Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: OT: D1

Calhoun's Youngstown State team got blown out at Robert Morris last night. Wonder if he's starting to wish he was back in Fairmont yet? Four of his YSU wins so far (there aren't many) are against D3 schools.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
      Calhoun's Youngstown State team got blown out at Robert Morris last night. Wonder if he's starting to wish he was back in Fairmont yet? Four of his YSU wins so far (there aren't many) are against D3 schools.
      I imagine his bank account is happy, but maybe not much else...

Comment

How does our esteemed basketball roundtable see tomorrow night's City game going? I heard that one source was predicting a Duke's victory. I find that a little hard to fathom.

Sounds like the Panthers will be sporting a retro look for the game.

-

Comment

Dambrodt said today they expect to win the game.

Coach speak perhaps but bold nonetheless.

Dukes can play. They gave Notre Dame all they could handle.

I like Pitt in a tight one.

Comment

Lose to the Bloody Dukes? I think you overestimate their chances.

But as you say---they did keep it somewhat tight with Notre Dame.

It probably will be a battle. I'm sure Pitt is a bit battle-fatigued from their Iowa excursion.

Pitt needs to get more participation from more players this time out. JWF and Toney need to contribute more this time out. Ellison too.

I see that former Cal coach Bill Brown is on Dambrot's staff.

-

Comment

I think that Dambrot is the wildcard in all of this tonight. He's a good coach. What does he throw at the Pitt backcourt to slow down Johnson and company? Certainly Iowa seemed to do that very thing in the second half the other night. Though I think some of that may have been that they ran themselves out a bit.

-

Comment

Originally posted by IUP CRIMSON HAWKS View Post
                I think that Dambrot is the wildcard in all of this tonight. He's a good coach. What does he throw at the Pitt backcourt to slow down Johnson and company? Certainly Iowa seemed to do that very thing in the second half the other night. Though I think some of that may have been that they ran themselves out a bit.

-
                Could be. Pitt missed a ton of easy buckets in the second half (and FTs).

Duquesne strength is they can stroke the three ball.

Neither team is real deep. Foul trouble on either side will be huge.

Some nerves comes with this game, too. Both have played a hostile road game. A different kind of nerves comes with playing a packed home game.

I can't wait.

Comment

Pitt a 74-53 winner this evening in the City Game. Dukes got out to a hot start and went up 8-0, but Pitt just too much for them. Duquesne not a bad team though.

Next up for the Panthers is Niagara on Monday at the Pete.

-

Comment

Duquesne played scared. P-word performance.

Dambrodt got embarrased.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
                      Duquesne played scared. P-word performance.

Dambrodt got embarrased.
                      Dambrot seemed to have a good defensive scheme on Xavier initially with the man shadowing him from the onset. But that is probably not practical to be able to do that for 40 minutes. Plus, Pitt has other good guards that can hurt you as well.

I was watching Dambrot talking to Capel in the pregame and goodness did he look small. Is he really that little or is Capel just a huge man?

I just think the Dukes were hopelessly outgunned and outmanned by Pitt.

Panthers look decent thus far. Just think if Capel gets the recruits he wants for next season. There would be several athletic posts coming to Oakland.

Word is they are targeting guys like Akok Akok, Qudus Wahab, and Kofi Cockburn.

-

Comment

He's that small. Maybe 5-9. Maybe 150 pounds. Short with a small frame.

Comment

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
                          He's that small. Maybe 5-9. Maybe 150 pounds. Short with a small frame.
                          Good Heavens! I was just shocked to see the difference in size between Capel and him.

Capel just looks like a 'Burgh/Western PA type of guy. Broad shouldered, has the gut sticking out, looks to be a bit of a slob, and could no doubt hand out a good azz whipping to someone. LOL.

-

Comment

I certainly expected some rough stretches in this Pitt rebuild, but losing at home to a team that had just lost to St. Francis and was without its best player? Yikes!

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Norris View Post
                              I certainly expected some rough stretches in this Pitt rebuild, but losing at home to a team that had just lost to St. Francis and was without its best player? Yikes!
                              Told you guys they stink!

Comment

Press Virginia up next

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X