Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sec10-A-14 View Post

No, your not missing a thing all the private school bashers are out in force. If it was at public school it would have been " a mostly
    peaceful demonstration " but bec it was at Gannon its a J6 offense.
    So you’re making this a public vs private issue. You sir are as big of a jackass as the track suits at the end of the bench. What those Gannon players did there was bush league. That was the culminating event of their year based on their actions all season. Jefferson let those “players” harass other teams all year and it escalated to that incident bc he has no control over that program.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sec10-A-14 View Post

No, your not missing a thing all the private school bashers are out in force. If it was at public school it would have been " a mostly
      peaceful demonstration " but bec it was at Gannon its a J6 offense.
      I bet you graduated from Cathedral Prep too. A lot of those backers think the same way! So dumb!

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

So you’re making this a public vs private issue. You sir are as big of a jackass as the track suits at the end of the bench. What those Gannon players did there was bush league. That was the culminating event of their year based on their actions all season. Jefferson let those “players” harass other teams all year and it escalated to that incident bc he has no control over that program.
        Yeah but those public school heathens had the gall to call a coach Baldy!

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

Yeah but those public school heathens had the gall to call a coach Baldy!
          You private school hater

Comment

I'm totally against the incident that occurred vs Boro, but you says KJ let's the bench players harass other teams as if no other teams benches say things to players. That happens in all games. There should never be physicality but talking trash is part of the game.

Comment

• Originally posted by bballfan03 View Post

I'm totally against the incident that occurred vs Boro, but you says KJ let's the bench players harass other teams as if no other teams benches say things to players. That happens in all games. There should never be physicality but talking trash is part of the game.
              Gannon is the only team that is standing when a team is running an offensive set on their bench end of the floor! It’s wrong and against the rules. They are also the only bench that counts the shot clock down trying to rush their opponents! That is also against the rules!

kJ is a loser and has no control!!’

Comment

Gannon is the only team that is standing when a team is running an offensive set on their bench end of the floor! It’s wrong and against the rules. They are also the only bench that counts the shot clock down trying to rush their opponents! That is also against the rules!

And then there’s the part where they physically contact the opposing team if we’re counting those minor nuisances.

Comment

Okay now... find where any rules state the bench can't count down the shot clock hahahaha I've seen countless teams do this in college basketball. Bench players should not be standing near the court when a team is on offense.. 100% agree there and that should be on the coaches and referees to control.. but the bench players not counting down the shot clock?? So they can't chant defense either?

Comment

Okay now... find where any rules state the bench can't count down the shot clock hahahaha I've seen countless teams do this in college basketball. Bench players should not be standing near the court when a team is on offense.. 100% agree there and that should be on the coaches and referees to control.. but the bench players not counting down the shot clock?? So they can't chant defense either?
                    Chanting defense is one thing, deceiving by false counting the shot clock is another. Fans can chant it, NOT the bench!

Comment

• Updated Men's WEST standings:

-
                      TEAM PSAC OVERALL STREAK
                      IUP 16-0 22-0 W22
                      Mercyhurst 12-3 16-3 W3
                      Pitt-Johnstown 12-3 16-5 W5
                      Slippery Rock 8-8 14-8 L1
                      Seton Hill 8-8 13-9 W1
                      California 7-9 10-12 W1
                      Edinboro 3-13 5-16 L5
                      Gannon 2-14 2-18 L2
                      Clarion 1-15 3-18 L1

Comment

Chanting defense is one thing, deceiving by false counting the shot clock is another. Fans can chant it, NOT the bench!
                        And again find the rules that state so. And again I've seen many, many college benches do it with nothing said.

I didn't play college ball. But played HS and our players ALWAYS did it end of quarters, halves, games. There'd be 10 seconds left and everyone started at 5, 4.. etc. Never once warned or anything. I'd think if it was a violation, it would definitely be enforced at the HS level.

Comment

And again find the rules that state so. And again I've seen many, many college benches do it with nothing said.

I didn't play college ball. But played HS and our players ALWAYS did it end of quarters, halves, games. There'd be 10 seconds left and everyone started at 5, 4.. etc. Never once warned or anything. I'd think if it was a violation, it would definitely be enforced at the HS level.
                          Even if it's not stated in the official rules, every sport has unwritten rules (i.e., don't bunt for a base hit in the 8th inning of a no-hitter) that dictate whether or not you're displaying good sportsmanship. So even if it's not against the rules, it's terrible sportsmanship which says a lot about the program within which it occurs. There's a fine line between gamesmanship and bad sportsmanship, but this seems like a fairly obvious violation of sportsmanship IMHO.

