Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    There may be an opening in Morgantown as early as tomorrow.

Hard to see how Huggins survives this incident.
    That guy has been Teflon for so long. Who knows. He's had major slip ups in the past and always come out with a job (even if it meant leaving Cincy for WVU).

Comment

• Originally posted by Scrub View Post

That guy has been Teflon for so long. Who knows. He's had major slip ups in the past and always come out with a job (even if it meant leaving Cincy for WVU).
      In today's world ... no way they keep him. I get it's backward Morgantown (which still functions like it's the 1950s), but they are going to get EXTREME heat over this one. Twenty years ago he'd have probably survived. Not today.

Comment

In today's world ... no way they keep him. I get it's backward Morgantown (which still functions like it's the 1950s), but they are going to get EXTREME heat over this one. Twenty years ago he'd have probably survived. Not today.
        That's fair. I've never been a Huggy fan, so it wouldn't bother me a bit if they make a change.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scrub View Post

Huggie Bear would sometimes come watch RMU games and on would throw back several.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

Huggie Bear would sometimes come watch RMU games and on would throw back several.
            He’s a professional drinker. Perfect for WVU!

Comment

There are groups in Morgantown already calling for his termination/resignation

https://www.wboy.com/news/monongalia...on-radio-show/

WVU athletics Football and Men's Basketball teams have not been beacons of success recently. Neal Brown has been a disaster but is too expensive to fire just yet. While basketball has missed the tourney 3 of the past 5 years. Though they made the tourney this year Huggins fired his long time assistant during the season so it wasn't all peachy before this. The new AD doesn't have ties to him but may not want to risk loss of booster support while dealing with the Neal Brown anchor on the football side.

If I would put money on it everyone in WVU Athletics gets some training, Huggs donates funds to an LGBTQ+ charity and does some events with the LGBTQ+ community and as long he doesn't say something else stupid maybe gets a short suspension early in the season.

Comment

• Originally posted by The P in IUP View Post

There are groups in Morgantown already calling for his termination/resignation

https://www.wboy.com/news/monongalia...on-radio-show/

WVU athletics Football and Men's Basketball teams have not been beacons of success recently. Neal Brown has been a disaster but is too expensive to fire just yet. While basketball has missed the tourney 3 of the past 5 years. Though they made the tourney this year Huggins fired his long time assistant during the season so it wasn't all peachy before this. The new AD doesn't have ties to him but may not want to risk loss of booster support while dealing with the Neal Brown anchor on the football side.

If I would put money on it everyone in WVU Athletics gets some training, Huggs donates funds to an LGBTQ+ charity and does some events with the LGBTQ+ community and as long he doesn't say something else stupid maybe gets a short suspension early in the season.
                I don't think WVU has that kind of money anymore to force anything other than rightly embarrassing him. Obviously there are some WV yokels who equate f*g with any other juvenile insult. Others who don't seem to recognize the veiled anti-Catholic pejorative tone.

WVU is looking at financial trouble in the future. They're finding ways to cut $75 million.

Comment

I don't think WVU has that kind of money anymore to force anything other than rightly embarrassing him. Obviously there are some WV yokels who equate f*g with any other juvenile insult. Others who don't seem to recognize the veiled anti-Catholic pejorative tone.

WVU is looking at financial trouble in the future. They're finding ways to cut $75 million.
                  How could one be so stupid in today's cancel culture to say "catholic f*gs" not once but twice on a live radio show? We're not talking Johnny Rebel Flag from down in central WV. This is the most famous person in the state. Hard to fathom.

You'd get fired saying that as an employee at Sheetz. I still think there's no way he survives this.

Comment

How could one be so stupid in today's cancel culture to say "catholic f*gs" not once but twice on a live radio show? We're not talking Johnny Rebel Flag from down in central WV. This is the most famous person in the state. Hard to fathom.

You'd get fired saying that as an employee at Sheetz. I still think there's no way he survives this.
                    I'm telling you, he fits right in. No way WVU fires him.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

As an educated West Virginian, I hope you're wrong. But unfortunately, I suspect you're right. (I don't love the notion that backwards aholes fit right in down here, but that might also be wishful thinking on my part. If the shoe fits . . . sigh.)

