Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IUP CRIMSON HAWKS View Post

Get ready to hear Hoosiers fans say "Wow, nice play, Xavier!" And then awhile later "Jesus, Xavier, what the hell did you do that for? What the hell is wrong with this damn guy?"

Odukale will be an upgrade at the PG spot for Pitt. He has the chance to be the next standout player for the Panthers.

Xavier wore out his welcome with both the coach and the fans.

In other news I see that Miami star PG Chris Lykes just transfered to Arkansas.

Looks like April is indeed the cruelest month for the Miller brothers as Sean got his long overdue walking papers today at Arizona. Great coach but he had been caught red-handed in the cookie jar. But give Miller credit for landing big man DeAndre Ayton for a mere $100,000. He turned out to be the first overall selection in the 2018 NBA draft. Will Wade of LSU needs to have his head roll next to at least give college basketball the appearance that it is on the up and up. LOL.

Hubert Davis got the nod as the new UNC coach. Interesting hire. The last time they hired a former player there it did work out that great (Matt Dougherty).

Pitt gained a commit with wing Nate Santos. 6-7 and a nice outside shot. At least until he gets to Pitt. Ho-hum.
    $100k for the top pick is a steal.

All about the handlers. Just like Blue Chips ... need that coin untraceable.

This could be Pitt's shot to finally get a Miller.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

$100k for the top pick is a steal.

All about the handlers. Just like Blue Chips ... need that coin untraceable.

This could be Pitt's shot to finally get a Miller.
      Absolutely, $100k for the top pick shows he knows how to shop. The guy is thrifty.

Some Pitt alum booster once told me that Sean Miller actually wanted the Pitt job in 2018 after the removal of Stullings----but that the optics basically prevented the Pitt brass from making the move. I have no real idea if that is true or not.

It will be interesting to see where the Miller boys end up. One thing that more or less that seems to be lost in today's game of college hoops is these coaches who would spend their entire career building a program at a school----Wooden (UCLA), Knight (Indiana), Thompson (Georgetown), Tark (UNLV), Dean Smith (North Carolina), Lute Olsen (Arizona) and Chaney (Temple). I guess we still have holdovers like Coach K at Duke and Boehiem at Syracuse but it seems to be a lost thing anymore and the game suffers for it. Those guys and their long and well established tenures really added something to the game.

Comment

• Interesting to compare won-lost record before and after payment scandal broke among the head coaches that were involved at the various schools. Makes one wonder how much of their coaching success was due to illegal payments rather than coaching acumen.

Comment

• Originally posted by Columbuseer View Post
          Interesting to compare won-lost record before and after payment scandal broke among the head coaches that were involved at the various schools. Makes one wonder how much of their coaching success was due to illegal payments rather than coaching acumen.
          LOL. To be sure!

Comment

• Pitino to Arizona? hahaha

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
              Pitino to Arizona? hahaha
              He's not going to stay at little Iona very long. He loves the bright lights. He's saying he loves it there ... away from the circus and boosters.

Comment

He's not going to stay at little Iona very long. He loves the bright lights. He's saying he loves it there ... away from the circus and boosters.
                Imagine the talent that an experienced shopper like Pitino could bring in at Arizona.

Comment

Imagine the talent that an experienced shopper like Pitino could bring in at Arizona.
                  They covered up Miller's crap for years. Pitino seems like a great hire.

Comment

They covered up Miller's crap for years. Pitino seems like a great hire.
                    Pitino brings a different set of headaches... hahahaha

Comment

• The sad truth of the matter is that D-I college hoops is VERY corrupt! I doubt that comes as much of a shock to anyone reading my assertion. But after several years of really following college basketball recruiting there is little else that I can say when it comes to the top tier level of talent. We had a couple of coaches like Miller and Will Wade of L$U get caught red-handed and they continued/continue in their jobs despite it. How does that make sense? The rules are the rules and they should apply to everyone. Hell, Pitt probably got in more trouble for having an extra practice or two under Stullings than these coaches and schools got into for buying players.

7-0 C Efton Reid is set to make his choice of school this Thursday. It has been speculated that it is between Pitt, L$U, and O$U. I would be astonished to the point of fainting if he picks Pitt as some pundits have predicted. There is just too many other things at work here. There is probably at this very moment a bidding war in progress for his services.

