Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: OT: D1

Pitt hosts VMI tonite at 7PM at the Pete.

Comment

Originally posted by IUP CRIMSON HAWKS View Post
      Pitt hosts VMI tonite at 7PM at the Pete.

ICH ... you better be in the KCAC cheering on Bravado. Just bring a lot of money. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
        ICH ... you better be in the KCAC cheering on Bravado. Just bring a lot of money. LOL
        No chance of me being there. Go Pitt!

-

Comment

Dang ... Gonzaga beat Duke.

Zags playing without their best player, too.

Comment

Dang ... Gonzaga beat Duke.

Zags playing without their best player, too.
            Word is that Zion, Barrett and company are too intimidated by this new breed of Pitt team and won't even have the guts to show up in Oakland in the new year!

I really love men's college D-I basketball but I just really wish that the NBA would adopt the same rule as the NFL regarding potential players must wait three years after their high school graduation to be eligible for the draft. It would make for a much better product for both the college game and the NBA as well. We get these teams of one and done supermen freshmen but they never get a real chance to develop their game properly and get some seasoning. Seem like we see this just about every year with Duke and Kentucky. Superior talent but often times they are foiled by less-talented teams laden with more experienced upperclassmen.

-

Comment

Word filtering down that forward Tyrese Samuel has committed to Pitt. 6-8 200 forward. Fluid moving and can really hit the three. Out of Canada. Some potential here. Seems to fit the Capel mold if we can at all accurately deduce what the Capel mode is after six games.

Word is that Capel is in hot pursuit of Akok Akok and a few other high-end post players. Looks like Hurley of UConn also after Akok.

Edit add----Okay, looks like Samuel is making his choice this weekend with Pitt in the running. Also, Akok just left his prep school (or whatever it is) and is presumably planning on enrolling in college come the second semester.

-
              Last edited by IUP CRIMSON HAWKS; 11-25-2018, 12:54 PM.

Comment

Pitt gets a big stage tonight vs No. 14 Iowa.

Comment

Last 3 minutes of Notre Dame vs Illinois at 18 minutes of real time and counting ....

22 minutes and counting ..... Will. Not. End.

Gonna miss Pitt first half.

Comment

Last 3 minutes of Notre Dame vs Illinois at 18 minutes of real time and counting ....

22 minutes and counting ..... Will. Not. End.

Gonna miss Pitt first half.
                    Yeah, that really sucked. Although I did enjoy the ND-Illinois finish. Was that His Airness' son Jordan #23 for the Illini?

Pitt looking good. I figured that they would get killed in the paint and they are leading paint scoring 23-6. Who'd thunk it?

Bad news on the Pitt recruiting front---Tyrese Samuel committed to Seton Hall. I didn't even realize they still had a program even. They are a long ways from the P.J. Carlesimo and Andrew Gaze days.

But plenty of good recruits for Capel to snag.

-

Comment

Glad Iowa is punching back. Want to see how this team responds to some adversity on the road.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Where they find this female announcer? Awful.

Comment

Comment

That ending was tough. What a look that guy had under the basket. Pitt has some fight in it. Stallings' teams were just pansies.

I'm headed to the City Game. Looking forward to it. It should be a good one.

Comment

Very encouraging results for Pitt here! I figured that they would get pushed around facing a top 15 team on the road but they more than held their own. They really could have won that game. McGowens got a great look at the basket but just didn't get it to fall in the final seconds. I thought it would merely be a good learning experience for them but they did very nearly pull out the victory. This team is obviously very athletic, well-conditioned, ultra up-tempo and competitive. Capel deserves a ton of credit for what he has put together thus far.

Pitt needs to clean up the second half turnovers and work some on their late-game foul shooting. I think the team was starting to lose their legs by the end of the game. But all in all, a very positive experience for the team I think.

Now onto the City Game in the PPG Paints Arena on Friday. Take the Panthers.

-

Comment

Where they find this female announcer? Awful.
                                Good God she was really terrible! She turned me into Doughboy from Boyz In The Hood and some of the stuff he had to say regarding the fairer sex. LOL.

Major action was happening on the floor and you wanted to hear about it and she was going on and on about God knows what?

-

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X