Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Virginia State WBB

I need some clarification, but Virginia State women's basketball is currently 14-0 and are no where in the rankings. Please explain.........

Re: Virginia State WBB

In all honesty the rankings now don't mean a thing. Window dressing. The first regional ranking is the one that counts.

Comment

The next 3 games against JCSU, VUU and Chowan girls should get them in the rankings if they can will all three. Like IUP said, only the regional rankings matter and right now I think they are 6th in the D2SIDA rankings if I'm not mistaken. Big game against VUU girls next Sat.

Comment

http://goskyhawks.com/news/2018/1/2/...ball-poll.aspx

Comment

Originally posted by gsutiger2002 View Post
          I need some clarification, but Virginia State women's basketball is currently 14-0 and are no where in the rankings. Please explain.........
          Rightly or wrongly, either reputation or the previous season's results can play a factor in early season polls. Although, if VSU beats VSU during the course of the season, then the Lady Trojans should get some respect in the national rankings. That said, however, I agree with "IUP" in that the regional rankings are really the only rankings that should matter in the overall scheme of things.
          Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

Also consider that there are so many teams playing so often that,unless your reputation speaks for itself, you may be lost in the background noise. Consider CEDARVILLE from Ohio Their 10-3 record has gotten some votes . If you look closely they have come the closest of any D2 team in the last 52 games of beating ASHLAND losing 78-79 to a team that averages 100-60 against most teams. And in their usual exhibition vs D1, they BEAT PENN STATE in State College 59-53 ! Keep winning and the rankings will be sorted out by the playoffs. The CALU VULCANS NC WBB team in '15 was ranked #14 at the start of the playoff season. Results are all that matters.

Comment

The schedule does matter. Who have VSU Lady Trojans played so far? Can we say Mansfield was there toughest opponent so far? Please. IF they beat go 16-0 meaning they beat VUU then they will be in top 25 in the low 20s.

And yes I'm a realistic VSU fan/alum who does not think they will beat VUU. I will definitely be at the game on Sunday cheering them on.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
                In all honesty the rankings now don't mean a thing. Window dressing. The first regional ranking is the one that counts.
                Agree ... national rankings are a beauty contest. Regional rankings decide your NCAA bid / seed / hosting fate.

Which reminds me ... there used to be a "Key Performance Indicators" posted on this site weekly. Whatever happened to them?

Comment

The game is Saturday at 2:00 pm at Barco Stevens. The men's game is Sunday. I can agree the the lady Trojans haven't played a daunting schedule as of yet but conference play will give them a good test. I have watched VSU and VUU girls play this year and I can tell you that they can beat VUU. Be sure to be there Saturday in Richmond if you can make it. I will be at both games.

Comment

Originally posted by kjb0615 View Post
                    The game is Saturday at 2:00 pm at Barco Stevens. The men's game is Sunday. I can agree the the lady Trojans haven't played a daunting schedule as of yet but conference play will give them a good test. I have watched VSU and VUU girls play this year and I can tell you that they can beat VUU. Be sure to be there Saturday in Richmond if you can make it. I will be at both games.
                    I thought they were both on Sunday. I guess I will be there too. If I could go to one game I would go to the WBB. But I'm going to both. :)

Comment

VSU was up big early but then VUU woke up in the second half. VUU tends to start off slow at times. They are a good team. I thought when that Mich. St. transfer left it would be back to the cellar of the CIAA but they are still rolling. Good for them. I expect VUU to get back to the final four

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X