Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PSAC Women's Basketball (18-19)

This should be another good year.

Any attempts to pick the West? Edinboro, Cal and IUP are pretty deep. Seton Hill will make some noise this year. It's going to be a battle.

Re: PSAC Women's Basketball (18-19)

The East will be interesting, though almost definitely not as strong as the West. WCU is losing a lot, but will still be in the mix. ESU is dealing with the graduation of Imani Brown, though they keep everyone else. I think this will be a learning year, and next year is the year for true contention. Bloomsburg and Kutztown are interesting options that return all their key pieces, and Shippensburg should at least return to the playoffs on the back of Ariel Jones. Bloom is my sleeper pick to take the division after coming on strong late last year.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
      This should be another good year.

Any attempts to pick the West? Edinboro, Cal and IUP are pretty deep. Seton Hill will make some noise this year. It's going to be a battle.
      I agree with you. Edinboro has a new coach, right? Of course they were always tough under Stan Swank. Iup and Cal should be fighting for a top spot. Seton Hill gives Cal fits - especially deadly in their gym. They are well-coached.

Comment

Originally posted by Feedoggie View Post
        I agree with you. Edinboro has a new coach, right? Of course they were always tough under Stan Swank. Iup and Cal should be fighting for a top spot. Seton Hill gives Cal fits - especially deadly in their gym. They are well-coached.
        Have absolutely no basis to support this but I have a feeling that VULCAN WBB could be special this year. A lot of experience, especially with SEAIRRA BARRETT back, and seven freshman of whom at least one, SHAUNA HARRISON, has the experience at a high level to start this year. Settling on a point guard between ABBEY SPORIO and BIANCA JASPER will be the other big decision, probably favors AS as a senior. 25 days until exhibition versus @GoBearcatsWBB in Cincy.

Comment

I'm not overly sure what to expect out of IUP this year.

They have a lot back -- but also a lot of new faces and many more stepping in to larger roles.

The core returning is Carolyn Appleby, Lauren Wolosik, Maura D'Anna and Brittany Robinson -- three starters and D'Anna played heavy minutes a year ago.

The 'next up' group includes Madison Kerr and Courtney Alexander -- both redshirt sophomore guards. Alexander is my pick as IUP's next breakout player. Lexi Griggs (Jr.) and Kendall Hunter (Sr.) will also step in to larger roles.

G/F Natalie Myers, the Youngstown State import, will also factor in the rotation. Senior Ana Hollen will back up Appleby at PG.

On paper, Tom landed a tremendous, highly-decorated freshmen class. I'd assume three of them redshirt but possibly all four.

Tom now has this built where he's more in 'reload' than 'rebuild' mode.

Comment

Division II Bulletin Preseason Top 25

4. IUP
            13. Edinboro

Comment

PSAC Preseason Coaches Poll

PSAC East
              1 Kutztown (5)
              2 ESU (2)
              3 West Chester
              4 Bloomsburg (1)
              5 Millersville
              6 Shippensburg
              7 Lock Haven
              8 Mansfield

PSAC West
              1 Edinboro (5)
              2 IUP (4)
              3 California
              4 Slippery Rock
              5 Gannon
              6 Seton Hill
              7 Mercyhurst
              8 Pitt-Johnstown
              9 Clarion

Comment

Originally posted by EastStroud13 View Post
                PSAC Preseason Coaches Poll

PSAC East
                1 Kutztown (5)
                2 ESU (2)
                3 West Chester
                4 Bloomsburg (1)
                5 Millersville
                6 Shippensburg
                7 Lock Haven
                8 Mansfield

PSAC West
                1 Edinboro (5)
                2 IUP (4)
                3 California
                4 Slippery Rock
                5 Gannon
                6 Seton Hill
                7 Mercyhurst
                8 Pitt-Johnstown
                9 Clarion

Thanks for posting. I can't comment on the East but the West Big 3 is going to be a war this year. Seton Hill, my opinion, is picked way too low. I'd have put the Griffins fourth. UPJ could be the big sleeper of the 9 West teams.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
                  Thanks for posting. I can't comment on the East but the West Big 3 is going to be a war this year. Seton Hill, my opinion, is picked way too low. I'd have put the Griffins fourth. UPJ could be the big sleeper of the 9 West teams.
                  The East goes through these cycles of senior laden teams. Last year it was West Chester, two years ago it was Shippensburg. Bloomsburg has everyone back, so they might be the sleeper there.

Rock has everyone returning. Why so high on Seton Hill?

Comment

Originally posted by Horror Child View Post
                    The East goes through these cycles of senior laden teams. Last year it was West Chester, two years ago it was Shippensburg. Bloomsburg has everyone back, so they might be the sleeper there.

Rock has everyone returning. Why so high on Seton Hill?

Seton Hill has perhaps the league's best young player in sophomore Cheyenne Trest (PSAC Freshman of the Year last season). They added some nice size and Mark Katarski is a really good coach. Trest was a huge land for them. I know several more high-profile programs in the PSAC went after her coming out of high school.

Rock has everybody back but that's not like saying a Cal has everybody back. Talent-wise they were a step behind last season. SRU played very undisciplined last year. Maybe that will have changed with a year in the system.

Comment

Half

Ohio State 31
                      IUP 26

Comment

Final was 72-50.

IUP played well minus the third quarter.

Appleby had a huge game.

Comment

Awesome!!!

Comment

The new player, Myers (YSU tansfer), started and went for 11 and 7.

Comment

4 WEST division teams taking on D1 opponents in WBB. IUP played a nice game @ OHIO STATE, winning the second qtr, before falling 50-72 to the BUCKEYES. GANNON at PITT tonight. CLARION at MARYLAND on Friday evening. VULCANS at CINCINNATI on Saturday evening. I always feel if a team can keep the final score within 30 pts, as the C'HAWKS did, these games can be a fun learning experience for D2 players. Sort of surprised that BORO chose a CIAA based tournament to start the season but COACH WHEELER has her own agenda.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X