Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: PSAC WEST

There should be plenty of good seats available but if you want to sit courtside halfcourt let me know.

Comment

Thanks. Hopefully the weather cooperates.

I get sea sick watching the Gannon live feeds ... Blair Witch flashbacks.

It stinks for both schools to play this rivalry over break. I guess that's somewhat of an advantage for IUP as it won't be as loud in there.

My last trip to the Mill was the PSAC Final in 2014. Incredible game. Awful ending for Indiana.

That was GU's last win against IUP.

Comment

Checked in on former Cal player Ramon Creighton ...

He's listed on the CCBC roster but has zero stats for the season through 13 games. Injured, perhaps?

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
          Here are the updated (men's) West standings heading in to the holiday break:

Edinboro (4-1, 7-2)

IUP (4-1, 8-4)

SRU (3-2, 9-2)

UPJ (3-2, 5-4)

Mercyhurst (2-3, 5-4)

California (2-3, 6-5)

Gannon (2-3, 6-5)

Seton Hill (1-4, 4-6)

Clarion (0-5, 3-8)
          8-4 is pretty bad for IUP isn't it?

Comment

Thanks. Hopefully the weather cooperates.

I get sea sick watching the Gannon live feeds ... Blair Witch flashbacks.

It stinks for both schools to play this rivalry over break. I guess that's somewhat of an advantage for IUP as it won't be as loud in there.

My last trip to the Mill was the PSAC Final in 2014. Incredible game. Awful ending for Indiana.

That was GU's last win against IUP.
            Weather has been awful yesterday and today. 53 inches of snow on 12/25 and 12/26 (so far). That's more inches of snow than points Gannon scores in some of its games!

It will stay cold, but roads will be much more passible later in the week.

Comment

8-4 is pretty bad for IUP isn't it?

It's not good ... that's for sure. That said, Joe took on a crazy schedule in the non-conference. The teams who beat IUP have in the range of a combined 43-4 record right now -- and IUP lost two of them in the final 30 seconds. Early on they had some injury issues (All-American Cobo Diaz didn't practice at all in camp and Dante Lombardi's knee was (is) pretty messed up). They also lost (for the season) their PG recruit to a broken shoulder the last week of camp in late October. Had they played a typical non-conference schedule of patsies like many they'd be 11-1 right now. It's a good team. Their best performance of the year was the last game (win over Fairmont State). Several teams in the West played embarrassing non-conference schedules. Those teams can't hide any longer now. IUP is fine. This isn't a national title game team but they will be a real tough out in the PSAC and a scary team to play in March. Health issues really killed them in November.

Comment

Weather has been awful yesterday and today. 53 inches of snow on 12/25 and 12/26 (so far). That's more inches of snow than points Gannon scores in some of its games!

It will stay cold, but roads will be much more passible later in the week.

I saw on the news ... Wow ... you guys got slammed.

Comment

As West play begins this Saturday, ... PSAC West (conference only) records -- including this year and dating back to 2013-14 (conference tournament wins/losses not included):

IUP: 72-15
                  Mercyhurst: 56-31
                  Gannon: 54-33
                  Slippery Rock: 47-40
                  UPJ: 43-43
                  Edinboro: 38-49
                  Seton Hill: 33-54
                  California: 28-59
                  Clarion: 24-63

Comment

Do you guys think the IUP at Gannon game gets postponed due to the great Erie blizzard?

Comment

Do you guys think the IUP at Gannon game gets postponed due to the great Erie blizzard?

Comment

I was wondering if it's even safe to send the team up there ... and back home after the game.

Stay safe up there in the great north.

Comment

Sort of PASSHE question. Attending Clarion graduation heard "old heads" say Tippen would essentially be "gutted" and not tore down. I imagine a "horseshoe" type seating structure with the head of the horshoe were the current banners hang opposite the press box. A smart workaround from knowing they will not probably be able to field a KCAC type convocation center. My question is this an attempt and will it help keep them afloat? Any updates to the schools most likely to be left in dire straits besides the well documented Chaney situation.

Comment

Clarion hired a Pittsburgh architecture firm several years back to design some renovation design concepts for Tippen. The notion was definitely a renovation and not a tear down/new construction.

I saw the plans. There were several versions. The entire front entrance would be completely redone in each option. The bleachers would be eliminated and replaced with seats.

None of the options are going to be cheap. That's a major problem. In a building that old ... There will no doubt be many hidden expenses once the demolition starts ... asbestos remediation, etc.

Tippen is kind of neat in a way. It's a relic but that's the charm of it. To young kids ... not very attractive.

I've been to many games in there but never got to experience one with a big crowd. Even small crowds can get real loud with those low ceilings. It would be deafening in there with a large crowd. It's also always 110 degrees in there ... Even in January.

Ultimately I think Clarion put the project on the back-burner for the time-being. They aren't in real good financial shape.

It's been proven you can win there in basketball. Righter had some real, real good teams there ... not all that long ago.

I'm not real impressed with Williams. I was actually surprised they brought him back this year. They are regressing.

Comment

The game will not be canceled. The highways will all be clear! The city roads are rough but that won't effect IUP's trip here!

Comment

The state is paying 100% for the Tippin renovation. Clarion made a deal to forgo several other projects to get the money on Tippin. Clarion's facilities page says that construction was to begin in Spring 2017. I wonder if the delays are due to the state budget issues.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X