X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment

• Go ESU!!

Comment

• And that's supposed to ingratiate you to those of us here who follow DII basketball all year long?

Let's just put a few facts out there:

1. IUP is the best team in the region right now, so the IUP posters aren't just acting as such. They have a right to believe the region is IUP's to lose. As of this moment, their team has earned that #1 in the region distinction.

2. Posters previously mentioned that a team (WSSU) that wasn't in the dance a week ago, has played its way into the dance by winning a conference tourney. By definition, then, WSSU is taking the place of another team that put together a tournament-worthy season. That's not disrespect; that's a fact. Without the conference tourney win, WSSU's season was over.

3. You're absolutely right that once the tournament starts, it doesn't matter how you got there--everyone has an equal chance to win the thing. So, if WSSU is playing its best basketball at the right time of the year, Ram fans have every right to be excited heading into the tournament. And the Rams will have an opportunity to prove it on the court. That's all any fan base can ask.

Comment

• Got smashed? You barely beat IUP that day.

Then your foosball program went back to being nothing while we are still a ranked program and you play on the infield of a race track. Yay.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

Got smashed? You barely beat IUP that day.

Then your foosball program went back to being nothing while we are still a ranked program and you play on the infield of a race track. Yay.
            And the Nation has risen!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Scrub View Post

And that's supposed to ingratiate you to those of us here who follow DII basketball all year long?

Let's just put a few facts out there:

1. IUP is the best team in the region right now, so the IUP posters aren't just acting as such. They have a right to believe the region is IUP's to lose. As of this moment, their team has earned that #1 in the region distinction.

2. Posters previously mentioned that a team (WSSU) that wasn't in the dance a week ago, has played its way into the dance by winning a conference tourney. By definition, then, WSSU is taking the place of another team that put together a tournament-worthy season. That's not disrespect; that's a fact. Without the conference tourney win, WSSU's season was over.

3. You're absolutely right that once the tournament starts, it doesn't matter how you got there--everyone has an equal chance to win the thing. So, if WSSU is playing its best basketball at the right time of the year, Ram fans have every right to be excited heading into the tournament. And the Rams will have an opportunity to prove it on the court. That's all any fan base can ask.

This is my opinion. WSSU might be the best team in the CIAA. (And yes, I'm a VSU fan). That being said WSSU and VSU are #7 and #8 seeds which is where they should be. So kudos to the committee.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

Got smashed? You barely beat IUP that day.

Back to being nothing. Has IUP made a National Championship game? Yall get blasted out of region in Football. Just like in Basketball.

PSAC plays in Conference and looks strong and always gets exposed in Playoffs whether it's Basketball or Football.

Has PSAC ever won a National Title in Basketball. CIAA has.

Comment

• Originally posted by willicor View Post

Back to being nothing. Has IUP made a National Championship game? Yall get blasted out of region in Football. Just like in Basketball.

PSAC plays in Conference and looks strong and always gets exposed in Playoffs whether it's Basketball or Football.

Comment

• Being that Virginia Union won in 2005, 1992, and 1980 and NCCU won in 1989. Yeh I was alive.

Were you alive when PSAC won? Oops, never happened.

I see why yall don't want to talk History.

Comment

Being that Virginia Union won in 2005, 1992, and 1980 and NCCU won in 1989. Yeh I was alive.

Saw two of those teams play. Gannon beat VUU in 1992 and lost to NCCU in 89.

Comment

Being that Virginia Union won in 2005, 1992, and 1980 and NCCU won in 1989. Yeh I was alive.

I guess where I was going with that was, what the heck has your team ever won? Zero, nadda, nothing!!! IUP has got to the national title twice and elite 8 numerous times. Your team... zero!!!

Comment

Other than Cheyney in 1978, there has never been a PSAC team that's won a men's basketball national championship.
                          Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

History is wonderful, but this year Virginia Union lost to Ship and East Stroud by double digits and managed a two-point homecourt win over Shepherd, who went 10-12 in the PSAC this season. The past is the past.

Comment

• Do you mean other conferences can come in here now and tell IUP that the sun doesn't rise and set with them?

What a concept ... takes a load off our plate.

Comment

• Originally posted by jrshooter View Post
                                Do you mean other conferences can come in here now and tell IUP that the sun doesn't rise and set with them?

What a concept ... takes a load off our plate.
                                Interesting comment

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X