Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post
    That one puzzles me since everyone involved seems to be going about business. Serious SA cases usually have someone behind bars.
    Not necessarily. Its typically a misdemeanor so they're held until bail or bond is secured. Even with rape he'd be out. You'd be surprised how often that happens - especially when setting him free means that he'll be in proximity (campus) to the alleged victim. I guess for every great part of our justice system there are several ugly parts.

Comment

• Down goes No. 4 Maryland. Penn State can ball.

Never thought I'd say that ...

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
        Down goes No. 4 Maryland. Penn State can ball.

Never thought I'd say that ...
        Is Bruce Parkhill still the coach? LOL. It sort of just shows you what you can do with an experienced senior-laden team. Look at what Louisville is doing this year with that recipe for success.

Lamar Stevens is a player. The Nits have D.J. Gordon out of the 'burgh coming in next year. Nice get for them. Things are on an upward swing. I don't know why everyone has to bash Chambers incessantly. He has done a pretty darn good job there in my opinion. I watched their game at OSU on Saturday. Same as Pitt at Louisville-----gritty effort against a very tough team on the road. Keep your eye on PSU this winter. Great to see them doing well.

Pitt back in action on Monday nite at the Pete against Northern Illinois.

-

Comment

• Originally posted by IUP CRIMSON HAWKS View Post

Is Bruce Parkhill still the coach? LOL. It sort of just shows you what you can do with an experienced senior-laden team. Look at what Louisville is doing this year with that recipe for success.

Lamar Stevens is a player. The Nits have D.J. Gordon out of the 'burgh coming in next year. Nice get for them. Things are on an upward swing. I don't know why everyone has to bash Chambers incessantly. He has done a pretty darn good job there in my opinion. I watched their game at OSU on Saturday. Same as Pitt at Louisville-----gritty effort against a very tough team on the road. Keep your eye on PSU this winter. Great to see them doing well.

Pitt back in action on Monday nite at the Pete against Northern Illinois.

-
          I believe Chambers takes more heat than he should ... but not by much. His teams have had a rich history of failing to finish games. This year might reverse that trend.

Comment

• Originally posted by jrshooter View Post

I believe Chambers takes more heat than he should ... but not by much. His teams have had a rich history of failing to finish games. This year might reverse that trend.
            Penn State just seems like a hard place to build a truly good hoops team. Football rules there. Sort of the opposite of what Indiana and Duke football were for years as they played a distant second fiddle to their storied hoops teams.

-

Comment

Penn State just seems like a hard place to build a truly good hoops team. Football rules there. Sort of the opposite of what Indiana and Duke football were for years as they played a distant second fiddle to their storied hoops teams.

-
              If they can make wrestling a spectator sport they can make basketball one too. Gotta spend money though, which is exactly what they did with wrestling.

Comment

• Pitt with a big comeback victory this evening at the Pete as they go on a 20-4 and then a 15-0 run in the waning minutes to close out a tougher than expected Northern Illinois team. Eugene German of NIU is a bonafide NBA draft pick next June. Trey McGowens did not get the start this evening but had a monster game with 18 points including four treys. 11 points for Xavier Johnson and 10 for Eric Hamilton. Slam Penny resurfaced from the lost and gone to put several daggers into NIU late in the contest.

Jeff Capel made some masterful coaching moves to turn the tide of the game with going to a high-pressure full court press and zone defense after Pitt's prospects for victory looked all but gone.

Pitt advances its record to 8-3 for the season. They are back in action on Friday evening at 7PM against Binghamton at the Pete. The game will be aired on the ACC Network.

As many of the college hoops recruiting pundits suggested back in the fall when Pitt signed on 6-10 Max Amadasun----it was a great get by Capel to lock him up early as his play thus far this season would have absolutely rocketed his recruiting status.

-
                Last edited by IUP CRIMSON HAWKS; 12-16-2019, 08:48 PM.

Comment

• Pitt a 79-53 winner this evening over Binghamton. Slam Penny led the way with 14 points and 10 boards. The team now begins a ten day holiday layoff. They will be back in action on Dec. 30 at the Pete with a 12 PM game against Canisius . Pitt ups its record to 9-3 on the season. They will get into the thick of their ACC schedule beginning on January 4 when they host Wake Forest.

Interestingly, Pitt is presently "rated" higher than such storied hoops schools as North Carolina and Syracuse. But certainly such things as that are highly subjective.

Speaking of North Carolina----they recently lost their freshman sensation guard Cole Anthony (20 ppg) with a knee injury for what is thought to be 4-6 weeks. As luck would have it---Pitt plays the Tar Heels twice in that time frame (Jan. 8 and 18). I will echo the sentiments of other Pitt fans in wishing him a quick and full recovery AFTER January 18.

Also some big D-I news in that the top freshman recruit for this season James Wiseman has left school at Memphis after a series of NCAA entanglements. Wiseman will now turn his attention towards preparing for the June NBA draft where he is expected to be the top selection. College basketball is the real loser in all of this.

-

Comment

• Coach Calipari just got out of the doghouse real quick.

Wildcats take down Louisville in OT.

What a game.

Comment

Coach Calipari just got out of the doghouse real quick.

What a game.
                      Damn, missed it. I will say that the NCAA March Madness is going to be just awesome this year. There will be a lot of teams that will have as legit a chance as anyone this year. It's wide open from what I have ascertained thus far.

-

Comment

• Pitt recruit Big John Hugley turned in a monster game last evening as his Brush High team knocked Kennedy Catholic from the ranks of the unbeaten by a 71-35 count. 23 points, 19 rebounds, 4 assists and 2 blocks for the big man.

He should certainly add some thump down in the low post for Pitt next year!

-

Comment

Coach Calipari just got out of the doghouse real quick.

What a game.
                          Watched it with my in laws. They are from a tiny town of 2,500 in a county with 3,500. Starting player for Kentucky is from their town so everyone watches. Good game!

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

Watched it with my in laws. They are from a tiny town of 2,500 in a county with 3,500. Starting player for Kentucky is from their town so everyone watches. Good game!
                            Emporium, PA?

Pitt men's hoops game tips tomorrow at noon. Game can be seen on the one Pittsburgh sports channel. I think they call it RSN on the Pitt MBB page.

-

Comment

Emporium, PA?

Pitt men's hoops game tips tomorrow at noon. Game can be seen on the one Pittsburgh sports channel. I think they call it RSN on the Pitt MBB page.

-
                              That's it! Also hometown of PSAC commish Steve Murray.

Comment

• Pitt lands 5 star guard Jalen Hood-Schifino

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X