Comment

• Tomorrow is the day that C Efton Reid will make his choice of college announcement. My best guess is that there is an 11th hour bidding war in progress. Good chance he will pick a school that was not even previously in the conversation for his services. Somebody mentioned Florida State. It will likely come down to who comes in with the best bid late tonight or early tomorrow morning. Pitt could really use someone like Sean Miller right about now. And not to mention the deep-pocketed boosters who make such acqusitions possible.

But kudos to the Reid family and how they have played this game. They are very likely about to be in the $$$$. Good for them I say!

Comment

Tomorrow is the day that C Efton Reid will make his choice of college announcement. My best guess is that there is an 11th hour bidding war in progress. Good chance he will pick a school that was not even previously in the conversation for his services. Somebody mentioned Florida State. It will likely come down to who comes in with the best bid late tonight or early tomorrow morning. Pitt could really use someone like Sean Miller right about now. And not to mention the deep-pocketed boosters who make such acqusitions possible.

But kudos to the Reid family and how they have played this game. They are very likely about to be in the $$$$. Good for them I say!
                          Some are reporting H2P is in his Final 3. Capel's only real card to play is Reid could be a star from Day 1.

If they somehow land him that may sway Champagnie to come back (if his draft projection isn't what he's expecting).

This is a real big day for Capel. He's no longer a 'shiny penny' among the very short-leash Pitt brass. He flops again next year and I think that will be it.

Granted, whomever signs Reid today is only getting him for one season. But, he has the tools to be a very impactful true freshman.

Comment

Some are reporting H2P is in his Final 3. Capel's only real card to play is Reid could be a star from Day 1.

If they somehow land him that may sway Champagnie to come back (if his draft projection isn't what he's expecting).

This is a real big day for Capel. He's no longer a 'shiny penny' among the very short-leash Pitt brass. He flops again next year and I think that will be it.

Granted, whomever signs Reid today is only getting him for one season. But, he has the tools to be a very impactful true freshman.
                            Looks like Reid and his mama bear made no choice today. Apparently he needs more time. Translation= the bidding for his services must be ongoing and off the charts. This Reid family are just plain smart folk!

Yup, one and done most likely to whomever gets him. I like his skyhook that he incorporates into his game.

Capel is in some VERY serious s hit here. He has like seven open scholies and one guy signed (a shooter who basically does little else).

Chris Dokish had this to say about Capel today----"....and he didn't win with those guys because of things he did on and off the court. He made suspect coaching and personnel decisions, and had no control off the court as he let players, parents, and some even say his brother cause drama that prevented them from succeeding."

His contract runs through 2027. I personally would like to see Capel get a shot at the bountiful recruiting class of 2022 which is absolutely loaded with talent. But the problem is he needs to fill multiple scholies for this year. He seems to have very little direction here. I would take a look at PGs such as Khalil Brantley and transfer Noah Farrakhan. There were some talented transfers that hit the portal but unfortunately none of them seemed to have any interest in signing with Pitt. Things are NOT good!

If I were Capel i would try and be sure to have a number of scholies available for next year when the class of '22 is on the market. But that leaves you terribly undermanned for this coming season and ensures that your only prospect for the year is that you will be in a three way battle for the bottom of the ACC with BC and Wake Forest.

Good players don't want to play for a loser. His best bet at the moment may be to get some of those '22 guys to reclass.

Comment

• The nation's #1 high school recruit C Chet Holmgren has just signed on with Gonzaga. No terms of financial details were divulged.

Pitt just got a decent transfer. 6-7 220 PF Dan Oladapo out of Oakland has signed with the Panthers. He averaged 12.9 PPG and grabbed 8.8 RPG last season. Sounds like your classic Oakland to Oakland move.

Comment

• Pitt just a got a very nice backcourt pickup with former Wichita State and Texas Tech 6-4 PG Jamarius Burton. Scored at a 10 PPG clip with the former school. Has the ability to really motor around the court and likes the dribble drive. The Panthers all of a sudden have some nice pop to their backcourt with the addition of Burton joining Odukale, Sibande, and Horton.

But still need that dominant post. Looks like Efton Reid is talking with the Tar Heels.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X