X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chuck Norris
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

I can already tell we'll be asking all year why Romero-Sanz is in a tracksuit on the bench.
    Yeah I don’t get it. From the moment he signed, just reading his measurements and experience I assumed he’d start immediately, not just play.

This is shaping up to be an…..interesting year.

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied

I can already tell we'll be asking all year why Romero-Sanz is in a tracksuit on the bench.
    I'm already asking!

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

Nobody questions KJ being a nice kid. He is in fact a great kid. I question the skill set at the D2 level. He's to small to play forward and mauled down there. At guard he's to slow and flat footed and a below average shooter. It just doesn't add up to me being at an elite D2 program.

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied
    Originally posted by EyeoftheHawk View Post

I’m not sure what he sees that we don’t. Maybe he’s an elite practice player. Seems like a nice kid. Isn’t KJ 31 with a wife and two kids now?
    Nobody questions KJ being a nice kid. He is in fact a great kid. I question the skill set at the D2 level. He's to small to play forward and mauled down there. At guard he's to slow and flat footed and a below average shooter. It just doesn't add up to me being at an elite D2 program.

Leave a comment:

• EyeoftheHawk
    replied

Redshirt Joe loves him some KJ

I'd peg him at 12 mpg
    I’m not sure what he sees that we don’t. Maybe he’s an elite practice player. Seems like a nice kid. Isn’t KJ 31 with a wife and two kids now?

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

Under if KJ gets more than 3-4 minutes a game.
    Redshirt Joe loves him some KJ

I'd peg him at 12 mpg

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied

I think the regular season over/under on wins is 18.5
    Under if KJ gets more than 3-4 minutes a game.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by EyeoftheHawk View Post
    Sadly, I think this is a 10 loss team that doesn’t make the tournament. They may make the PSAC tournament but it won’t be a long run. I know Joe expects them to be better the second half of the season, but those games are played against PSAC teams and mostly West teams. Just about all of them are pretty good. If they don’t get to January with less than four losses, it could be ugly.
    I think the regular season over/under on wins is 18.5

Leave a comment:

• EyeoftheHawk
    replied
    Sadly, I think this is a 10 loss team that doesn’t make the tournament. They may make the PSAC tournament but it won’t be a long run. I know Joe expects them to be better the second half of the season, but those games are played against PSAC teams and mostly West teams. Just about all of them are pretty good. If they don’t get to January with less than four losses, it could be ugly.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    If Clarke is a true PG then you'll see a lot more fluid offense this season as opposed to the one on one style of Shawndale.
    Yep. It should actually look like an offense again (and not playground meets AAU).

Leave a comment:

• Chuck Norris
    replied

Sounds like the Manchel, Reilly days of the PSAC are back!
    Pack your brass knucks, every night’s gonna be a street fight!

Leave a comment:

• Chuck Norris
    replied

Agreed. However, Joe's teams don't usually have much pressure in November. If he wants to make the dance, he MUST have a good first month. I think if they take two losses in the first five games, they could be in trouble. They are going to lose games in the West this year. They also have a road game at East Stroudsburg in crossover. Normal year 8 losses or less should get you to the NCAAs. I still think they'll be right on that bubble.

That said, Anthony Watson (sophomore PG from BCCC) is not going to redshirt, nor is freshman guard Sarp Furton (post grad player from DME Academy).

As for scoring, I think you'll be surprised by Dillard and Stewart. The diapers are off now and they'll actually be allowed to shoot. The entire offense won't revolve around Shawndale this year (whether that was the plan or not). Petteno can be an elite floor-spreader and will draw a lot of attention.

Clarke is a pure PG and a great defender. I'd peg him for 5-8 ppg but will make all the others much better. I keep hearing the comparisons that's he's a bigger Fred Mulbah (who also wasn't an elaborate scorer but made UPJ a very dangerous team).

All speculation, of course. The lights get bright in 14 days.

I’ve been a Dallis fan since he got here so I really hope he and Stewart can exceed the jump I think they’ll make. I’ll be all good if I’m wrong about this group. It’s not often that I’m among the more pessimistic IUP fans on this board, lol.

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied
    If Clarke is a true PG then you'll see a lot more fluid offense this season as opposed to the one on one style of Shawndale.

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied
    Originally posted by Chuck Norris View Post

Oh boy. I may have to amend my thoughts from yesterday. I think there are going to be a whole lot of first to 50 wins games in our future. I hope I’m wrong, but where are the points coming from outside the top 3 returnees? Clarke didn’t score at all at Akron, the drop to a lower level might bump him up some but that just doesn’t seem to be the strength of his game. If Joe wouldn’t run any offense through Tomiwa he certainly isn’t going to run any through Brooks. Petteno can score at this level but will he play enough? Waldo I’m sure will be brought along slowly. KJ is KJ.

I’m really surprised if it does turn out the rotation is already this set. If ever there was a year to play a bunch of guys early and whittle the rotation down after the holidays, it would seem like this is it.
    Sounds like the Manchel, Reilly days of the PSAC are back!

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by Chuck Norris View Post

Oh boy. I may have to amend my thoughts from yesterday. I think there are going to be a whole lot of first to 50 wins games in our future. I hope I’m wrong, but where are the points coming from outside the top 3 returnees? Clarke didn’t score at all at Akron, the drop to a lower level might bump him up some but that just doesn’t seem to be the strength of his game. If Joe wouldn’t run any offense through Tomiwa he certainly isn’t going to run any through Brooks. Petteno can score at this level but will he play enough? Waldo I’m sure will be brought along slowly. KJ is KJ.

I’m really surprised if it does turn out the rotation is already this set. If ever there was a year to play a bunch of guys early and whittle the rotation down after the holidays, it would seem like this is it.

Agreed. However, Joe's teams don't usually have much pressure in November. If he wants to make the dance, he MUST have a good first month. I think if they take two losses in the first five games, they could be in trouble. They are going to lose games in the West this year. They also have a road game at East Stroudsburg in crossover. Normal year 8 losses or less should get you to the NCAAs. I still think they'll be right on that bubble.

That said, Anthony Watson (sophomore PG from BCCC) is not going to redshirt, nor is freshman guard Sarp Furton (post grad player from DME Academy).

As for scoring, I think you'll be surprised by Dillard and Stewart. The diapers are off now and they'll actually be allowed to shoot. The entire offense won't revolve around Shawndale this year (whether that was the plan or not). Petteno can be an elite floor-spreader and will draw a lot of attention.

Clarke is a pure PG and a great defender. I'd peg him for 5-8 ppg but will make all the others much better. I keep hearing the comparisons that's he's a bigger Fred Mulbah (who also wasn't an elaborate scorer but made UPJ a very dangerous team).

All speculation, of course. The lights get bright in 14 days.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X