Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Landing Spot, Former SRU Coach

For those who have been politicking for the #freekevinreynolds movement, we have a landing spot...

Texas A&M, Corpus Christi, Dtr of Basketball Operations. They are a D1 team, play in the Southland Conference.

I'm glad he landed. Good for him.

Not sure if this info has been posted, but I never saw it..
    Kevin Reynolds was named the Islanders' Director of Men's Basketball Operations in September of 2019. Prior to arriving at Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi,

Originally posted by IUP Extra Mile View Post
    For those who have been politicking for the #freekevinreynolds movement, we have a landing spot...

Texas A&M, Corpus Christi, Dtr of Basketball Operations. They are a D1 team, play in the Southland Conference.

I'm glad he landed. Good for him.

Not sure if this info has been posted, but I never saw it..

Comment

I'd guess there is a connection to his past within the program there. It is an odd landing spot for sure.

Comment

Its steady and means that he won't be subject to travelling on the recruiting circuit. DBO is a pumped up version of the secretary/office administrator role of years past. He'll book travel, handle correspondence, and be the liaison to visiting teams (or when the team travels). Stays in the game, makes some new contacts, but doesn't wear himself down.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

I'd guess there is a connection to his past within the program there. It is an odd landing spot for sure.
          I was surprised too. Either he wanted a break from coaching or he couldn't land a coaching gig? I am assuming the former.

Comment

Originally posted by Golden89 View Post

I was surprised too. Either he wanted a break from coaching or he couldn't land a coaching gig? I am assuming the former.
            Still being on the rock payroll this year and next probably helps.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Still being on the rock payroll this year and next probably helps.
              Yeah was going to say, I think getting paid handsomely by Slippery Rock was probably a driving factor in his decision to make this move. Nevertheless, I'm happy for KR

Comment

Originally posted by PSACfan1 View Post

Yeah was going to say, I think getting paid handsomely by Slippery Rock was probably a driving factor in his decision to make this move. Nevertheless, I'm happy for KR
                He's a good guy and a good coach. The off-court KR is very different than the on-court KR.

I wouldn't be shocked if we see him again down the road.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                Working...
                X