X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: OT: D1

Originally posted by IUPalum View Post
    Told you guys they stink!
    Geez! They're building. What are you going to do, watch crappy D-II ball?

It was certainly a clunker though to say the least. But still, a young team that is two missed layups at the buzzer from being 8-0.

Things will get tough come Saturday and ACC time. But at least they seem to have a chance to pull something good together with this program in the next few years.

-

Comment

That's a young team that started reading too many newspaper clippings.

That's very possibly the worst home loss ever at The Pete.

Comment

Originally posted by IUP CRIMSON HAWKS View Post
        Geez! They're building. What are you going to do, watch crappy D-II ball?

It was certainly a clunker though to say the least. But still, a young team that is two missed layups at the buzzer from being 8-0.

Things will get tough come Saturday and ACC time. But at least they seem to have a chance to pull something good together with this program in the next few years.

-
        Last edited by Chuck Norris; 12-05-2018, 09:02 AM.

Comment

But if you would take the time to know your facts or even go back and read past threads you would know that I was not against the Pitt basketball program at all but rather the two guys who were the coaches of it=Dixon and Stullings.

If you would also take care to remember last winter I had a big thread going on the importance of making the right hire for this program. It's a matter of record. Is it still on here anywhere? If so, go back and get yourself educated.

And you may wish to notice that I was posting on a thread that was designated for D-I basketball.

A lot of people are highly optimistic about the future of Pitt basketball. Does it mean that they are a tournament team this year. Likely not. But if you followed any news at all of Jeff Capel's recruiting efforts you would know that Pitt has the chance to become something special within the next few years. It does not mean that it will happen, but at least it is something that fans can be excited about.

And furthermore, I am entitled to my opinion as much as you are or anyone else on this forum is. If you don't like that----tough luck!

You may also wish to remember that I was the one who got the basketball forum going some dozen years back. Before I started posting stuff of men's and women's PSAC hoops there was basically nothing. So don't pull your high horse routine on me.

-

-

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
            That's a young team that started reading too many newspaper clippings.

That's very possibly the worst home loss ever at The Pete.
            To the best of my knowledge the game was not broadcast via the web or at least nowhere that I could find. I listened to the game on the radio, therefore can't offer any insights on what I saw.

Yeah, it was a bad loss. It is a young team that will have to take their lumps and learn from their mistakes. Someone commented on the morning of the Niagara game that it was set up as the ultimate trap game. Emotional games at Iowa and the City Game with the WVU game fast approaching. JWF admitted that the team did not have their usual fire and pace to them. They paid the price for it.

It will be interesting to see how the team rebounds at WVU come Saturday. Tipoff at noon. Televised on one of the ESPN channels.

And appreciate the actual intelligent basketball discussion as always, IUPBigIndians. It is quite a step up from what some people can offer.

-

Comment

But if you would take the time to know your facts or even go back and read past threads you would know that I was not against the Pitt basketball program at all but rather the two guys who were the coaches of it=Dixon and Stullings.

If you would also take care to remember last winter I had a big thread going on the importance of making the right hire for this program. It's a matter of record. Is it still on here anywhere? If so, go back and get yourself educated.

And you may wish to notice that I was posting on a thread that was designated for D-I basketball.

A lot of people are highly optimistic about the future of Pitt basketball. Does it mean that they are a tournament team this year. Likely not. But if you followed any news at all of Jeff Capel's recruiting efforts you would know that Pitt has the chance to become something special within the next few years. It does not mean that it will happen, but at least it is something that fans can be excited about.

And furthermore, I am entitled to my opinion as much as you are or anyone else on this forum is. If you don't like that----tough luck!

You may also wish to remember that I was the one who got the basketball forum going some dozen years back. Before I started posting stuff of men's and women's PSAC hoops there was basically nothing. So don't pull your high horse routine on me.

-

-

Comment

Could we PLEASE just keep this thread about D-I basketball.

I like how you told us how you tried to sell insurance to irate people during the 9-11 disaster. Well, I guess you are Mr. I Suck At Selling Insurance!

Is that hard to fit on a business card? Too funny!

-

Comment

I like how you told us how you tried to sell insurance to irate people during the 9-11 disaster. Well, I guess you are Mr. I Suck At Selling Insurance!

-
                  Lol. Yeah I did suck at it. In my defense it was long term care insurance. I was 22, looked like I was 12, and I was knocking on doors trying to convince senior citizens they needed nursing home insurance. Tough gig.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Norris View Post
                    Lol. Yeah I did suck at it. In my defense it was long term care insurance. I was 22, looked like I was 12, and I was knocking on doors trying to convince senior citizens they needed nursing home insurance. Tough gig.
                    Understand. Just having some fun with things. Nothing personal.

-

Comment

-
                      Did you see UConn's women knocked off former #1 Notre Dame by 18 in South Bend on Sunday?

Comment

Originally posted by Horror Child View Post
                        Did you see UConn's women knocked off former #1 Notre Dame by 18 in South Bend on Sunday?
                        Okay, let me amend that-----Could we PLEASE just keep this thread about D-I MEN'S basketball?

But style points for knowing how to offer up a good barb here, HC!

-

Comment

Apparently 6-11 235 lbs. center Qudus Wahab is supposedly set to announce his decision on what college he will play for next Thursday. Looks like it may be down to Pitt and Georgetown. But you never know how things will play out. Stay tuned.

-

Comment

Apparently 6-11 235 lbs. center Qudus Wahab is supposedly set to announce his decision on what college he will play for next Thursday. Looks like it may be down to Pitt and Georgetown. But you never know how things will play out. Stay tuned.

-
                            Saw that other kid picked UCONN. Amazing they can recruit to Storrs, CT.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
                              Saw that other kid picked UCONN. Amazing they can recruit to Storrs, CT.
                              Yeah, that would have been Akok Akok. He committed to UCONN. Danny Hurley is active in the recruiting process. Some worry that he is also trying to lure Wahab or Kofi Cockburn up there as well. But he surely has to be about depleted of scholarships. Some think that Akok is walking on. Yeah, right! Not sure, but from what I understand he may be able to play here in the second semester for the Huskies.

I like that Capel has not hurriedly committed himself to players as he still holds out hope for some legit blue chip post type players. Just hope it doesn't all backfire. But he seemed to do well during the latter signing period last spring.

Also, looks like the Lady Panthers are putting together some wins with the new coach out of Florida State. Maybe they are making a program turnaround.

-

Comment

Some word filtering down that Pitt is strongly courting 6-8 power forward Karim Coulibaly out of Maryland (St. Vincent Palotti). He's ranked in the top 100 2019 high school recruits on some lists.

-

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X