Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sancomb Out At Wheeling Jesuit

Not much information right now, but Sancomb is out at WJU.

Re: Sancomb Out At Wheeling Jesuit

Pretty big deal there.

Comment

Originally posted by boatcapt View Post
      Pretty big deal there.
      Yup.

Nothing confirmed yet, but it seems he was fired (which makes it even more shocking) and *maybe* had something to do with Sancomb's salary.

Comment

Originally posted by ssidiver View Post
        Yup.

Nothing confirmed yet, but it seems he was fired (which makes it even more shocking) and *maybe* had something to do with Sancomb's salary.
        Last edited by Columbuseer; 05-07-2018, 08:47 PM. Reason: Factual error

Comment

Wow

Comment

Originally posted by ssidiver View Post
            Yup.

What does this mean?

Comment

Teams will have a bidding war for Preston Boswell if he leaves.

Comment

isn't Indiana High All-Stater Carlos Carter slated to go to WJU? If so, I wonder if this throws a crimp in those plans?

-

Comment

Originally posted by IUP CRIMSON HAWKS View Post
                  isn't Indiana High All-Stater Carlos Carter slated to go to WJU? If so, I wonder if this throws a crimp in those plans?

-
                  Correct. I suspect he bails. He had offers out the you know what.

Comment

Jesuit fans, former players, and alums are pissed on twitter

Comment

Why is the school putting out a statement that they will honor all player scholarships after firing the coach?

Didn't their women's coach just leave?

Comment

Originally posted by JDonAB92 View Post
                        Why is the school putting out a statement that they will honor all player scholarships after firing the coach?

Didn't their women's coach just leave?

Scholarships are one-year deals. I read that to mean for perhaps all the incoming players signed to LOI's.

By all reports this was a tremendously unpopular move by WJ. They are going to see a mass exodus out of the program -- likely starting today.

I would assume Cal's Kent McBride takes a heavy interest in this job. He hasn't done too well at Cal but had success in the MEC.

Comment

Two Questions: Would Kevin Reynolds be interested?

Would WJ entertain Reynolds?

This move defies logic...Sancomb fired is More surprising than Crutch leaving WL.... Getting Fired as a STUD coach? Something is fishy...

Hard to believe it was a money motivated move, after WJ has committed to having football--presumable WJ understands the expenses that it takes to have quality programs? And what would you save by hiring a lesser experienced coach, $30K?

Just odd, odd fire here..

Comment

I read he's already lawyered up. There's definitely a big part of this not made public yet. This is really late in the year to do this, too.

I don't know. It's going to be an interesting job now. Candidates might say ... if they fired that guy after just winning the MEC and having one of the top programs in the region ...

I couldn't see Reynolds applying. I was shocked he didn't apply for the Cal job two years ago. Slippery Rock is a good fit for him. His antics wouldn't fly everywhere.

Comment

Originally posted by IUP Extra Mile View Post
                              Two Questions: Would Kevin Reynolds be interested?

Would WJ entertain Reynolds?

This move defies logic...Sancomb fired is More surprising than Crutch leaving WL.... Getting Fired as a STUD coach? Something is fishy...

Hard to believe it was a money motivated move, after WJ has committed to having football--presumable WJ understands the expenses that it takes to have quality programs? And what would you save by hiring a lesser experienced coach, $30K?

Just odd, odd fire here..
                              Putting Reynolds in there to replace Sancomb is like Duke firing K and replacing him with Bruce Pearl. Danny ran a solid program on and off the court. It is well known that he graduated players on time for those that stayed. I don't know if JUCO U really fits Wheeling Jesuit too well.

If he was terminated because of salary issues, then that has to deter a lot of coaches. I wouldn't really want to go in there and follow Sancomb. Their women's coach just left as well for another D2 job that has had less than stellar results over the years. There are rumors out there that they asked coaches to take pay cuts due to the cost of starting up football.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X