• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    Glenville State 86
    IUP 79

Glenville went 24-26 at the line.
    GSC WBB has always been a tough game. IUP would have encountered the PIONEERS last spring if the VULCANS hadn't been able to take them down. New respect for WCU who beat them last SUNDAY in WV.

Comment

VULCANS WBB got by FAIRMONT 91-77. When I say "got by" the game was tied 62-62 at the end of 3. Apparently they were able again to assert themselves when it mattered out-scoring the FALCONS 29-15 in the 4th qtr. I was sooo wrong about MONICA BURNS who led with 28 pts & 7rbs, followed by BIANCA JASPER with 21 and 11assists. Rounding out the scoring were ALLEN 16/8Rbs and HUDSON 11/7Rbs.
      This team still scares me because they're giving up about a dozen pts a game more than their usual 60-65. Either they haven't caught on to the STROM SYSTEM yet, or they simply don't have the defensive skills necessary. Unless you run like crazy ( they're not, shots were even @ 70) depending on hot streaks to pull through can lead to stupid upsets. Tonight the difference was FT. 18-21 for CAL U to 3-4 for FSU and that's the final point difference. I need to track down the reaction of the FALCONS coaches, former VULCANS STEPHANIE MICHAEL and MIKI GLENN, to get their feelings about that discrepancy.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
      Working...
      X