Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Hood-Schifino decommitted from Pitt. His recruitment is open.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
    New Haven is kicking the tires on a move to D1

https://www.courant.com/sports/colle...7vu-story.html
    Sounds like a matter of time.

I wish another school I know would consider it again.

Leave a comment:

• Fightingscot82
    replied
    New Haven is kicking the tires on a move to D1

https://www.courant.com/sports/colle...7vu-story.html

Leave a comment:

• IUP CRIMSON HAWKS
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    Pitt's players can report this weekend.

"Voluntary" workouts can start next week.
    I thought I read that somewhere a week or two back. But then thought it was just football players. Hope you're right. They really need to get those New York guys out of Covid-19 Central. I think July 20 is the official date when teams can start formally working out together.

-

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Pitt's players can report this weekend.

"Voluntary" workouts can start next week.

Leave a comment:

• IUP CRIMSON HAWKS
    replied

Sibande would be a huge addition this season.
    Absolutely! And then there is part of me that would actually like to save him for 2021-22 when Pitt is likely a bona fide NCAA tourney team. Plus, the way things are going with all the Covid stuff this might not be a bad season for players to sit out to be honest.

-

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by IUP CRIMSON HAWKS View Post
    A few Pitt hoops tidbits to add---

-Newly signed transfer Nike Sibande will wear #22 for the Panthers (wore #1 for Miami). He is putting in for a waiver from the NCAA to gain eligibility for this season.

-2022 Pitt commit and top 40 national recruit Jalen Hood-Schifino is transferring to Montverde Academy for his last two years of high school. Although I am sure many Pitt fans will be hopeful of him reclassifying after this season.

-Pitt hoops players are currently slated to return to campus on July 20 and to be able to work out with the coaching staff.

-
    Sibande would be a huge addition this season.

Leave a comment:

• IUP CRIMSON HAWKS
    replied
    A few Pitt hoops tidbits to add---

-Newly signed transfer Nike Sibande will wear #22 for the Panthers (wore #1 for Miami). He is putting in for a waiver from the NCAA to gain eligibility for this season.

-2022 Pitt commit and top 40 national recruit PG Jalen Hood-Schifino is transferring to Montverde Academy for his last two years of high school. Although I am sure many Pitt fans will be hopeful of him reclassifying after this season.

-Pitt hoops players are currently slated to return to campus on July 20 and to be able to work out with the coaching staff.

-

Leave a comment:

• IUP CRIMSON HAWKS
    replied
    Big news out of Oakland this afternoon as Pitt lands a top transfer in SG Nike Sibande out of Miami of Ohio. Sibande started 94 out of 97 games the past three seasons for Miami and averaged an impressive 15 ppg scoring clip as well as 5 boards per game. He is 6-4 and plays primarily at the two or three position. He shot only 33 percent from behind the arc but a look at the tape shows that he earns his crust by focusing on being a penetrator to the hoop. He is a darn good one, too. Very impressive athleticism to say the least. The only down side is that he is NOT a grad transfer and his availability this season would hinge upon Pitt being granted a waiver for him to play. With the Covid-19 crisis going on anything is possible I suppose.

But a VERY NICE get for Jeff Capel and company!

-

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

I'd be shocked. Outside of basketball, IUP isn't funding anywhere near the D2 limits in any sport. Since they can't coupon their way to the D2 limits, doesn't make sense to join a league where everyone else is playing with Monopoly money.
    They aren't going anywhere. But ... logical choice in the rumor-mill.

Leave a comment:

• Fightingscot82
    replied

This didn't take long ... just saw IUP mentioned as a target.
    I'd be shocked. Outside of basketball, IUP isn't funding anywhere near the D2 limits in any sport. Since they can't coupon their way to the D2 limits, doesn't make sense to join a league where everyone else is playing with Monopoly money.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

Honestly that's a good question. Maybe New Haven? They don't really want to come east and they need a football member. But the NE-10 well is running dry.

This didn't take long ... just saw IUP mentioned as a target.

Leave a comment:

• Fightingscot82
    replied

Wonder who the NEC will seek as a replacement.
    Honestly that's a good question. Maybe New Haven? They don't really want to come east and they need a football member. But the NE-10 well is running dry.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    I wouldn't be surprised if Wright State dropped down to D2. Right now only two Ohio state schools play below D1 (Central State and Shawnee State).

It looks like RMU football will follow former NEC member Monmouth into the Big South conference. That's good for them. Better competition and some opponents with name recognition to all the DMV kids they have. They also announced an agreement to play Miami U in 2022.
    Wonder who the NEC will seek as a replacement.

Leave a comment:

• Fightingscot82
    replied
    I wouldn't be surprised if Wright State dropped down to D2. Right now only two Ohio state schools play below D1 (Central State and Shawnee State).

It looks like RMU football will follow former NEC member Monmouth into the Big South conference. That's good for them. Better competition and some opponents with name recognition to all the DMV kids they have. They also announced an agreement to play Miami U in 2022.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X