Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lead candidate is the Fordham head coach.

Comment

• Sounds like Jay Wright has an interest in the NBA.

I thought he was kind of young to hang it up.

Some of these superstar coaches (like Wright) may grow real tired of this new Portal world really quickly.

Comment

• Mount St Marys to the MAAC

Comment

• Year 5 starting for Capel in Oakland.

Pitt is picked second to last in the ACC.

Not to mention his best recruit just got charged with a felony.

Dead. Man. Walking.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
            Year 5 starting for Capel in Oakland.

Pitt is picked second to last in the ACC.

Not to mention his best recruit just got charged with a felony.

Dead. Man. Walking.
            Year 5 already? Sheesh.

And if they're charging $50 a seat for lower bowl vs Clarion and Edinboro, its going to start feeling like an indoor Pirates game.

I honestly thought this was a home run hire. There's some bad luck along the way. But they're not turning it up either.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

Year 5 already? Sheesh.

And if they're charging $50 a seat for lower bowl vs Clarion and Edinboro, its going to start feeling like an indoor Pirates game.

I honestly thought this was a home run hire. There's some bad luck along the way. But they're not turning it up either.
              There were nights last year IUP was beating them at the gate. I went to a game last season that couldn't have had more than 800 people in there -- regardless what the phony attendance said.

Amazing to think 15 years ago that was the hottest ticket in all of Pittsburgh. It's sad. I used to have season tickets. That was a wild run Pitt had there for a long time. At it's high-water mark, The Pete was probably a Top 5 toughest venue to play inside. It was amazing.

No offense to Edinboro or Clarion, but that really shows how much Pitt wants to get tested. I'd love to see IUP or West Liberty play this Pitt team. Not saying IUP or WL would win, but they'd put a little scare in to them.

Comment

Mount St Marys to the MAAC
                The Mount will have to pick up its recruiting as that will definitely be a step up in competition for them. The Northeast Conference is a weak BB conference. The days when the Mount was a consistent small-college power under Jim Phelan now seem long, long ago.

Comment

• Robert Morris is playing Pitt-Greensburg and West Virginia Wesleyan next week.

That's all.

Comment

Robert Morris is playing Pitt-Greensburg and West Virginia Wesleyan next week.

That's all.
                    They've dropped so low that they might leave those games 1-1.

Comment

• 10/30/22 d2 Lenoir-Rhyne 57 Louisville 47
                      L-R was 10-18 last year

Toledo 100 Findlay 88.

Findlay led at one point 43-27 on good 3 pt shooting and led at half 52-46.
                      toledo was 28-32 fts, while Findlay was 8-15.

Comment

• Edinboro's turn to get beat up for a payday. Pitt wins 92-53. About 1/3 of the 200 people in the Pete (yes really) were wearing Edinboro gear.

Big news of the night though is Hugley and Jeffress are out for the year.

Comment

Edinboro's turn to get beat up for a payday. Pitt wins 92-53. About 1/3 of the 200 people in the Pete (yes really) were wearing Edinboro gear.

Jeffress isn't that big of a loss but Hugley is massive. Jeffress should probably be in the PSAC.

Comment

Jeffress isn't that big of a loss but Hugley is massive. Jeffress should probably be in the PSAC.
                            He's an above average guy off the bench but I never thought he'd be a star.

Last night was the first time I've ever watched Capel coach. The block of seats Pitt set aside for Edinboro fans was on the Pitt bench end of the court. Granted it was an exhibition, but Capel really didn't seem to be paying attention. There were a few times he yelled at his guys without knowing what was going on. Another odd thing - the team really wasn't paying attention then with about 5 minutes remaining started jumping up and cheering at every FG as if they were mounting a comeback. It was a little strange.

Comment

• Originally posted by Columbuseer View Post
                              10/30/22 d2 Lenoir-Rhyne 57 Louisville 47
                              L-R was 10-18 last year

Toledo 100 Findlay 88.

Findlay led at one point 43-27 on good 3 pt shooting and led at half 52-46.
                              toledo was 28-32 fts, while Findlay was 8-15.

I had to check that Lenoir-Rhyne score wasn't a misprint. I'd say Louisville might have a few problems in the ACC this year. Guess they aren't paying the recruits enough these days.

Comment

Edinboro's turn to get beat up for a payday. Pitt wins 92-53. About 1/3 of the 200 people in the Pete (yes really) were wearing Edinboro gear.

That turned out to be a false report.

Jeff Capel said last night that Hugley has been cleared to return but it's going to take some time to get him ready to go, conditioning-wise.

William Jeffress is also off crutches but won't return anytime soon.

With the night Blake Hinson had, Jeffress could be looking at very limited minutes.

Once Hugley is back, he's going to form a pretty nasty duo underneath with Hinson.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X