Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    Pitt's game with Florida State is PPD. The Seminoles are ravaged with Covid right now.

The only positive to all these PPD's is each week Champagnie gets closer to returning.
    That is quite correct. I think they bought him 2 and half weeks of healing time while playing only one game since word filtered down of his injury. I also thought I heard someone say that the March Madness tourney could be pushed back a month or so.

I did see an NBA Mock Draft that featured Slam Penny as like the 40th overall pick in the second round. Great. Something else to worry about. But hopefully all of these guys see that it is in their best interests to stay the course at Pitt and earn that degree. The NBA and pro game will always be there later on if you want your shot.

I believe I heard the Pitt-GT game was pushed back one night. I believe that the schedule is already reflective of that.

Comment

• Big Blue Nation dropping the hammer on the Gators.

Comment

Big Blue Nation dropping the hammer on the Gators.
        Nice win for Kentucky. Maybe they can turn the corner here.

A few Pitt notes to ponder---

-Apparently Slam Penny is making fine progress with the injury. He is already back to dunking in practice and accompanied the team on their winning trip to Syracuse the other night.

-One crystal baller prediction that should fill Pitt fans hearts with song is that of standout PG Khalil Brantley being projected to the Panthers. Brantley, who hails from Brooklyn, is a fantastic prospect to say the least. He is class of 2021. Stay tuned for more.

Comment

• Looks like a change of heart before the ink dried.

Oscar Tshiebwe has signed with Kentucky.

Comment

• A name familiar to our level, Sincere Carry, is leaving Duquesne.

The Dukes also lost star recruit Maceo Austin.

What's going on down on the Bluff?

Comment

A name familiar to our level, Sincere Carry, is leaving Duquesne.

The Dukes also lost star recruit Maceo Austin.

What's going on down on the Bluff?
              Maybe fear of the nearby rising blue and gold. LOL.

Did I hear that Ryan Murphy is suiting up for the Dukes?

Comment

Looks like a change of heart before the ink dried.

Oscar Tshiebwe has signed with Kentucky.
                I heard that Pitt was trying to jump in and secure his services. He's a big talent but I kind of like how Capel has seemed to get guys who have so far looked to have a very even keeled character and work ethic. I have no real idea what Oscar's issues really were but I am not that broken up that he is not coming here. Capel has team first type of guys here by and large.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUP CRIMSON HAWKS View Post

Maybe fear of the nearby rising blue and gold. LOL.

Did I hear that Ryan Murphy is suiting up for the Dukes?
                  Yes. Walk-on grad transfer.

Comment

• Pitt vs Georgia Tech PPD

Try again Saturday for another one with Syracuse.

Comment

Pitt vs Georgia Tech PPD

Try again Saturday for another one with Syracuse.
                      Slam Penny has been out for like 3 weeks now and has only missed two games. That is really incredible. Capel vows that he will be back much earlier than the 6-8 weeks.

Crazy season!

Comment

• OT: Rockets trade James Harden to Brooklyn Nets.

Full-blown circus in the Big Apple

Comment

• Duquesne cast-off Sincere Carry is heading to Kent State.

Not exactly a step-up in the academics arena.

Comment

Duquesne cast-off Sincere Carry is heading to Kent State.

Not exactly a step-up in the academics arena.
                            Probably the vast majority of these jokers aren't even aware that academics are a part of college athletics. LOL.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUP CRIMSON HAWKS View Post

Probably the vast majority of these jokers aren't even aware that academics are a part of college athletics. LOL.
                              They're not there to play school! Ever notice that their major isn't included on the roster anymore? There's a reason you have to search for it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

They're not there to play school! Ever notice that their major isn't included on the roster anymore? There's a reason you have to search for it.
                                Looks like Pitt PF frosh John Hugley just declared his major as felony theft as he has been suspended from the Panther program indefinitely. That is really disappointing for anyone who knows his background story and all that he overcame to get to this level. Not sure but I think this may be the first Capel recruit who really got on the wrong side of Big John Law.

Sounds like the charges are officially two felony counts of criminal conspiracy and one felony count of receiving stolen property.

The charges appear to have been filed yesterday. I would hate to have been around Capel when that came down!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X