Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• D2SIDA Atlantic Region Media Poll

Released yesterday -- determined by a six-man committee comprised of two representatives from each of the region's three conferences.

1. IUP (3 votes) - 0-2
    2. Shippensburg (2)
    3. Fairmont State
    4. Wheeling Jesuit (1)
    5. West Liberty
    6. Virginia State
    7. Virginia Union
    8. Kutztown
    9. Shepherd
    10. East Stroudsburg

Receiving votes: Gannon, Notre Dame, Bowie

Personally, at this point, I probably put Shippensburg first followed by Wheeling Jesuit and then IUP, Fairmont and WL as interchangeable.

That said ... some real marquee match-ups this weekend right of the bat.

Virginia State at IUP
    Virginia Union at Shippensburg
    Gannon vs. Wheeling Jesuit

This is a great chance for the CIAA to make a statement. And, don't fall asleep on Slippery Rock.

Comment

Re: D2SIDA Atlantic Region Media Poll

If you make the trip there is a Hilton Garden Inn literally about 40' from the front of the KCAC. Thanks for posting the information. IUP historically has had a great series with Bowie State. Always close games. After last weekend I would have preferred a little easier game than VA State but ... too late for that now. Bowie actually won up here early in the season two years ago. It was a thriller. IUP was up like 23-25 points in the first half and then Bowie went bonkers in the second half. I've seen hundreds of IUP games and that one still sticks out in my 'Top 10'.

IUP may have a little different look this week. The starting PG is questionable for this weekend with a knee issue. If he's going to play I'd suspect it would be Saturday night and sit Friday.

UPJ will be a nice game for you Friday night. They are very well-coached and play pretty soundly, mistake-free basketball. They have a very good (4-year starting) senior point guard and real strong small forward who can get real hot from the outside. Depth is usually their big obstacle. The starting five is typically pretty good but the bench is thin.

Comment

That's good to know. I'm a HH member so that's perfect. Don't know much about UPJ but they seem like a solid team. I did watch the VSU - Norfolk State game this past Saturday and VSU goes 9 deep in the rotation. They have 6 new players and they are learning the system and how to play together. Saw some mistakes but was impressed with what I saw. Holley will be the key and with Owens and Corum coming off the bench, there isn't much drop off. I can see some early stumbles with this team but I do think they will be a playoff team come the end of the season. Looking forward to a game at the KCAC. Very nice facility.

Comment

Men's

12-4-2017 - D2SIDA Atlantic Region Media Poll

1. Wheeling Jesuit (7-0)
          2. Virginia State (6-0)
          3. West Liberty (7-0)
          4. West Chester (7-0)
          5. East Stroudsburg (6-0)
          6. Kutztown (6-1)
          7. Shippensburg (6-2)
          8. Fairmont State (5-2)
          9. IUP (6-4)
          10. Johnson C. Smith (7-2)

Receiving Votes: Edinboro (1), Slippery Rock (2)

Dropped out: Edinboro

Comment

Gannon has already played 1, 4, 6, and 7 and plays 5 on Saturday. Good grief.

Comment

My opinion .. take it for what it's worth .... West Liberty is the best team in the Atlantic.

The second ... is about 3 miles behind.

Comment

Updated this morning

1. West Liberty (13-0)

2. West Chester (12-0)

3. Virginia State (13-1)

4. Wheeling Jesuit (12-2)

5. Kutztown (9-3)

6. IUP (10-4)

7. East Stroudsburg (9-3)

8. Shippensburg (9-3)

9. Slippery Rock (12-2)

10. Fairmont State (10-4)

Comment

That my friend, is a very competitive, very deep Region...Yikes...

When SRU and Fairmont are your 9 and 10 teams, that's a slog right there... Maybe I'm biased, but can't imagine another region having their 9 and 10th capable of beating most of the top 8

Comment

Don't forget Edinboro and Virginia Union. Gannon is good, too. Those final 8 spots are going to be a war. The PSAC is very deep this year ... probably the deepest it has been in years. The downside, of course, will be the cannibalization factor.

Comment

Ship looked pretty powerful today in handing West Chester just its second loss. Raiders had some defensive lapses early in the season, but today, they really clamped down in the first half. West Chester hit everything it was throwing up down the stretch, but Ship wins 93-83 at home. 31 for Dustin Sleva, 22 for John Costello, 20 for Justin McCarthur.

Comment

Anybody counting Sleva and Ship out ............ have another beer.

PSAC, my opinion, goes thru Sleva.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X