Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ship's Justin McCarthur

Saw one of the most stunning shooting nights I've ever witnessed on Wednesday night. Shippensburg's Justin McCarthur scored 36 points as the Raiders blew out visiting East Stroudsburg 89-64.

McCarthur was 11-for-12 from the field -- including a PSAC-record 9-for-9 from 3-point range. He was 5-for-5 from the line and added three assists. I don't know if the guy touched iron more than twice all night.

Re: Ship's Justin McCarthur

Use it up now! hahaha AWESOME!!!

Comment

Originally posted by IUPalum View Post
      Use it up now! hahaha AWESOME!!!
      LOL. Really.

But that's three games in 10 days where you would think they'd have to bring their A game -- West Chester, then Kutztown, now East Strouds. All three games, they basically ended it in about 12 minutes.

Comment

Laugh all you want, Shippensburg is very good, and will be a tough out for anyone come March. Keep in mind they lost by 11 AT ESU, but the basket looked 3 feet wide for them last night. They average 11 3's a game, so they can pile up the points quickly. Sleva is a fantastic player as well. One thing that irked me was them trying an alley oop slam (which they missed) when the game was well out of hand. It looked classless, and I hope they get that out of their system, because they are a very talented team, and don't need to show anyone up...

Comment

Originally posted by WarriorVoice View Post
          Laugh all you want, Shippensburg is very good, and will be a tough out for anyone come March. Keep in mind they lost by 11 AT ESU, but the basket looked 3 feet wide for them last night. They average 11 3's a game, so they can pile up the points quickly. Sleva is a fantastic player as well. One thing that irked me was them trying an alley oop slam (which they missed) when the game was well out of hand. It looked classless, and I hope they get that out of their system, because they are a very talented team, and don't need to show anyone up...
          I hear that, and it kind of irked me, too. Funny thing ... Saturday afternoon at home, they put on a dunk show in warmups, then didn't try anything close to that against Kutztown despite having loads of opportunities.

Comment

Said it in October ... PSAC is theirs to lose. When they are on from outside .... and you still have Sleva inside ... forget about it.

Dunks are part of the game. I see no issues with it.

Comment

You're right, dunks are part of the game. An Alley Oop when you are up 35 is rubbing it in.

Comment

You guys were shooting treys against Clarion up almost 45 ... how is that any different?

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
                  You guys were shooting treys against Clarion up almost 45 ... how is that any different?
                  ESU shouldn't have done that IMO...

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X