Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

If Ship goes 3-0 they'll be in the Top 5-10 in the following poll. I think it's certainly possible as you get two of them at home, but it will obviously be difficult. IUP/UPJ is a very difficult back-to-back. ESU had to do it earlier and got walloped in both games. Granted, I think Ship is a much better team than ESU.

Virginia State is still (barely) above .500 so that loss isn't going to hurt too, too bad as of now. If they go under .500 and being you lost at home it will have more of a negative on the metrics. That said, I think they'll eventually get hot and make a big run. They have too much talent to remain near .500.
    Virginia State reminds me of this year's San Antonio Spurs. If you follow NBA basketball and have seen the Spurs this year you will know what I mean.

Comment

Originally posted by GoVSUTrojans View Post

Virginia State reminds me of this year's San Antonio Spurs. If you follow NBA basketball and have seen the Spurs this year you will know what I mean.
      Yeah, I thought VSU played very good defense up at Ship and was shocked to see they recently got into two games with more than 100 points scored, one of which they won and won of which they lost. What was the deal with that? Did they get caught up in a pressing game with a run-and-gun team or something?

Comment

If Ship goes 3-0 they'll be in the Top 5-10 in the following poll. I think it's certainly possible as you get two of them at home, but it will obviously be difficult. IUP/UPJ is a very difficult back-to-back. ESU had to do it earlier and got walloped in both games. Granted, I think Ship is a much better team than ESU.

Virginia State is still (barely) above .500 so that loss isn't going to hurt too, too bad as of now. If they go under .500 and being you lost at home it will have more of a negative on the metrics. That said, I think they'll eventually get hot and make a big run. They have too much talent to remain near .500.
        As I said in another post, I wouldn't be shocked if they won all three or lost all three (although obviously I'd be disappointed with the latter). This team plays good defense and hits the boards well, but the shooting seems more streaky than in the past few years. We got very spoiled for a couple of years with guys like Sleva, McArthur, Kellam and others making a bundle of threes game after game. It's easy to forget that this isn't always the norm. For this year's team, I've seen Biss, Castello, Talley, and Dom Sleva get hot at different times, but so far it's been less of a sure thing than in past seasons. Carlos Carter has started to come on as a viable scoring option, and the team is pretty solid up to 8-9 men deep. It should be an interesting week of BB, and I am glad we have the UPJ and IUP games at home.

I don't know what's going on with VSU. They played very tight defense against Ship (aided by the Raiders' worst shooting effort in nine years) and yet recently got beat in a game in which both teams scored over 100. Sounds like the other team forced them into a tempo they weren't comfortable playing, maybe ala West Liberty, but I didn't see the game and really have no idea.

Comment

Two good games in the Atlantic today.

Le Moyne visits Mercyhurst. Le Moyne is the best .500 team around. They've played a brutal schedule and took both Daemen and IUP to the wire.

West Virginia State at West Liberty ... Never want WL coming off a loss but WVSU is a capable team.

And tomorrow is the one all have been waiting for ... Bethany College at IUP. Note: sarcasm.

Comment

Le Moyne won at Mercyhurst by 10 points.

Comment

Le Moyne won at Mercyhurst by 10 points.
              Additional men's results:

Wilmington beat Kutztown in a tight one

St. Bonaventure 75 Gannon 50

Comment

West Virginia Wesleyan did it again yesterday. They were getting blown out of the building versus Notre Dame ... trailing 51-30 at halftime. From there WVW stormed back and eventually won the game in OT.

These crazy one half performances are becoming their trademark. They dazzled at IUP for the first 20 minutes and then got blown out. They rocked WL and ND in the second half for wins after getting walloped the first 20 minutes.

I've said it a few times ... if they learn to play a full 40 minutes ... that would be a very dangerous team. They have size, skill, shooters, athletes. It's all there. These no-shows for entire periods are baffling.

Comment

Atlantic Region (thru games 12/15) / Men's

TEAM LEAGUE CONFERENCE OVERALL STREAK THIS WEEK
                  UNDEFEATED
                  West Chester PSAC 3-0 9-0 W9 Slippery Rock
                  IUP PSAC 3-0 8-0 W8 @Shep, @Ship
                  One Loss
                  Shippensburg PSAC 3-0 7-1 W6 @FSU, UPJ, IUP
                  Fayetteville State CIAA 2-1 9-1 L1 ECS, @Lincoln, @Bowie
                  Two Losses
                  Glenville State MEC 5-1 8-2 W4 Salem
                  Charleston MEC 4-2 8-2 W3 @AB
                  Fairmont State MEC 4-2 7-2 L1 Shippensburg
                  UPJ PSAC 2-1 8-2 L1 @Ship, @LH
                  Johnson C. Smith CIAA 1-1 7-2 W2 @VU, @VSU

Comment

This week's D2SIDA Regional Poll is out. Here's is the Men's side:
                    1. IUP (5) PSAC 8-0
                    2. West Chester PSAC 9-0
                    3. Shippensburg PSAC 7-1
                    4. Fayetteville State CIAA 10-1
                    5. Charleston MEC 8-2
                    6. Glenville State MEC 8-2
                    7. Fairmont State MEC 7-2
                    8. West Liberty MEC 7-3
                    9. Pitt-Johnstown PSAC 8-2
                    10. Johnson C. Smith CIAA 7-2

Big game tonight down at Fairmont State as Shippensburg visits.

Comment

And it's official . . . For the first time in 9 years, WLU is merely "receiving votes" as opposed to actually ranked. Time to build it back up!

IUP jumps to #3 (leapfrogging St. Crutch along the way). And West Chester continues to climb to #14.

Comment

Women's Top 25

7. Virginia Union
                        9. California
                        11. IUP
                        23. Bowie State

Comment

This week's D2SIDA Regional Poll is out. Here's is the Men's side:
                          1. IUP (5) PSAC 8-0
                          2. West Chester PSAC 9-0
                          3. Shippensburg PSAC 7-1
                          4. Fayetteville State CIAA 10-1
                          5. Charleston MEC 8-2
                          6. Glenville State MEC 8-2
                          7. Fairmont State MEC 7-2
                          8. West Liberty MEC 7-3
                          9. Pitt-Johnstown PSAC 8-2
                          10. Johnson C. Smith CIAA 7-2

Big game tonight down at Fairmont State as Shippensburg visits.
                          Yup. Every team Ship plays this week is on this list. Should be interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

Yup. Every team Ship plays this week is on this list. Should be interesting.
                            I like Ship by double digits tonight. IUP held a better FSU team last year down there to 59 points. I look for Ship to suffocate them and dominate under the basket. Call your bookie. Ship wins tonight. Big.

Comment

I like Ship by double digits tonight. IUP held a better FSU team last year down there to 59 points. I look for Ship to suffocate them and dominate under the basket. Call your bookie. Ship wins tonight. Big.
                              It's getting away from Ship, down 75-68 with 2:49 left. Biss has had a terrible shooting night.

Comment

84-72 final, Fairmont State. 27 points for Dale Bonner. Castello with 23 in defeat.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X