Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: OT: D1

Originally posted by Golden89 View Post
    That was my thought as well. A 10-15 record for a fan base used to winning will do that for you.
    Rumors swirling that Huggins is set to retire at WVU.

-

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
      Cheapest seat on market for North Carolina vs Duke tomorrow is $2,500
      Better not give the KCAC any ideas here!

-

Comment

Zion ...

Finish the season or shut it down ?

Many NBA players are suggesting he shuts it down. Can't say I totally disagree. It's a farce he's even at Duke for a year. He doesn't need to play another second in college and will be the No. 1 pick. Blow out a now-fragile knee ...

Comment

Zion ...

Many NBA players are suggesting he shuts it down. Can't say I totally disagree. It's a farce he's even at Duke for a year. He doesn't need to play another second in college and will be the No. 1 pick. Blow out a now-fragile knee ...
          Definitely shut it down. Non contact knee injuries rarely wind up this minor. He dodged a bullet, no need to tempt fate.

Comment

Zion ...

It's because the NBA won't let him play is the reason that he's at Duke.

I disagree with the whole Shut it Down thing. Is he supposed to not play basketball until after the June draft? He suffered a mild injury. The thing that made it "big" was that it happened in the first minute of the most-watched game of the year and there was uncertainty as to its severity until the following day. Reddish and Barrett are also supposed to be in the top four. Should they also shut it down? There is more notoriety to be gained, leading to future earnings potential by this crew sticking together to win a national championship.

Why were there no calls for Ayton and Barrett (last year's 1-2 in the draft) to shut it down last year?

I can see football players playing in meaningless bowl games "shutting it down" for the bowl game. But haven't seen a player going to the CFP refusing to play.

Comment

I disagree with the whole Shut it Down thing. Is he supposed to not play basketball until after the June draft? He suffered a mild injury. The thing that made it "big" was that it happened in the first minute of the most-watched game of the year and there was uncertainty as to its severity until the following day. Reddish and Barrett are also supposed to be in the top four. Should they also shut it down? There is more notoriety to be gained, leading to future earnings potential by this crew sticking together to win a national championship.

Why were there no calls for Ayton and Barrett (last year's 1-2 in the draft) to shut it down last year?

I can see football players playing in meaningless bowl games "shutting it down" for the bowl game. But haven't seen a player going to the CFP refusing to play.
              Tough call. Not our money at stake, I suppose.

I see both sides.

It wasn't a good night for Nike.

The NBA players are saying he can't improve his stick anymore. He's No. 1 right now. Why risk it.

Comment

• The hilarious thing is that people are making this all about that shoe ripping as though that caused the injury. It was the opposite leg that was injured.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm with you. Play for goodness sake and try and win the national championship. You can get hurt crossing the street or choke to death feeding your overstuffed face. You can't be afraid of everything. Basketball isn't football (though there is still some risk). If I were him I would take the requisite time to heal the knee and then return to chase after the national title with my teammates.

Personally, I wish the NBA would adopt the same rule the NFL has that requires that players be three years removed from high school before they are eligible for the draft. But that's just me.

-

Comment

Comment

My point is that the fact that it happened in a situation in which everyone was watching magnified it in the minds of many. If he tweaked his knee midway through the second half against Wake Forest and he sat out the next game, it wouldn't have gotten as much attention.

It is undeniable that Zion has gained incredible value during his time at Duke. He established his position at the consensus #1 draft pick and his style of play has put him in a position that he can majorly cash in. Credit to Zion -- he took advantage of his opportunity. But Duke has given him the platform to increase his earnings potential by 7 or 8 figures.

Comment

This LSU story is getting better by the hour.

Comment

This LSU story is getting better by the hour.
                          That they are good?

Comment

Goodbye Will Wade. Shocking that there is corruption in college athletics. Insert laugh track.

Looks like the last regular season game for Pitt tomorrow against Notre Dame. Rough ACC portion of the season as everyone knew it would be.

They should have had those old Batman TV show captions for their games--- POW! BAM! SPLAT! WHACK!

It was painful! Hopefully the recruiting helps for next year. The ACC is just unreal!

-

Comment

Let's go Pitt !

Comment

• Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X