Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IUP CRIMSON HAWKS View Post

Looks like Pitt PF frosh John Hugley just declared his major as felony theft as he has been suspended from the Panther program indefinitely. That is really disappointing for anyone who knows his background story and all that he overcame to get to this level. Not sure but I think this may be the first Capel recruit who really got on the wrong side of Big John Law.

Sounds like the charges are officially two felony counts of criminal conspiracy and one felony count of receiving stolen property.

The charges appear to have been filed yesterday. I would hate to have been around Capel when that came down!
    W

T

F

Unreal

Comment

Looks like Pitt PF frosh John Hugley just declared his major as felony theft as he has been suspended from the Panther program indefinitely. That is really disappointing for anyone who knows his background story and all that he overcame to get to this level. Not sure but I think this may be the first Capel recruit who really got on the wrong side of Big John Law.

Sounds like the charges are officially two felony counts of criminal conspiracy and one felony count of receiving stolen property.

The charges appear to have been filed yesterday. I would hate to have been around Capel when that came down!
      Yikes. Felony theft is usually triggered by the value of what was stolen. I believe the threshold is $2,500. That's pretty easy to do in one swipe of, say, a MacBook.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

Yikes. Felony theft is usually triggered by the value of what was stolen. I believe the threshold is $2,500. That's pretty easy to do in one swipe of, say, a MacBook.
        Wonder if Mr. Hughley has enrolled at Slippery Rock yet?

Comment

• Sounds like the Hughley incident happened July 19.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

Apparently it was a freaking car. There is video of him driving it around Forbes and getting out of it. Apparently it was boosted from a female friend of Noah Collier and William Jeffress (I don't believe they are suspected of any wrong doing). There is mention that it may have been a friend of Hugley's who may have actually stole it. Not sure on that yet. Apparently they stole someone else plates and put it on said car.

Oh, man, I bet they had to hold Capel's azz back!

If I were Capel I would go down to the nearest sporting goods store and buy a quality baseball bat and turn it over to Au'Diese Toney and lock him in the same room with Big John for a half hour. Capel said last week that guys on the team are afraid of Toney. He is one crazy mofo. Trey McGowens found that out the hard way last season and took off for Nebraska after his punch to the face.

Hugley worked his tail off to get to this point and overcame so much. This is really hard to take.

But as one Pitt booster said-----at least nobody can accuse the Pitt program of handing out cars to lure players to campus. LOL.

So, let's review here----

-Femi met his own version of Dead Man's Curve on his motor scooter last summer and broke his arm severely enough that it needed surgery.

-Big John needed a ride and engaged in grand theft auto.

-Slam Penny was having a breakout season and got hurt in freakin practice to the tune of 6-8 weeks.

-The coach came down with Covid.

-Multiple players missed the Syracuse game with Covid concerns.

I guess other than all of that things have gone pretty well. Good God!

Comment

Apparently it was a freaking car. There is video of him driving it around Forbes and getting out of it. Apparently it was boosted from a female friend of Noah Collier and William Jeffress (I don't believe they are suspected of any wrong doing). There is mention that it may have been a friend of Hugley's who may have actually stole it. Not sure on that yet. Apparently they stole someone else plates and put it on said car.

Oh, man, I bet they had to hold Capel's azz back!

If I were Capel I would go down to the nearest sporting goods store and buy a quality baseball bat and turn it over to Au'Diese Toney and lock him in the same room with Big John for a half hour. Capel said last week that guys on the team are afraid of Toney. He is one crazy mofo. Trey McGowens found that out the hard way last season and took off for Nebraska after his punch to the face.

Hugley worked his tail off to get to this point and overcame so much. This is really hard to take.

But as one Pitt booster said-----at least nobody can accuse the Pitt program of handing out cars to lure players to campus. LOL.

So, let's review here----

-Femi met his own version of Dead Man's Curve on his motor scooter last summer and broke his arm severely enough that it needed surgery.

-Big John needed a ride and engaged in grand theft auto.

-Slam Penny was having a breakout season and got hurt in freakin practice to the tune of 6-8 weeks.

-The coach came down with Covid.

-Multiple players missed the Syracuse game with Covid concerns.

I guess other than all of that things have gone pretty well. Good God!
              If felony theft sticks ... his next basketball game will be in the 'yard' somewhere. That's a charge that comes with some time upstate.

We'll see if it sticks or gets plead down. Regardless, his time in Oakland is (highly) likely finished.

Comment

• H2P dropped a smackdown on Syracuse today ... put up 98 on the once-famous zone.

Two things: Pitt isn't bad. The Orange are nearing rock bottom.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
                  H2P dropped a smackdown on Syracuse today ... put up 98 on the once-famous zone.

Two things: Pitt isn't bad. The Orange are nearing rock bottom.
                  Big win for the Panthers today as they advance their record to 7-2 overall and 3-1 in the ACC.

Slam Penny made his return and is on the verge of being basketball royalty. 24 points and 16 boards. He made some really incredible things happen out there.

Xavier was epic. 23 points to go along with seven assists and six boards with only two turnovers.

Horton with 20 points and hitting on five treys and grabbing six rebounds.

Toney with 18 points and five boards.

