Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seton Hill

Announced head coach Tony Morocco is retiring after today's game.

Re: Seton Hill

No biggie

Comment

Could this opening interest any sitting PSAC head coaches?

Comment

That would be the ideal landing spot for Lombardi. He wouldn't be restricted by all of IUP's academic & character restrictions. He could really go crazy! Scary how good that could become overnight?

Comment

I'd try and lure John Sanow out of Bloomsburg. He has a lot of ties to western PA.

As for Lombardi ... my guess is he probably isn't a big fan of the place after all his terrible history there lately. Lol.

I also think Kevin Reynolds would be a very interesting hire at SH.

My guess is the Clarion job opens very soon, too.

Comment

Some IUP posters take the bait, Big Indians is a savy messageboard dawg......

Williams literally makes $52,916 at Clarion, a little more than a building is required to change that program's thinking

Comment

He seemed like he got off to a good start there and had some nice players ... BJ Andrews and others. But it went downhill pretty fast.

Personally I think SH is an attractive job. Nice school. Nice campus. The football team is bad so you could be top dog. They should get some good candidates. The cupboard isn't bare, either.

Comment

The school's commitment is easy to spot, look at the Boro VB coach, comparing her pay to the hoops coach, he's the 10th highest paid MBB coach in the league, while she is the 3rd highest paid VB coach in the league. Clarion's men's & women's BB coaches combined make $50,946 less than Lombardi. And Bloom's VB coach & D1 wrestling coach, combined, make $6,216 less than Torts. Yes, Swank & Flynn also get a ton. but they also win at a different level. This all really isn't that hard to figure out?

Comment

Originally posted by VoiceOfReason View Post
                  The school's commitment is easy to spot, look at the Boro VB coach, comparing her pay to the hoops coach, he's the 10th highest paid MBB coach in the league, while she is the 3rd highest paid VB coach in the league. Clarion's men's & women's BB coaches combined make $50,946 less than Lombardi. And Bloom's VB coach & D1 wrestling coach, combined, make $6,216 less than Torts. Yes, Swank & Flynn also get a ton. but they also win at a different level. This all really isn't that hard to figure out?
                  In the case of Stan Swank of Boro WBB---he has been there in that job since 1987. The annual pay increments alone would have to add up. But he is a tremendous coach who does a great job there.

-

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
                    I'd try and lure John Sanow out of Bloomsburg. He has a lot of ties to western PA.

As for Lombardi ... my guess is he probably isn't a big fan of the place after all his terrible history there lately. Lol.

Can't recall 1 recruit from western Pa that Sanow brought to Bloom.

Comment

Originally posted by VoiceOfReason View Post
                      That would be the ideal landing spot for Lombardi. He wouldn't be restricted by all of IUP's academic & character restrictions. He could really go crazy! Scary how good that could become overnight?
                      hahahahaha

Comment

Are you thinking of the head coach at Shippensburg? He's a WPIAL guy.

Comment

No. Fite would never take the SH job. I think most assume where his next job will be. I'd probably go as far to call him the IUP 'coach in waiting' unless a small D1 would swipe him up first.

Sanow is an IUP grad and also coached at St. Francis for a long time. I've always been impressed with him.

I'm not saying there's any interest. I just said if I was Seton Hill ... he'd certainly be a guy I'd target.

Comment

No. Fite would never take the SH job. I think most assume where his next job will be. I'd probably go as far to call him the IUP 'coach in waiting' unless a small D1 would swipe him up first.

Sanow is an IUP grad and also coached at St. Francis for a long time. I've always been impressed with him.

I'm not saying there's any interest. I just said if I was Seton Hill ... he'd certainly be a guy I'd target.
                            Sanow is from Somerset County and started his playing days at Clarion. He has also coached at Gannon University and Pitt-Johnstown.

Comment

Any names floating to replace Tark the Shark?

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X