• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Re: Iup basketball

New year ... another paddle for Irish Tom in the Mon Valley

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied

Appleby as usual is out of control driving the lane.

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied

Just started watching, Cal loves lobbying for calls. hahaha Game looks very sloppy!

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

This feed ... goodness.

Anybody else's freezing up constantly? Maybe it's my phone. But it sucks so far.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

Tom up two at half. Neither team a great half.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

Ugly first quarter for Megan Smith. Make matters worse ... 2 fouls.

Parsons also has two.

Leave a comment:

• IUP24
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    Quality over quantity.

Look at that Pitt upset of Miami at the end of the football season. Heinz Field was juiced up. Very rare but it was alive. That was an atmosphere and it certainly helped the home team. I like the idea of Pitt tarping off the upperdeck. Pack the lower bowl. I'd like the KCAC to do something similar. IUP is never going to come even close to routinely filling the place (or even half of it). Obviously I'm not talking about tarping seats there but condensing the crowd.

Look at the Field House ... 1,500 in there was packed and loud. Those same 1,500 in the KCAC are spread out way too far and dull nearly every game.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

IUP can also improve the atmosphere dramatically by taking advantage of the facility more. They have one of the only state-of-the-art gyms around. Most were built 50 years ago.

I think they need to really spruce up the player introductions. Turn the lights off. Use the spotlights. That's one of the coolest parts of D1 games. They can do it. All the technology is there. The P.A. announcer needs some energy. Talk about a snooze fest.

Use the video board board more effectively. Play modern music. Earth, Wind and Fire is cool like maybe once a season. The Big League Haircut Hairy Man and the Kiss Cam were cool 6 years ago. Spice things up. As IUP24 has said many times, ... get the old people out of the courtside seats. The first 4-5 rows across from the benches should be all students. Whole way across the floor.

Those are cheap fixes that would go a long way to liven the place up. Make it look and feel like a college game and not a high school game. Why build the arena to have the same look and feel of the Field House?

Never know ... 'cool' things up a little bit and that coveted 'culture' may start to change.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

Quality over quantity.

Look at that Pitt upset of Miami at the end of the football season. Heinz Field was juiced up. Very rare but it was alive. That was an atmosphere and it certainly helped the home team. I like the idea of Pitt tarping off the upperdeck. Pack the lower bowl. I'd like the KCAC to do something similar. IUP is never going to come even close to routinely filling the place (or even half of it). Obviously I'm not talking about tarping seats there but condensing the crowd.

Look at the Field House ... 1,500 in there was packed and loud. Those same 1,500 in the KCAC are spread out way too far and dull nearly every game.

Leave a comment:

• Fightingscot82
    replied

Originally posted by IUP24 View Post
    I think the general point is about the atmosphere. Sure, you go to see the basketball game. But you enjoy the crowd being involved and into it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Good point. Its very similar to the debate about the Pirates. If you're a true baseball person you can enjoy going to see the Washington Wild Things for $5. But its not the same thing as going to a Pirates game. Why? Atmosphere. Its still baseball but they're not in the same league for atmosphere. A small Division II court can feel 'big time' if the people want it.

Leave a comment:

• IUP24
    replied

I think the general point is about the atmosphere. Sure, you go to see the basketball game. But you enjoy the crowd being involved and into it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Gannon edinboro game really boosted the average. Take out that game attendance average is 540 a game.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X