Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT: Pitt

Pitt down about 25 at half to Penn State. PSU looks like an NBA team compared to Pitt. Yes, PSU.

That was the worst half in the history of Pitt Basketball. I can't imagine how they could win a single ACC game this year. I'm not sure they'd win the PSAC.

Re: OT: Pitt

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    Pitt down about 25 at half to Penn State. PSU looks like an NBA team compared to Pitt. Yes, PSU.

That was the worst half in the history of Pitt Basketball. I can't imagine how they could win a single ACC game this year. I'm not sure they'd win the PSAC.
    Perspective: Pitt football almost lost to Youngstown State. Pitt is, at best, a MAC team, although, with the way Stallings is running that program into the ground, Pitt-Oakland might have a problem competing in the Atlantic 10 Conference, let alone the Atlantic Coast Conference.
    Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

Losing by 31 to Penn State ... good way to get a warm seat a little warmer.

Comment

Losing by 31 to Penn State ... good way to get a warm seat a little warmer.
        I get that this is more than a rebuild, it's a blow the whole thing up and start over. Even so, it seems it would difficult to put together a division 1 power 5 conference team that's this bad, especially for a program that not that long ago was a perennial top 10-15 team. This team might not win 5 games and yeah an 0-fer in ACC play seems all but certain.

Comment

Things got worse ... Ryan Luther is now out with a foot injury. Two more easy ones and then the ACC massacre begins.

Comment

Time to fire Baldo Stallings and this time actually do the coaching search the correct way. They should have tried to land Andy Enfield last time out.

Joe Lombardi would be a great hire in my eyes for Pitt. I'd be on board with that. It would be a vast improvement.

-

Comment

I'm not ready to fire Stallings. Take another 2 year step back, and hope you get the right hire...

How do we know Stallings is the wrong guy after 1 1/3 seasons?

He ultimately may not be right, but how can you tell--he had Dixon's players last year, who were just looking out for themselves..and this year he has a team full of newcomers...who may or may not pan out...

And to quote a Pitt blogger...If you fire Stallings after 1 1/3 seasons, do you think the next coach coming in, will be super excited about them firing a coach 18 months into his tenure...they will attract less than what you think...

Comment

Pitt started five true freshmen last night.

If anything Stallings' tirade is getting a lot of national buzz.

Comment

Pitt started five true freshmen last night.

If anything Stallings' tirade is getting a lot of national buzz.
                  But did he pay $100,000 for any of them? Those are the kind of players he needs. Are there no ultra-rich and ethically challenged Pitt alums out there?

-

Comment

Originally posted by IUP CRIMSON HAWKS View Post
                    But did he pay $100,000 for any of them? Those are the kind of players he needs. Are there no ultra-rich and ethically challenged Pitt alums out there?

-

Comment

Certainly much more worthwhile to be honest.

Comment

Next year 5 freshmen will be 5 sophomores.

I've learned in being a Pitt fan ... optimism, even if delusional, is the way of life.

I like what Stallings did last night. His players did, too. Sometimes the oddest things can change perception.

Guy reminds me of Norman Dale when he first got to Hickory. The whole town hated him as soon as he pulled in. Now, Stallings just needs to find about 3-4 versions of Jimmy Chitwood.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Next year 5 freshmen will be 5 sophomores.

I've learned in being a Pitt fan ... optimism, even if delusional, is the way of life.

I like what Stallings did last night. His players did, too. Sometimes the oddest things can change perception.

Guy reminds me of Norman Dale when he first got to Hickory. The whole town hated him as soon as he pulled in. Now, Stallings just needs to find about 3-4 versions of Jimmy Chitwood.
                              Do you think that Jimmy Chitwood could play in the ACC? I guess for the purpose of the film he was a Jerry West-type. He probably could've played anywhere so long as it was 1950s ball. LOL.

But Hoosiers was a great film. What were some of the great basketball movies over the years? I really liked Blue Chips a lot. But no way does Nolte grow a conscience like that at the end and do what he did. Granted I think he was a good man, but no one is going to look a gift horse in the mouth like that. Especially when everyone else under the sun is doing the same exact thing.

-

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X