X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by Chuck Norris View Post

While I certainly appreciate that particular player’s efforts, especially to come back from what he went through, nothing you’re saying surprises me. Next year might be fun. They’re not likely to compile the same gaudy record, but hopefully, whoever is on the team will gel and actually improve as the season goes on instead of peaking in December.
    One of next year's breakout players is already here. Joe is extremely high on Dolan Waldo. He just needed to use this past year to bulk up some. They're going to have a lot of fun with him -- he can really shoot well for being 6'7" and he also has a nice game around the basket. He can also handle the ball very well and run the floor.

Waldo is the only player (in my memory) Joe has ever signed during the early signing period. It will be interesting who starts (Waldo or Brooks) along side Ethan. They'll both play a lot but are very different players.

I don't think there's any way he can go in to next year with KJ as Ethan's backup so I surely expect one transfer post player to be signed. If they could land an impact player like Tim Smith Jr., that would likely mean Waldo and Brooks would both come off the bench.

Leave a comment:

• IUP24
    replied

While I certainly appreciate that particular player’s efforts, especially to come back from what he went through, nothing you’re saying surprises me. Next year might be fun. They’re not likely to compile the same gaudy record, but hopefully, whoever is on the team will gel and actually improve as the season goes on instead of peaking in December.
    I agree with this. Having graduated in 2015, the two best teams I can recall watching were the teams in 2014-2015 and 2019-2020. The 2015 obviously made the national championship game run. The 2020 team was essentially this year's team plus Malik Miller, Armoni Foster, and Chucky Humphries. The similarity between both was that they were playing their best basketball late in the season. That 2015 team had like 6-7 losses going into the NCAA Tournament. But they just gelled late in the year and were playing at such a high level. That 19-20 team never got a shot. What could have been..

Leave a comment:

• Fightingscot82
    replied
    Pets heads are falling off in the KCAC offices.

Leave a comment:

• Chuck Norris
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

My personal opinion (with a hint of some inside info) is this was far from one of Joe's best 'teams'. I think certain players got real tired of a certain player having no leash. It got worse as the season went along, and, by February, it started to erupt a bit. Despite racking up so many wins, IUP didn't look anything like a dominant, 32-2-type team the last 6-7 weeks of the season.

Polce and Bethea were straight up benched. I personally don't think Tomiwa liked being Joe's 'garbage man' when he probably should have been one of the main features of the offense.

I will say this: Polce and Bethea took a long time to enter the portal. My hunch is they've seen some of the players Joe's had in here the past couple weeks and perhaps saw the writing on the wall.

Joe's going to have a fancy roster next year full of players who have had a lot of success at this level. Don't worry about the talent he's going to have. Question is can he blend it together fast enough -- and avoid the behind-the-scenes circus he had this year?

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

Wow. He really wanted out of here I guess. Oh well, maybe he’s the missing piece they need to dethrone those mighty Catamounts of Vermont.

You have to wonder just how bad things were by season’s end with all these departures. Winning truly seems to have masked a lot of issues.
    My personal opinion (with a hint of some inside info) is this was far from one of Joe's best 'teams'. I think certain players got real tired of a certain player having no leash. It got worse as the season went along, and, by February, it started to erupt a bit. Despite racking up so many wins, IUP didn't look anything like a dominant, 32-2-type team the last 6-7 weeks of the season.

Polce and Bethea were straight up benched. I personally don't think Tomiwa liked being Joe's 'garbage man' when he probably should have been one of the main features of the offense.

I will say this: Polce and Bethea took a long time to enter the portal. My hunch is they've seen some of the players Joe's had in here the past couple weeks and perhaps saw the writing on the wall.

Joe's going to have a fancy roster next year full of players who have had a lot of success at this level. Don't worry about the talent he's going to have. Question is can he blend it together fast enough -- and avoid the behind-the-scenes circus he had this year?

Leave a comment:

• Chuck Norris
    replied
    Tomiwa has committed to Bryant
    Wow. He really wanted out of here I guess. Oh well, maybe he’s the missing piece they need to dethrone those mighty Catamounts of Vermont.

You have to wonder just how bad things were by season’s end with all these departures. Winning truly seems to have masked a lot of issues.

Leave a comment:

• IUPHawks24
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

What? Just bc it’s D1 doesn’t mean it more competitive.
    I mean, it is a more competitive schedule. They played multiple Power 5 teams, FAU and the America East is obviously stronger than the PSAC. They also beat Syracuse which IUP didn’t really come close to doing.

But it’s still a baffling move. Fan support isn’t the same level. Not a very big jump in level of play. Makes me think something was amiss last year. It’s not like the Nova SE player who is transferring to Memphis.

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied
    Originally posted by Bart View Post

Bryant does have a more competitive schedule. Gym looks like your average PSAC venue.
    What? Just bc it’s D1 doesn’t mean it more competitive.

Leave a comment:

• IUP1423
    replied
    Money talks....

Leave a comment:

• Bart
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

Sad. Seems like a downgrade.

Their basketball facility looks like a crappy high school gym.
    Bryant does have a more competitive schedule. Gym looks like your average PSAC venue.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Baffling decision. They get 900 a game.

Maybe he'll come back after next season.

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied
    Sad. Seems like a downgrade.

Their basketball facility looks like a crappy high school gym.

Last edited by IUPNation; 04-09-2023, 05:05 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Columbuseer
    replied
    Imho Iup would beat them.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

Leave a comment:

• IUP24
    replied
    Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

Well I'm afraid I've got some bad news...
    You’re a little late, pal.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X