Millersville 70 Bloomsburg 60

UPJ 88 Kutztown 77

Mercyhurst 81 Edinboro 48

ESU 108 Shippensburg 78
      Hurst and ESU are forces.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

We got three dogs chasing the same bone this year.

IUP, ESU and Mercyhurst are all stacked.

Comment

• Don't overlook Lock Haven...

Comment

• SRU really struggled with Gannon last night but opened up the margin in the last 4 minutes. It was closer than final score. I’ve seen SRU twice and Britt is a combined 1-18 from the floor.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPTrackMan View Post
              SRU really struggled with Gannon last night but opened up the margin in the last 4 minutes. It was closer than final score. I’ve seen SRU twice and Britt is a combined 1-18 from the floor.
              There were some pieces Grady was counting on that didn't return.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

Hurst was dominant last night. It seemed like Mercyhurst's plan clearly was executed perfectly. At the half I checked the stats because it felt like they shot 70% from the field.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPTrackMan View Post
                  SRU really struggled with Gannon last night but opened up the margin in the last 4 minutes. It was closer than final score. I’ve seen SRU twice and Britt is a combined 1-18 from the floor.
                  Like I said last week GU isn't an easy out (despite the perhaps perceived view of an 0-10 team). They battle. Jefferson's teams are scrappy. If they get healthy they'll win some games.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

Hurst was dominant last night. It seemed like Mercyhurst's plan clearly was executed perfectly. At the half I checked the stats because it felt like they shot 70% from the field.
                    When they start hot like that ... very difficult to beat. It's so hard to make a comeback against that defense. They feed off it.

The year they knocked IUP out of the NCAAs it was the same thing. They came out on fire and IUP couldn't hit the side of a barn.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

When they start hot like that ... very difficult to beat. It's so hard to make a comeback against that defense. They feed off it.

The year they knocked IUP out of the NCAAs it was the same thing. They came out on fire and IUP couldn't hit the side of a barn.
                      That's a great way of describing it. The stats alone don't tell the whole story - they had to have at least 30 points off of turnovers. Boro had been doing alright with forcing teams to shoot outside the arc but it seemed to hurt them.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

That's a great way of describing it. The stats alone don't tell the whole story - they had to have at least 30 points off of turnovers. Boro had been doing alright with forcing teams to shoot outside the arc but it seemed to hurt them.
                        Mercyhurst, when it starts hot, really gets inside the other teams' head. Not only is their defense so strong, odd and difficult, they rebound exceptionally well. A lot of times you aren't getting a second shot if you miss. So, then it feels like the rim is shrinking.

Almost everybody talks about their defense, but when Gary has really strong teams, they rebound tough and can really shoot from outside. They very well may win in Indiana on Saturday. It's going to be a dog fight (as usual).

Comment

Mercyhurst, when it starts hot, really gets inside the other teams' head. Not only is their defense so strong, odd and difficult, they rebound exceptionally well. A lot of times you aren't getting a second shot if you miss. So, then it feels like the rim is shrinking.

Almost everybody talks about their defense, but when Gary has really strong teams, they rebound tough and can really shoot from outside. They very well may win in Indiana on Saturday. It's going to be a dog fight (as usual).
                          Agreed. Everyone talks about the defense, but they don't turn the ball over and they shoot it really well from 3. Those are two areas they've been really strong in during this stretch the last 4-5 years where they've been incredibly successful. I just think IUP has too much, I don't see how Mercyhurst will be able to contend with the size of Tomiwa and Porterfield. IUP has so much quickness too that those 3's won't be as open as they are against other teams. Should be a good game, but I don't see how Mercyhurst gets it done on the road.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPHawks24 View Post

Agreed. Everyone talks about the defense, but they don't turn the ball over and they shoot it really well from 3. Those are two areas they've been really strong in during this stretch the last 4-5 years where they've been incredibly successful. I just think IUP has too much, I don't see how Mercyhurst will be able to contend with the size of Tomiwa and Porterfield. IUP has so much quickness too that those 3's won't be as open as they are against other teams. Should be a good game, but I don't see how Mercyhurst gets it done on the road.
                            Agree. I expect IUP to win by double digits in a lower scoring game.

Comment

Like I said last week GU isn't an easy out (despite the perhaps perceived view of an 0-10 team). They battle. Jefferson's teams are scrappy. If they get healthy they'll win some games.
                              Gannon also has Zach Kent back, hopefully for good this time. He had 18 points in his third game in a GU uniform. But now Chris Clancy is hurt and did not play last night.

Agree that GU isn't your average 0-10 team, but you are what your record says you are.

Comment

• Updated MEN'S standings / PSAC West

----
                                TEAM PSAC OVERALL STREAK
                                IUP 6-0 12-0 W12
                                Mercyhurst 5-1 9-1 W7
                                Pitt-Johnstown 5-1 9-3 W4
                                Slippery Rock 4-2 10-2 W1
                                California 2-4 5-7 W1
                                Edinboro 2-4 4-7 L1
                                Seton Hill 1-5 6-6 L3
                                Clarion 0-6 2-9 L7