Southern

Fayetteville State (3-0)
    Livingstone (2-1)
    Johnson C. Smith (2-1)
    Shaw (3-2)
    St. Augustine's (1-1)
    Winston-Salem State (2-2)
    Claflin (1-2)

VSU- Already two bad loses. It's going to be a long season.

Comment

Dang ... 3-3 now at VSU ... What's going on down there?

Comment

Still early. Started out 4-3 last year. Different team and guard play is not great right now. Saw some things last night and they will be fine. Six games on the road to start the season has to be tough. Finally get a home game this weekend so ill get to see them in peraon. Should be able to better evaluate.

Comment

Originally posted by kjb0615 View Post
          Still early. Started out 4-3 last year. Different team and guard play is not great right now. Saw some things last night and they will be fine. Six games on the road to start the season has to be tough. Finally get a home game this weekend so ill get to see them in peraon. Should be able to better evaluate.
          They played with much more energy last night against Claflin

Comment

I happen to be looking at the D2 women's basketball rankings. BTW I think WBB is definitely more exciting at the D2 level than the men. IMO.

What did I see?
            Lincoln is ranked! Not in top 25 but honorable mention.
            What!?!
            They are 7-1.

Can we start talking about CIAA being a stronger WBB conference than the PSAC?

This season will be crazy in the CIAA on the women's side.

Comment

WBB in most conferences have atleast 4 good teams with 2 being very good. The other 2 can possibly beat the top tier but not on a consistent basis. VUU and Bowie is the class of WBB in the CIAA right now with Lincoln and JCSU being right there with them. I have to say that the level of play in WBB has gotten better in the CIAA and it makes for some very good and exciting games. VSU girls is just a step below right now IMO but they seem to be playing better as of late. A ton of new players and the coach is starting to figure out the right combination of lineups. I'm happy for Lincoln and I hope that they continue their success in WBB.

Comment

I'm happy for Lincoln too. This should be an exciting CIAA WBB tournament.

We have a lady (Jones I belive is her name) on our VSU WBB team that reminds me of the lady Shaw had when they made their run to the NCAA finals. I'm interested to see if coach Hill uses her more.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                Working...
                X