Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elite 8

Re: Elite 8

No one is giving the scouting report! Go ESU!!!

Comment

I have a feeling that the NSU coaches have a better scouting report than this.
      ESU is very well coached. Offensively they look to run, pass over the top, and have runners releasing on both sidelines with every possession. The need to be slowed in their back court or it will be a tough day. They have shooters and 20 has plenty of range. However they are patient and probably what they do better than almost all other teams is time the post entry pass. It is a far more coordinated piece than you will see from most teams. This allows their posts to catch the ball whille the defender is still setting up or in a bad defensive position. Harris can score with his right or left with a jump hook, but his range is limited and he is a back to the basket player. They have plenty of others who can attack while facing the basket. Defensively they will pressure from the first whistle. They will also pressure in non-typical/unpredictable times. You cannot in-bound to the corners as they will trap aggressively. They pressure the ball from behind effectively speeding up the game. They challenge every shot around the basket, and have the length and depth on the bench to do this all game. They play 10 guys, I think, and there is not a huge drop off in talent and no difference in athleticism or cohesiveness, especially defensively.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPalum View Post
        No one is giving the scouting report! Go ESU!!!
        With GameTapeExchange, no coach is coming on here for a report, haha

Comment

If he does ... he wouldn't be in the E8. Lol.

Comment

Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post
            With GameTapeExchange, no coach is coming on here for a report, haha
            Oh I know, I was just joking.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPalum View Post
              Oh I know, I was just joking.
              I figured so. Very curious on this matchup. I hear that you guys press a lot, which in times has given us trouble however, not many have been able to handle the play of our rotating big men. I'm am assuming njow that we have had a week everyone will be healthy and over that flu bug that was spreading around. We are fortunate that we made it through the regional with that. I don't know how many will make the trip from so far away, but it will certainly be an advantage for the Wolves to be fairly close to home. Sounds like fan and student buses are already filled up and with a large alumni base in Sioux Falls and the game being the late one, it should be a very fun atmosphere. Certainly and advantage to the Wolves but crowds don't decide the games.

Comment

Wow ... talk about a home court advantage ! That place is packed.

ESU is playing a road game ... no doubt about it.

Comment

ESU not getting looks at open 3's against the taller wolves.

Comment

The three ball looks completely removed. Northern's guards are big and they aren't giving up the deep look. That said getting to the half was big. That place is pretty electric. Just down 6 with the way ESU can create turnovers ... they're certainly still in this game. ESU seems to always play much better in the second half as they tire out the opponent. They'll calm down some at the half and those shots will start falling.

I know they only play Harris about 25 mpg but they gotta keep him in there when at all possible. Northern has some big boys down there.

Comment

So who won?

Comment

Northern. I think the final was 79-71.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
                          Northern. I think the final was 79-71.
                          Harris dominated the post, scoring 28 and both Northern bigs fouled out...ESU couldn't get the 3 point-shot to all and paid the price...A great run by the Warriors, though...They should be very proud of the season they put together.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X