Freshman Femi Odukale really put forth some very quality minutes by dishing out 8 assists and scoring five points with zero turnovers. He was a huge help to free up Xavier.

Once again, Karim Coulibaly does not jump out at you from the stat sheet but he just does a lot of the little things that can really add up to something very positive. Four points, three boards, two assists, and one block while keeping his personal fouls down to three really did aid the Pitt effort more than one could imagine. Pitt has found a solid contributor here at forward who knows what his role is and is willing to play it.

I'm usually of the persuasion that every time I see the Orange play that I am always so impressed with them and always say they are without question a Sweet 16 team. That certainly was not the case today. Alan Griffin looked very good and was among the best players on the court all day along with Slam Penny and Xavier. Quincy Guerrier not bad either. Marek Dolezaj spent the day under pressure and laying on the court. He probably wished he were back in his native Slovakia. LOL.

I think several big differences that we are seeing this year is having some upperclassmen with experience and having some very quality depth supplied to them by the freshman class. Those two ingredients were really missing the past several years.

Looks like Pitt will next tangle with Duke on Tuesday night at 9 PM if all goes well. Game at the Pete.

Comment

Big win for the Panthers today as they advance their record to 7-2 overall and 3-1 in the ACC.

Slam Penny made his return and is on the verge of being basketball royalty. 24 points and 16 boards. He made some really incredible things happen out there.

Xavier was epic. 23 points to go along with seven assists and six boards with only two turnovers.

Horton with 20 points and hitting on five treys and grabbing six rebounds.

Toney with 18 points and five boards.

Freshman Femi Odukale really put forth some very quality minutes by dishing out 8 assists and scoring five points with zero turnovers. He was a huge help to free up Xavier.

Once again, Karim Coulibaly does not jump out at you from the stat sheet but he just does a lot of the little things that can really add up to something very positive. Four points, three boards, two assists, and one block while keeping his personal fouls down to three really did aid the Pitt effort more than one could imagine. Pitt has found a solid contributor here at forward who knows what his role is and is willing to play it.

I'm usually of the persuasion that every time I see the Orange play that I am always so impressed with them and always say they are without question a Sweet 16 team. That certainly was not the case today. Alan Griffin looked very good and was among the best players on the court all day along with Slam Penny and Xavier. Quincy Guerrier not bad either. Marek Dolezaj spent the day under pressure and laying on the court. He probably wished he were back in his native Slovakia. LOL.

I think several big differences that we are seeing this year is having some upperclassmen with experience and having some very quality depth supplied to them by the freshman class. Those two ingredients were really missing the past several years.

Looks like Pitt will next tangle with Duke on Tuesday night at 9 PM if all goes well. Game at the Pete.

Slam Penny gonna be an NBA jump risk.

I hope he stays one more year.

He's one of the best players in the country.

Comment

Slam Penny gonna be an NBA jump risk.

I hope he stays one more year.

He's one of the best players in the country.
                      Yeah, right now it is hard to picture him NOT being a part of the All-America teams that come out in March. He is incredible to watch. And to think that the guy was only a three-star recruit.

I really hope he will stick around another year. Why jump into the draft if your projected to be a second rounder or very late first rounder? Another year he could get into that lottery or at worst the middle of the first round. But it does seem to be strange actually having a conversation like this about a Pitt player. It has been awhile to say the least.

Comment

Yeah, right now it is hard to picture him NOT being a part of the All-America teams that come out in March. He is incredible to watch. And to think that the guy was only a three-star recruit.

I really hope he will stick around another year. Why jump into the draft if your projected to be a second rounder or very late first rounder? Another year he could get into that lottery or at worst the middle of the first round. But it does seem to be strange actually having a conversation like this about a Pitt player. It has been awhile to say the least.
                        NBA money is insane. The 10th man makes $5m a year. If he projects as a Round 1 ... he's gone. Round 1 gets the guarantee.

He's a double-double machine in D1. His size is an issue in the NBA. Those 6'5" forwards can work in college. Not so much in the League.

Comment

NBA money is insane. The 10th man makes $5m a year. If he projects as a Round 1 ... he's gone. Round 1 gets the guarantee.

He's a double-double machine in D1. His size is an issue in the NBA. Those 6'5" forwards can work in college. Not so much in the League.
                          I don't see him as a round 1 right now. He doesn't do near enough away from the hoop. NBA first rounders can shoot also. He still hasn't mastered his shooting touch.

Comment

• Duke, BC and North Carolina up next.

If ever a year they had a shot against Duke and NC ... this is it.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

I don't see him as a round 1 right now. He doesn't do near enough away from the hoop. NBA first rounders can shoot also. He still hasn't mastered his shooting touch.
                              I have to agree with your assessment here. He certainly needs to build his body up more for the NBA. And as you say---he has not yet proven the consistent outside shot. He actually seems to do less and less of it now that he has found his thing inside. His time will come but hopefully he will stick around Oakland for a time and raise his draft stock.

Comment

Duke, BC and North Carolina up next.

If ever a year they had a shot against Duke and NC ... this is it.
                                Pitt actually was 2-0 against Coach Deputy Dog and his vaunted Tar Heels last season.

I'll be surprised if Coach K isn't screaming about covid this week. Pitt played very tough against Duke last year. They just might take them down this year.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X