne and Concord and lost Ferris and Findlay from last years nonconference schedule. I think IUP has better weapons to go after teams this year other than guard. Losing Glover and playing Armoni will be a big difference this year. Hutton, no factor!

In that sense they are replacing an elite shooting guard with another point guard. I agree with you. On the flip side they are replacing Blake with Chucky Humphries and Marko Krivacevic -- and that's a MAJOR upgrade.

I'm curious to see the offense with three bigs starting and just two guards. That's a pretty big change.

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied

Basically IUP added Lemoyne and Concord and lost Ferris and Findlay from last years nonconference schedule. I think IUP has better weapons to go after teams this year other than guard. Losing Glover and playing Armoni will be a big difference this year. Hutton, no factor!

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

Originally posted by boatcapt View Post
    That's the risk you take when you schedule too hard. It's great if you win but if you lose your season can be over before its even begun.

That's not going to change. Bravado likes the big games. He deserves credit for always taking a brutal non-conference. But, like you said, it's only great when you win. These last couple years they've lost a bunch of these marquee games.

It's great for the fans. That opening weekend is fantastic. Tommy Bolte on opening night and Virginia State the next day. Joe's teams have a long history of shutting down stars. Malik Miller vs. Bolte is going to be an awesome match-up.

The odd part about the schedule is they knew they had the East Big 4 in crossover so they didn't need to play a beefed up non-conference schedule.

That said, they schedule:

Concord
    Virginia State
    Bowie State
    U of Sciences
    Le Moyne
    (at) Fairmont State

Then, add West Chester and Shippensburg at home and road games at East Stroudsburg and Kutztown .... along with the West schedule.

By the last game of the regular season Joe may have the top Strength of Schedule in the country. Literally.

If anybody did a legit preseason Top 25 ... Concord, VSU, Bowie, Le Moyne and Fairmont would all be ranked.

Leave a comment:

• boatcapt
    replied

I'll say one thing ... they best be treating these first two games like Game 7's. I don't want to hear the "it's early" crap anymore. Playing these games has cost them two of the past three dances.
    That's the risk you take when you schedule too hard. It's great if you win but if you lose your season can be over before its even begun.

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied

The Virginia State at IUP game will be like a Homecoming game of sorts.

Two former Cal Vulcans are on the VSU roster -- Tony Richardson and Jahmere Howze. From Richardson's photo he looks like he really got in to shape.

VSU has some monster size on that roster and a ton of transfer imports. That may be one of the best games at the KCAC all year.
    I'll be at that game! VSU could be the team to beat.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

The Virginia State at IUP game will be like a Homecoming game of sorts.

Two former Cal Vulcans are on the VSU roster -- Tony Richardson and Jahmere Howze. From Richardson's photo he looks like he really got in to shape.

VSU has some monster size on that roster and a ton of transfer imports. That may be one of the best games at the KCAC all year.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

I'm not but the game is suppose to be on the SEC network.

I'm going to try and arrange a work trip to Louisville and then buzz down to Lexington for the game.

I've always wanted to see Rupp Arena and Lexington is a great little city. The game may be good for 3-4 minutes.

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied

I'm not but the game is suppose to be on the SEC network.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

Originally posted by IUP CRIMSON HAWKS View Post
    Why would ANYONE still drink the Kool-Aid of these guys? Beyond me! Top five team my azz! Get ready for mo of the same.

-

They're going to be very strong right up until the first guard injury. Then, Groundhog Day starts.

Leave a comment:

• IUP24
    replied
    Kentucky is showing up as No. 1 in numerous preseason polls.

IUP's visit to Rupp is about 3 weeks out.

The big positive is Concord and Virginia State won't seem very athletic after this roadtrip.

Leave a comment:

• IUP CRIMSON HAWKS
    replied

I'll say one thing ... they best be treating these first two games like Game 7's. I don't want to hear the "it's early" crap anymore. Playing these games has cost them two of the past three dances.
    Why would ANYONE still drink the Kool-Aid of these guys? Beyond me! Top five team my azz! Get ready for mo of the same.

-

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X