Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Joe also inherited a program that literally started over after the controversial ending of the Gary Edwards era.
    and started them over he did! lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
      I confirmed - SRU posting was some sort of union formality.
      Yes, Grady is technically still only an interim coach. Obviously, they don't call him that or list it anywhere.... but in the eyes of the NCAA - he's interim as he replaced a coach without interviewing and no interview has been held since the change. Oddly enough, per NCAA rules, a coach can be an interim coach for up to 4 full academic semesters. (read some older articles that said that rule was implemented to allow the interim coach to get one "full year" as coach if the school wanted to... so a coach could get fired before season starts, interim take over and could keep the interim tag for that year and the next season. Ironically, enough, however, that also allows the school to pay them as an "interim" coach and not a full-fledged head coach). This rule applies to any sport that is "in season" between Fall and Spring semesters or over the span of any two consecutive trimesters.

Comment

• Originally posted by bballfan03 View Post

Yes, Grady is technically still only an interim coach. Obviously, they don't call him that or list it anywhere.... but in the eyes of the NCAA - he's interim as he replaced a coach without interviewing and no interview has been held since the change. Oddly enough, per NCAA rules, a coach can be an interim coach for up to 4 full academic semesters. (read some older articles that said that rule was implemented to allow the interim coach to get one "full year" as coach if the school wanted to... so a coach could get fired before season starts, interim take over and could keep the interim tag for that year and the next season. Ironically, enough, however, that also allows the school to pay them as an "interim" coach and not a full-fledged head coach). This rule applies to any sport that is "in season" between Fall and Spring semesters or over the span of any two consecutive trimesters.
        The grand return of JR is quite interesting. Wonder if he'd be interested?

Once you advertise it ... never know what the tide may wash up.

Comment

• Grady's done a pretty good job at a cut rate salary. I have a hard time seeing them commit an extra $25k just to get a "name" when the results are above their expectations.

Comment

The grand return of JR is quite interesting. Wonder if he'd be interested?

Once you advertise it ... never know what the tide may wash up.
            Unless Roy Williams gets canned at UNC and decides to try at D2 in PA... Grady gets it.

I would have to imagine JR would NEVER apply at Rock... even in desperation. He was verbal about his lack of interest for the school/program.

Comment

• Comment

• Hurst wins 75 - 69

Comment

• Last edited by IUPTrackMan; 02-29-2020, 08:21 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPTrackMan View Post
                    PS: it is also amazing in the IUP-UPJ game to see 7 players from PIAA District 10 on the floor at one time.
                    Playing for two schools located outside District 10. Hope KJ does better at keeping good local players.

Comment

• Interesting pair of games in the West tomorrow night.

Round 1

Gannon at Cal
                      - Split season series. Both lost at home ... with GU winning in the Angelo Dome less than 24 hours ago. Two games versus the same opponent in 72 hours is never easy.

SRU at UPJ
                      - One of the worst pairings UPJ could have got. SRU should have went 2-0 against them but went just 1-1. The Rock is a bad match-up for UPJ. The Mountain Cats got pounded last night regardless of that final 11-point margin. They were down 21 with minutes to go. The Rock's interior D suffocates much of the pick-n-roll stuff UPJ runs.

Two tough games to pick.

Comment

• Comment

• I don't think they re-seed. Isn't the winner of Cal vs GU coming here Wednesday? Automatically?

Comment

I don't think they re-seed. Isn't the winner of Cal vs GU coming here Wednesday? Automatically?
                            Yes. Hard bracket. IUP plays GU / Cal winner regardless of SRU / UPJ outcome.

Comment

• It's a tough call. A couple weeks ago I said I'd not want to play Cal again. Now ... not so sure.

The KCAC will get after Pegram hard ... and he'll take the bait. He's a hot head. Couple weeks ago Gannon played pretty ice despite a fired up crowd.

Cal has very little inside game. Gannon does. Cal just keeps chucking those treys whether they are falling or not. IUP took GU's best shot two weeks ago and still won.

If I had to pick I'd play Cal again. Quote this post if it backfires.

Tough game either way. Home court makes the difference.

Comment

• Originally posted by Golden89 View Post

Yes. Hard bracket. IUP plays GU / Cal winner regardless of SRU / UPJ outcome.
                                Mercyhurst would much rather play UPJ than SRU. UPJ had all the hype early on but they are soft. No chance they are beating Mercyhurst in the MAC. I doubt they beat SRU tomorrow.

A little (any) toughness is the only thing UPJ is missing.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X