Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kansas and Virginia have both opted out of their conference tournaments due to positive tests.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
      Kansas and Virginia have both opted out of their conference tournaments due to positive tests.
      All of this is going to make the NCAA tournament in Indy real interesting and dicey at best. The plan was to get everyone into the bubble but that is going to be tough now with these teams having problems.

Comment

• Indiana has fired Archie Miller.

Comment

Indiana has fired Archie Miller.
          Bring him home!!

Comment

• Terrell Brown just entered the portal. Pitt can have a whole new team next year. Perfect for Year 4 of a regime.

Comment

• The D1 portal is going to crack 500 within the hour - amazing considering how many teams are still playing in the NCAA and NIT. The season will likely set a new transfer record.

Penn State lost 5 this morning.

Comment

The D1 portal is going to crack 500 within the hour - amazing considering how many teams are still playing in the NCAA and NIT. The season will likely set a new transfer record.

Penn State lost 5 this morning.
                Plain and simple the system is broken!!! These players think the school and game owe them everything! I understand the transfer up or the transfer b/c of educational program BUT the majority of these kids entering the portal are basically saying F YOU I'm out. To me that's a bunch of BS!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

Plain and simple the system is broken!!! These players think the school and game owe them everything! I understand the transfer up or the transfer b/c of educational program BUT the majority of these kids entering the portal are basically saying F YOU I'm out. To me that's a bunch of BS!!!
                  Great points. These players are like Cinderella. The Ball (their basketball playing career) ends at midnight. Rather than planning to leave the Ball (focus on their academic career after basketball), they
                  find another Ball that does not end until 1 am and they go there to dance.

So misguided to revolve your life decisions around a game.
                  If their motive was to transfer to a better academic school, MIT would be final four every year! :-)

Comment

I agree with everything but "These players think the school and game owe them everything!" I've always interpreted it as they owe the school nothing so they cut & run at the first sign of trouble.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

I agree with everything but "These players think the school and game owe them everything!" I've always interpreted it as they owe the school nothing so they cut & run at the first sign of trouble.
                      Most athletes get a FREE education... they owe the school some dang respect!!! Everything is a dang hand out now a days and people think they should be owed more!!! Go F-in earn your playing time, the job, the money, etc!

Comment

Most athletes get a FREE education... they owe the school some dang respect!!! Everything is a dang hand out now a days and people think they should be owed more!!! Go F-in earn your playing time, the job, the money, etc!
                        That tone just cost you your point guard. In the portal. Lol.

Comment

That tone just cost you your point guard. In the portal. Lol.
                          hahahahaha

Comment

Terrell Brown just entered the portal. Pitt can have a whole new team next year. Perfect for Year 4 of a regime.
                            IUP just got their center! Terrell does a few nice things every now and then-----and then probably promptly locks himself out of his apartment. But a good dude to be sure.

It is VERY possible that a coach could lose their entire team this year and still have a good team next year with the bevy of transfers out there. There are some good ones as well.

I think Witicita State lost most of their team a year or so ago and are still a top 25 program this year i saw.

Pitt has a G from FIU named Antonio Daye who put them into his final four.

I see that 'burgh native Tre Mitchell from UMass is in the portal. Pitt could use someone 6-9 with some good ball skills and who averaged 18 a game. I watched his tape and he reminds me a bit of Christian Laettner with his fluid skills.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUP CRIMSON HAWKS View Post

IUP just got their center! Terrell does a few nice things every now and then-----and then probably promptly locks himself out of his apartment. But a good dude to be sure.

It is VERY possible that a coach could lose their entire team this year and still have a good team next year with the bevy of transfers out there. There are some good ones as well.

I think Witicita State lost most of their team a year or so ago and are still a top 25 program this year i saw.

Pitt has a G from FIU named Antonio Daye who put them into his final four.

I see that 'burgh native Tre Mitchell from UMass is in the portal. Pitt could use someone 6-9 with some good ball skills and who averaged 18 a game. I watched his tape and he reminds me a bit of Christian Laettner with his fluid skills.
                              They could use Mitchell but they have no shot. He's going to a marquee program.

Terrell would thrive in D2 but he'll get several D1 offers.

Word is they have a good shot at the big from Providence.

Comment

They could use Mitchell but they have no shot. He's going to a marquee program.

Terrell would thrive in D2 but he'll get several D1 offers.

Word is they have a good shot at the big from Providence.
                                Agree. Mitchell looks like he should go to a blue blood to be honest. Or something close to it. I think there were problems in Pittsburgh for him IIRC.

Are you referring to Greg Gantt as the big from Providence? I know he is on their radar.

Pitt would do well to just got the transfer route here this year as the class of 2021 is rather weak to be honest. Class of 2022 is going to be crazy good.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X