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

ESPN reports he'll return next year but forfeit $1 Million of his $ 4.2 Million salary

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...-anti-gay-slur

Comment

ESPN reports he'll return next year but forfeit $1 Million of his $ 4.2 Million salary

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...-anti-gay-slur
                          Probably allowed to donate it to Jim Justice's campaign.

For all the joking about inbreeding in WV, the politics is worse. Everyone should Google search the Heather Bresch MBA scandal. Its like there are only so many ambitious people in WV so they're all in cahoots.
                          1. Heather Bresch was an executive for Mylan Pharmaceuticals.
                          2. Mylan Pharmaceuticals was founded by Milan Puskar, the naming rights donor to WVU's stadium.
                          3. WVU's president at the time, Michael Garrison, was a former Mylan lobbyist and a family friend of Bresch and her parents.
                          4. Bresch claimed she had an MBA from WVU but it turns out she had only earned 26 of 48 credits toward the degree.
                          5. West Virginia's governor at the time was Joe Manchin, who happens to be Heather Bresch's father.
                          6. When this was caught, WVU hurredly awarded her an MBA. But people realized this was also false.
                          7. The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette investigated and uncovered. The president, provost, and dean all resigned. Heather Bresch went on to become Mylan CEO and Manchin a Senator.
                          The only thing missing from this story is some extortion from a coal company.
                          Last edited by Fightingscot82; 05-10-2023, 09:36 AM.

Comment

Probably allowed to donate it to Jim Justice's campaign.

For all the joking about inbreeding in WV, the politics is worse. Everyone should Google search the Heather Bresch MBA scandal. Its like there are only so many ambitious people in WV so they're all in cahoots.
                            1. Heather Bresch was an executive for Mylan Pharmaceuticals.
                            2. Mylan Pharmaceuticals was founded by Milan Puskar, the naming rights donor to WVU's stadium.
                            3. WVU's president at the time, Michael Garrison, was a former Mylan lobbyist and a family friend of Bresch and her parents.
                            4. Bresch claimed she had an MBA from WVU but it turns out she had only earned 26 of 48 credits toward the degree.
                            5. West Virginia's governor at the time was Joe Manchin, who happens to be Heather Bresch's father.
                            6. When this was caught, WVU hurredly awarded her an MBA. But people realized this was also false.
                            7. The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette investigated and uncovered. The president, provost, and dean all resigned. Heather Bresch went on to become Mylan CEO and Manchin a Senator.
                            The only thing missing from this story is some extortion from a coal company.

Poverty is a breeding ground for corruption. It is as true in wv as it is in Belize. At one point almost every wv governor from 1950 to1970 had been convicted of corruption. The corruption is just not as sophisticated as other states. Take a look at Congress. Folks on both sides of aisle leave as multi millionaires on a salary that pays $174k in DC. Wv corruption is small potatoes. As americans we need to watch carefully the actions of the deep state and foreign influence peddling. That is corruption at a whole new level.

Yep. Appalachians are the only culture that other folks can safely denigrate, stereotype, and hurl insults much worse than slurs without getting fired.

"Cause everybody's gotta have somebody to look down on
                            Prove they can be better than at any time they please
                            Someone doin' somethin' dirty, decent folks can frown on
                            You can't find nobody else, then help yourself to me"

From Kris Kristofferson song:Jesus was a Capricorn

Comment

• Update from Morgantown:

3 Game Suspension which as the schedule is now would be home games against Missouri State, Monmouth and Jacksonville State.

$1 million drop in Salary which will be sent to WVU LGBTQ+ Center along with other organizations

Contract moved to year by year rather than the multiyear agreement Huggs previously had.

Complete trainings that will address all aspects on inequality.

https://www.wboy.com/goldandbluenati...e-i-have-done/

Comment

Update from Morgantown:

3 Game Suspension which as the schedule is now would be home games against Missouri State, Monmouth and Jacksonville State.

$1 million drop in Salary which will be sent to WVU LGBTQ+ Center along with other organizations

Contract moved to year by year rather than the multiyear agreement Huggs previously had.

Complete trainings that will address all aspects on inequality.

https://www.wboy.com/goldandbluenati...e-i-have-done/
                                Not the worst outcome on both sides and definitely more than I expected.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X