Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think I saw this team in '19. VULCANS fall at home to WCU, 90-92. Too many close losses. Now 6-3, those three were by a total of 12 pts which is the exact same record except then the average losing margin was 7 not 4. 4/21 3pt shooting is the culprit this time. Another great game from Alston...29 pts, 13rbds and 4 blks. Four others in double figures, none named Pegram. Competitive team, might make the PO.....or not.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

UPJ is DEFINITELY not IUP, but this was a big and needed win for the Raiders. A few games back with the time of Biss's return uncertain, it looked as if Ship might exit December with 5 or even 6 losses. Now at worst it'll be 6-4 and the Raiders have a shot to gel for the Eastern Division road ahead.
      I see in the box Landis didn't play for UPJ. Did they say why not? Hurt?

Comment

• Originally posted by jrshooter View Post
        Ship just went up 20 on UPJ with six minutes left. The shooting arrived on a good day, and Biss is in the middle of it. But I didn't expect them to pass through Johnstown this easily.

I fully understand things won't be like this tomorrow.

EDIT: It's a 76-62 final, and the UPJ crew still thinks it's SELL-va rather than SLEE-va. Biss 20, Carter 17, Sleva 14 and 15 boards, Johnson 12. 46 percent shooting, 13-29 outside the arc. Kromka 16 for Cats.
        UPJ is the most (cough) entertaining broadcast in the league year after year. Just be fortunate it didn't freeze every 8 seconds.

They called West Liberty every name possible except, well, West Liberty.

West Virginia

Western Virginia

Virginia Liberty

It's a hoot tuning in to those games.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

UPJ is the most (cough) entertaining broadcast in the league year after year. Just be fortunate it didn't freeze every 8 seconds.

They called West Liberty every name possible except, well, West Liberty.

West Virginia

Western Virginia

Virginia Liberty

It's a hoot tuning in to those games.
          I got my biggest chuckle out of them comparing Shippensburg shooting 46 percent to a video game where the basket was on fire.

Comment

• Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post
            I think I saw this team in '19. VULCANS fall at home to WCU, 90-92. Too many close losses. Now 6-3, those three were by a total of 12 pts which is the exact same record except then the average losing margin was 7 not 4. 4/21 3pt shooting is the culprit this time. Another great game from Alston...29 pts, 13rbds and 4 blks. Four others in double figures, none named Pegram. Competitive team, might make the PO.....or not.
            I'd have been broke gambling on these games today. Good Lord.

Comment

I got my biggest chuckle out of them comparing Shippensburg shooting 46 percent to a video game where the basket was on fire.
              Lol

In the UPJ vs WL game they were worried WL was going to tire themselves out by pressing the whole first half.

Comment

• Seton Hill gave Millersville a pretty good run before losing by 12. Griffins are still without their 6'10" starter. This is 4 straight games.

Comment

Their halftime logo also had us spelled "Shippensburgh," a tribute to the Steel City I guess. Also enjoyed that Biss was "Mike Biss" for about the first five minutes of the game. Sleva was Sleh-va, Sell-va, and maybe another one or two variations. Also had "Carter Carlos." I don't want to be too hard on young guys, but do they even look at the game program?

Comment

Seton Hill gave Millersville a pretty good run before losing by 12. Griffins are still without their 6'10" starter. This is 4 straight games.
                    Between injuries and the new virus surge, we'll all be lucky if our teams aren't missing key players at one point or another. Several Division I basketball and NFL football games already canceled this weekend.

Comment

Between injuries and the new virus surge, we'll all be lucky if our teams aren't missing key players at one point or another. Several Division I basketball and NFL football games already canceled this weekend.
                      Yeah ... trying to pretend it isn't real but I'm just waiting for the virus cancelations to start. Matter of time.

Comment

• Hit me up if any of you Ship guys come tomorrow. I'll buy you a beer before the game.

Comment

Hit me up if any of you Ship guys come tomorrow. I'll buy you a beer before the game.
                          I do so wish I could, for many reasons. That venue is as close to mid-major as anything in the conference. It feels like an event.

Comment

• Comment

Hit me up if any of you Ship guys come tomorrow. I'll buy you a beer before the game.
                              I'd like to get up and see that place sometime, but won't be this weekend. Same applies if you get down in our neck of the woods.

Comment

I'd like to get up and see that place sometime, but won't be this weekend. Same applies if you get down in our neck of the woods.
                                East hosts the finals. Let's hope for the rain check.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X