Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: OT: D1

Sad news for those who remember early '90s college basketball with the reported passing of former Indiana Hoosiers power forward Eric Anderson at the age of 48. Anderson was best known for helping IU to the 1992 Final Four. He played two seasons for the Knicks after college.

-

Comment

Peace has left the Pitt team.

Interesting new concept in basketball ... the mid-year transfer.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Peace had the second best name in recent Pittsburgh sports history just behind Gift Ngoepe, who became the first African born major leaguer during a stint with the Pirates in 2017.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

He never played. Probably in his best interest to transfer out.

Some news on Qudus Wahab----he was supposed to announce which school he would sign with today but has pushed it back indefinitely. Probably the smart money is on Georgetown. Less than 20 miles from his current locale and the chance to learn under the great Patrick Ewing.

-

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Norris View Post
            Peace had the second best name in recent Pittsburgh sports history just behind Gift Ngoepe, who became the first African born major leaguer during a stint with the Pirates in 2017.
            Really? First African born player in MLB didn't happen until 2017? I have to say I am shocked by that.

-

Comment

Originally posted by IUP CRIMSON HAWKS View Post
              Really? First African born player in MLB didn't happen until 2017? I have to say I am shocked by that.

-
              I'm not...Don't think baseball is played much in Africa.

Comment

Originally posted by boatcapt View Post
                I'm not...Don't think baseball is played much in Africa.
                I would like to say that the first African born players in the NFL and NBA happened decades ago. But of course I'm not sure on that.

Just a FYI for tomorrow regarding D-I hoops----'Nova at Kansas on ESPN at high noon and Pitt hosting Maryland Eastern Shore at 2 PM.

I believe that the Pitt game is being carried on Root Sports.

-

Comment

Looks like 7-0 295 C Kofi Cockburn of Oak Hill Academy (from Jamaica) has Pitt in his final five of schools that he will choose from. Encouraging until you see that he also has Kansas on there as well. I believe St. Johns and Illinois are also on it.

He would be a get for Pitt if they can swing it!

-

Comment

Comment

N'Dir is a big loss. Too bad they can't medical redshirt him for next year as this season is mostly merely a developmental year.

Yup, Stevenson and the Peace guy are out. Not a big loss. Major discrepancy in talent and fit into the Capel system from his own recruits to what Stullings had here.

Looks like Capel may be eyeing a couple of bluechippers from DeMatha. I believe C Hunter Dickinson is one of them.

-

Comment

OK, D1 it is. Is BUFFALO replacing SYRACUSE as the only significant MBB program in the EMPIRE STATE? Or is CHRIS MULLIN'S SJU RED STORM at 10-0 for real ? As for the PANTHERS, playing BB in the ACC is like playing FB in the SEC. Chances to ultimately succeed in the league are really, really slim. But at least you have March to fall back on unlike the BS FCS playoffs.

Comment

Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post
                          OK, D1 it is. Is BUFFALO replacing SYRACUSE as the only significant MBB program in the EMPIRE STATE? Or is CHRIS MULLIN'S SJU RED STORM at 10-0 for real ? As for the PANTHERS, playing BB in the ACC is like playing FB in the SEC. Chances to ultimately succeed in the league are really, really slim. But at least you have March to fall back on unlike the BS FCS playoffs.

Comment

Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post
                            For me, it is ALL about recruiting and program building. IF Capel can do this----then he can have success at the national level. There is no doubt about it. Pitt really isn't all that far removed from being something of a national player with several number one NCAA seeds and were a heartbeat away from a Final Four all less than a decade ago. I would like to think that Capel uses the rigors of ACC play to his advantage as he lets recruits know that if you want to be thought of in the same breath as the elites of the blue bloods then you have to go out and show that you can compete and run with them. That sort of thing puts you on an NBA draft board.

I like what Nate Oats has going on up at Buffalo. I wonder if it was Bobby Hurley who got the ball rolling up there or was his success more a byproduct of an already established program that has simply been proliferating?

Look for UCONN's Danny Hurley to build a winner up in Storrs. His recruiting has been rather impressive thus far. No idea how he is selling the program to be honest.

-
                            Last edited by IUP CRIMSON HAWKS; 12-19-2018, 09:15 AM.

Comment

The name of Ethan Morton G 6-4 195 out of Butler, PA has been making the rounds of Pitt recruiting hopes. Apparently he is a junior (class of 2020) but is turning 18 very shortly and is rumored to be a candidate to reclassify thus making him a part of this year's recruiting class. Stay tuned for all of that. I watched some video of him----the kid can shoot the lights out. The Pitt backcourt could use someone of his skill set to complement what Johnson and McGowens do.

-

Comment

UConn with a comeback win at Oklahoma to move to 10-0. Big battle tomorrow against #14 California in Berkeley. Everyone gunning for the #1 team.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X