X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IUPalum
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    It's been 42 days since IUP last played a game. It's exactly 200 days until Opening Night.

As of today, Joe has (8) known players on the roster -- Jaylen Stewart, Dallis Dillard, KJ Rhodes, Ethan Porterfield, Damir Brooks, Dolan Waldo and (just signed) Anthony Watson (transfer) and Eric Branch (high school).

It hasn't exactly been an exciting start to recruiting season. Several 'main targets' all signed with D1 programs.

There are still a lot of quality players available in the portal. But ... well, call me not exactly warm and fuzzy about the 23-24 season as of right now. Of course, that can change in a hurry. Whomever these next 5 players are he's about to sign will tell the tale. And, if Joe wants to keep his streaks alive, he best sign some dawgs.
    It's a damn shame the transfer portal and NIL is destroying college sports. Free education wasn't enough. GREED

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    It's been 42 days since IUP last played a game. It's exactly 200 days until Opening Night.

As of today, Joe has (8) known players on the roster -- Jaylen Stewart, Dallis Dillard, KJ Rhodes, Ethan Porterfield, Damir Brooks, Dolan Waldo and (just signed) Anthony Watson (transfer) and Eric Branch (high school).

It hasn't exactly been an exciting start to recruiting season. Several 'main targets' all signed with D1 programs.

There are still a lot of quality players available in the portal. But ... well, call me not exactly warm and fuzzy about the 23-24 season as of right now. Of course, that can change in a hurry. Whomever these next 5 players are he's about to sign will tell the tale. And, if Joe wants to keep his streaks alive, he best sign some dawgs.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

Word is his only offer was from Cheney.
    His knock is staying healthy (and being sent to Joe-beria in the second half). I'd like to see him stay.

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied
    Word around campus is Kyle Polce may exit the portal and stick around.
    Word is his only offer was from Cheney.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Word around campus is Kyle Polce may exit the portal and stick around.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    IUP has signed Anthony Watson (6'2" PG) from Butler County Community College. He was a high school teammate of current IUP player Dolan Waldo at Bethel Park.

Watson is Joe's first JUCO signing since Brandon Spain.

BC3 had a loaded team this year and a very successful season. We could see half of their current roster in D2 next season (IUP, Walsh and West Chester have already signed players).

Their 6'9" shot-blocking star, Jason Baker, has yet to sign. He has numerous D2 offers including Fairmont State and California.

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied
    The March Bandwagon followers blow my mind BUT they know all.

Leave a comment:

• IUP24
    replied

Yeah. Players of his caliber get a ton of offers. Can't land them all.

I said IUP was after him ... not getting him for sure.

Start calling you Layton Jr.

Rest assured the March bandwagon Joe Lovers have nothing to worry about.

As soon as these targets get real D1 offers ... Joe is immediately out of the race in just about every case.
    Lord help me. Lol

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by IUP24 View Post

Wasn't he a guy you said was in the cards for next year and reason not to panic? Lol
    Yeah. Players of his caliber get a ton of offers. Can't land them all.

I said IUP was after him ... not getting him for sure.

Start calling you Layton Jr.

Rest assured the March bandwagon Joe Lovers have nothing to worry about.

As soon as these targets get real D1 offers ... Joe is immediately out of the race in just about every case.
    Last edited by IUPbigINDIANS; 04-12-2023, 09:17 AM.

Leave a comment:

• IUP24
    replied
    Tim Smith Jr. (formerly of Cal and Walsh) has signed with North Alabama.
    Wasn't he a guy you said was in the cards for next year and reason not to panic? Lol

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Tim Smith Jr. (formerly of Cal and Walsh) has signed with North Alabama.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

Yeah, if he's truly healthy and could start hitting 3s again as well as going inside he should be a big piece of the puzzle for them. The only bigs Ship will have will be whomever Fite can recruit this year.
    Joe's fine underneath. He's got three bigs returning and he'll add one more.

The guard position is a different matter. He needs a PG and two more rotation-level imports.

He has a lot of cap room. It's just going to be a matter of getting 4 new rotation players (two of them likely being starters) all on the same page by the first week of November.

Leave a comment:

• Ship69
    replied

Ethan got away with being hobbled and a step slow against PSAC teams and the two Wrestlemania games in the NCAAs against CIAA teams. WL is just a different animal, speed-wise combined with ball movement. He obviously wasn't anywhere near the level he was the year prior.

Hopefully he gets fully recovered and ready to roll by October. Him staying saved Joe's season. It's sure a lot easier to re-tool when you get to re-tool around a healthy Porterfield.
    Yeah, if he's truly healthy and could start hitting 3s again as well as going inside he should be a big piece of the puzzle for them. The only bigs Ship will have will be whomever Fite can recruit this year.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

I thought Porterfield's health finally caught up to IUP in the West Liberty game. It's amazing he played as well as he did down the stretch. Definitely was a key to them holding off Mercyhurst in the PSAC championship game. Even though East Stroud gave them a tussle by going to a slower tempo in the semifinals, I'm not sure that was the right call for ESU. With Porterfield obviously slowed, I'd have been tempted as Wilson to push temp a bit and see what happened.
    Ethan got away with being hobbled and a step slow against PSAC teams and the two Wrestlemania games in the NCAAs against CIAA teams. WL is just a different animal, speed-wise combined with ball movement. He obviously wasn't anywhere near the level he was the year prior.

Hopefully he gets fully recovered and ready to roll by October. Him staying saved Joe's season. It's sure a lot easier to re-tool when you get to re-tool around a healthy Porterfield.

Leave a comment:

• Ship69
    replied

He played all year at probably 50% to 60%. He had throat surgery right before the season and also played through a stress fracture in his foot most of the season. He didn't practice at all the final 8 weeks. Ethan was still (amazingly) pretty effective on offense but he was clearly a step slow on defense due to the injury. He could barely walk the day after a game. He was a warrior.

As I mentioned above, one of the 'shopping list' items is a starting forward to lighten EP's load. Waldo will be the scoring forward off the bench and Brooks is the high-flyer and rebounder. The power forward they are targeting is the total opposite of Porterfield -- so, if they get him, it should be a pretty tough combination.
    I thought Porterfield's health finally caught up to IUP in the West Liberty game. It's amazing he played as well as he did down the stretch. Definitely was a key to them holding off Mercyhurst in the PSAC championship game. Even though East Stroud gave them a tussle by going to a slower tempo in the semifinals, I'm not sure that was the right call for ESU. With Porterfield obviously slowed, I'd have been tempted as Wilson to push temp a bit and see what happened.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X