And, yes, if the bench is standing during an opponent's offensive set, the ref should sit them down. MEC refs do it all the time--not sure why the PSAC refs let it go on.

Comment

• Hopefully you gambling degenerates have been making some money. There are some tough ones tonight so be careful.

East Stroudsburg at Bloomsburg - This isn't one of the said tough ones. The Huskies will be overwhelmed by the Warriors' depth, speed and athleticism. The only question is how big will the margin get? Vegas says it will be pretty big. Warriors take the SOS hit and roll. ESU -19.5

Seton Hill at Clarion - Way off the radar, the Golden Eagles have been playing pretty well of late. Last week, Clarion defeated Cal, and then lost by just 10 points in Johnstown (without Gerald Jarmon). This isn't a good matchup, however, for the Tippin faithful. The Griffins won Round 1 easily. Look for them to do the same in Round 2. Clarion doesn't have the shooters to bust up the zone. Vegas says Seton Hill rolls in this one. Griffins -15.5

Mansfield at Lock Haven - The Bald Eagles got upset at Mansfield last month. They ended up losing by 12 points, but got hammered for most of the game. In the extremely tight East race, such upsets are crushing. It's payback time. Vegas says another hammering will take place, just with a role reversal. LH -14.5

Millersville at Kutztown - The Marauders are red hot. In case you haven't noticed, Millersville is on a 7-game winning streak. And, like just about everybody else, is right in the heart of the East race. The first meeting was a thriller. The Golden Bears won on the road, 89-88. A lot has changed since then. Kutztown's list of available players has kept shrinking, while the Marauders have seemingly found themselves. The Golden Bears, despite their record, are far from a pushover. They play nearly everybody fairly close. Vegas is calling for a mild upset tonight. Take the home team to win a tight one. KU -1.5

Pitt-Johnstown at Gannon - How interested will UPJ be in this game? That's the question. A trip to IUP follows in 48 hours. The Golden Knights don't lay down. But, to beat UPJ, a team has to play very disciplined for 40 minutes. Vegas says expect a close game for a half, but the Mountain Cats pull away in the final 20 minutes. UPJ -14.5

West Chester at Shippensburg - The best gambling advise on this board: Walk away from this game. In fact, run away from this game. The Raiders beat up the Rams a month ago. So, naturally, the Rams will probably win on the road. Picking these two isn't easy. Ship -1.5

IUP at Mercyhurst - The Hawks won the first meeting, 80-67. The margin won't be that big tonight -- and don't expect IUP to put up 80 again (very rare to score 80 on Mercyhurst). The Lakers are very tough at home. The one big advantage IUP has with all its Erie-area players is the Hawks get huge road crowds up there. One key item here: Mercyhurst had this past Saturday off. Gary Manchel likely has IUP scouted better for tonight than one could imagine. Mercyhurst is also due. IUP has won the past 4 meetings in the series. Vegas says ride the Hawks until they lose. IUP -2.5

Slippery Rock at California - The Vulcans got walloped in Morrow last month, 96-71. SRU was about perfect. The Rock, however, is 3-6 since that afternoon. California got Jermaine Hall back over the weekend and got back on track. It could be the match-ups, ... who knows, but SRU has been a problem to Danny Sancomb. Take the visitors to get the season sweep tonight. But, it will be way closer than the first meeting. SRU -3.5

Comment

https://abetterofficial.com/rules/10-5/

10-5 Art1-d

The team is disrespectfully addressing and baiting the other team when they count down. They are baiting them to rush shots! I've had a PSAC official tell me that is the rule but isn't always addressed.

Comment

https://abetterofficial.com/rules/10-5/

10-5 Art1-d

The team is disrespectfully addressing and baiting the other team when they count down. They are baiting them to rush shots! I've had a PSAC official tell me that is the rule but isn't always addressed.

Do you think these last few weeks are the final ride for KJ at GU?

Clarion could also open up, although I think they may give him one more year. Cleary is having another rough year at Edinboro but I don't get the sense he has much pressure to win.

The quick fix for both is sitting down at Point Park.

I don't see any other jobs opening in the West unless Rukavina retires or Danny goes back to the MEC.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X