Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IUP CRIMSON HAWKS View Post
    Pitt men's basketball average attendance per game keeps seeing impressive increases during the Jeff Capel era of the past two years at the Pete.

4,177 in 2017-18 (under Stullings)

6,749 in 2018-19

8,825 this year

That is more than double from two years ago!

Just more proof of the fantastic job that Capel has done in his program reboot! It's as Rappin' Demetrius Gore once said---- Pitt's on the rise!

Ignore the naysayers and those who would come down from the hills to shoot the wounded. This thing is going to completely turn around. It's shocking to read and hear all the negative comments of late. "Pitt is going to lose all their players to transfer. The coach is going to flee. The recruits are going to bail. The Tower of learning is going to topple over. The whole Pitt campus is going to vanish into a giant sink hole and fall all the way to China."

Well, my God.

It's time to keep the faith and believe!

-

Comment

• Good man!

Pitt actually played pretty darn good today. For a minute or two I thought that they may have come down with the coronavirus. They had a solid North Carolina State team at their place on the ropes for much of the day until a late game surge by the Wolf Pack turned the tide in their favor. 24 for Au'Diese Toney. The biggest stat line that did Pitt in was 12 missed FTs. They will conclude the regular season on Wednesday evening at Georgia Tech at 9 PM.

But Pitt really looked like a good team for most of the afternoon at least. North Carolina State fans are in for a real treat next season when Shakeel Moore and Josh Hall step onto campus. Okay, so that was NC State coach Kevin Keatts in their highlight video. I wondered who that guy was. Smart man to keep tabs on them.

-

Comment

• Pitt concluded their regular season schedule last evening with being on the wrong end of a shellacking at Georgia Tech. It marked the Panthers seventh straight loss after a respectable 15-9 start (not bad for year two of a rebuild). Disappointing and tough to take. The team seemed to hit a wall and run out of fuel in part. There also have been the rumblings of those who have made accusations that there are some on the team who have quit and have a bad attitude. Jeff Capel made mention of some negative things a week or two back and last night after the loss senior forward Eric Hamilton was not very happy about the situation. He inferred that there are members of the team that are not on board with things.

I think one big problem is that since joining the ACC in the 2013-14 season the Pitt program has never actually re-tooled itself to become what is needed to have success in the ACC. The results have not been very good to be honest. Capel will need to be afforded the time necessary to refurbish the program with ACC talent. The conference tournament awaits next week.

In other news---

Yesterday marked the 30th anniversary of the death of All-American Loyola-Marymount forward Hank Gathers. He of course was famous for leading the nation in both scoring and rebounding during the 1988-89 college basketball season. He was diagnosed with a heart condition in late 1989 after passing out during a game. Sadly, he collapsed at center court after one of his power slams during his team's conference tourney and died shortly after. For everyone who was a fan of college hoops at that time it has to be one of the truly saddest things that the sport has ever seen. His teammates did carry on and made a valiant run deep into the 1990 NCAA tournament before falling to eventual national champion UNLV.

Looks like PG Eric Gaines has signed on at L$U of the $EC where he will be a part of a top ten recruiting class for the Tigers. Will Wade, you devil you!

Pitt hopeful recruit Femi Odukale recently completed an official visit to Seton Hall. Some insiders think that he could be favoring UMass at the moment.

Another player Pitt hopes to land of course is Will Jeffress. As previously stated he seems to be focused on his McDowell team's run into the state playoffs and will not dive into the recruiting foray until after the season.

Is anyone surprised to see schools like Dayton, San Diego State, and Seton Hall in this week's Top 10? Just more proof how wide open the NCAA tourney will be this year.

-

Comment

Pitt concluded their regular season schedule last evening with being on the wrong end of a shellacking at Georgia Tech. It marked the Panthers seventh straight loss after a respectable 15-9 start (not bad for year two of a rebuild). Disappointing and tough to take. The team seemed to hit a wall and run out of fuel in part. There also have been the rumblings of those who have made accusations that there are some on the team who have quit and have a bad attitude. Jeff Capel made mention of some negative things a week or two back and last night after the loss senior forward Eric Hamilton was not very happy about the situation. He inferred that there are members of the team that are not on board with things.

I think one big problem is that since joining the ACC in the 2013-14 season the Pitt program has never actually re-tooled itself to become what is needed to have success in the ACC. The results have not been very good to be honest. Capel will need to be afforded the time necessary to refurbish the program with ACC talent. The conference tournament awaits next week.

