3. West Chester (1)
    4. Millersville
    5. Kutztown
    6. Lock Haven
    7. Shepherd
    8. Bloomsburg
    9. Mansfield

On the West side:

Little surprised to see Slippery Rock ahead of UPJ. There's one very big question out there around SRU -- and that's when will they be back to full strength. Will it be mid-DEC or mid-JAN ?

Sleeper-wise, Gannon and Edinboro could catch some people off guard this year. Edinboro's post players are again a concern but on the right night they could light up the scoreboard on you. Pat Cleary teams just don't play any defense. At all. I see both being 'upset worthy' this year. Gannon has some good athletes. The question will be how they transition from JR's style to the more up-tempo style.

If UPJ is ever going to dethrone IUP ... this is their best shot. However, it won't be easy.
    Last edited by IUPbigINDIANS; 10-24-2019, 01:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
      On the West side:

Little surprised to see Slippery Rock ahead of UPJ. There's one very big question out there around SRU -- and that's when will they be back to full strength. Will it be mid-DEC or mid-JAN ?

Sleeper-wise, Gannon and Edinboro could catch some people off guard this year. Edinboro's post players are again a concern but on the right night they could light up the scoreboard on you. Pat Cleary teams just don't play any defense. At all. I see both being 'upset worthy' this year. Gannon has some good athletes. The question will be how they transition from JR's style to the more up-tempo style.

If UPJ is ever going to de-thrown IUP ... this is their best shot. However, it won't be easy.
      I seldom play the spelling Nazi, but "de-thrown?" C'mon, man.

Comment

Good old Joe gave UPJ the first place vote. Who gave UPJ the other?

Comment

Originally posted by IUPalum View Post
          Good old Joe gave UPJ the first place vote. Who gave UPJ the other?
          Probably his other buddy in Erie.

Comment

Duke 69
            NWMS 63

Final

Comment

Since the PSAC doesn't do the Preseason All-Conference Teams any longer, ... Here's a guess:

East Player of the Year: Jake Biss (guard, Shippensburg). Entering his junior season he could be poised for an All-America season.

West Player of the Year: ?

Malik Miller (IUP) is certainly a candidate. However, Joe has a bevy of guards (Armoni Foster, David Morris, Shawndale Jones). I'm not sure Malik will get the stats to win such an award.

Micah Till (SRU) would have probably been a front-runner but will miss 10 games.

Josh Wise (UPJ) will be a stat machine and should have a tremendous senior season.

Anthony Coleman and Jaryn Simpson (Edinboro) will both put up massive numbers this year.

Brent Pegram (Cal) may be the best true PG in the West.

John Paul Krompka (UPJ) is a stat machine in the low post.

Nathan Davis (Seton Hill) may score 30 ppg this year.

Comment

Totally off the subject here but I just saw former Le Moyne coach (and new Niagara coach) Patrick Beilein has resigned (prior to coaching his first game).

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                Working...
                X