In other news---

Yesterday marked the 30th anniversary of the death of All-American Loyola-Marymount forward Hank Gathers. He of course was famous for leading the nation in both scoring and rebounding during the 1988-89 college basketball season. He was diagnosed with a heart condition in late 1989 after passing out during a game. Sadly, he collapsed at center court after one of his power slams during his team's conference tourney and died shortly after. For everyone who was a fan of college hoops at that time it has to be one of the truly saddest things that the sport has ever seen. His teammates did carry on and made a valiant run deep into the 1990 NCAA tournament before falling to eventual national champion UNLV.

Looks like PG Eric Gaines has signed on at L$U of the $EC where he will be a part of a top ten recruiting class for the Tigers. Will Wade, you devil you!

Pitt hopeful recruit Femi Odukale recently completed an official visit to Seton Hall. Some insiders think that he could be favoring UMass at the moment.

Another player Pitt hopes to land of course is Will Jeffress. As previously stated he seems to be focused on his McDowell team's run into the state playoffs and will not dive into the recruiting foray until after the season.

Is anyone surprised to see schools like Dayton, San Diego State, and Seton Hall in this week's Top 10? Just more proof how wide open the NCAA tourney will be this year.

-
          Well the tourney allows for seeing strong teams for what they are. Would never happen in football.

Good for Pitt is they went 11-7 at home. If they want to fill the Pete again, they need to win at home.

I'm happy to see Duquesne doing well - and RMU is the #1 seed in the NEC tournament, which sucks because its spring break and the student section is empty.

Comment

• Pitt stinks... that is all.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPalum View Post
              Pitt stinks... that is all.
              lol

short and sweet

(I am a Pitt fan ... but this post made me laugh)

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

lol

short and sweet

(I am a Pitt fan ... but this post made me laugh)

Comment

• We had season tickets thru Jamie's last season. When he left and they hired the Zodiac I let them lapse.

Comment

• The thing is that you will be back on board soon and wearing a Jeffress jersey while cheering on the blue and gold! Write it down. LOL.

-

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

We had season tickets thru Jamie's last season. When he left and they hired the Zodiac I let them lapse.
                      Yeah, Stullings (and Barnes' idiot hire) killed the hell out of Pitt basketball. The problem is that nobody wanted him at all and he got zero support. I think he went something like 4-32 in ACC play.

I just heard an interesting story about a bad incident in the Pitt locker room that seemingly sent their season into a downward spiral. I would like to confirm it first.

-

Comment

The thing is that you will be back on board soon and wearing a Jeffress jersey while cheering on the blue and gold! Write it down. LOL.

-

Comment

• First off it's not at all what I think Jeffress will be. He is a consensus top 75 recruit nationally. So let's be clear on that. I had no influence on his ranking.

Secondly, I see my role on this forum the same as those missionaries who came to the new world years back. I am here to spread the gospel of Capel. It will be only a matter of time before guys like IUPalum, IUPBigIndians and yourself will be converted to the ways of the blue and gold.

Last evening Jeff Capel was on hand to scout celebrated Laurel Highlands frosh guard Rodney Gallagher. How much did he like him? Well, he offered him on the spot.

-

Comment

First off it's not at all what I think Jeffress will be. He is a consensus top 75 recruit nationally. So let's be clear on that. I had no influence on his ranking.

Secondly, I see my role on this forum the same as those missionaries who came to the new world years back. I am here to spread the gospel of Capel. It will be only a matter of time before guys like IUPalum, IUPBigIndians and yourself will be converted to the ways of the blue and gold.

Last evening Jeff Capel was on hand to scout celebrated Laurel Highlands frosh guard Rodney Gallagher. How much did he like him? Well, he offered him on the spot.

-

Comment

• Saw Jeff Capel at the McComb press table watching Will Jeffress lead McDowell to an easy win over Peters Township in the first round of the PIAA playoffs.

Trey Staunch was also in the house, in case my IUP friends were interested.

Comment

• RMU dominated yesterday in the NEC semifinals. They're playing so well right now. Come out swinging and the last few games have jumped out to big leads. This time went up by 15 on Long Island and never looked back. They play St Francis on Tuesday for the championship, guaranteeing a western PA team in the tournament.

Only $9 tickets too!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X