Clear All

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    What happened to Cal in 2nd half?
    Well, as we say out here, Ship happens.

Comment

Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

Well, as we say out here, Ship happens.
      OK ... set myself up for that one.

I was looking for the nuts-bolts answer. Last I checked the game was like 1 point with 10 mins left. WTH happened in those last 9 mins?

Comment

The grand wizzard up in Erie got smoked in the final 5 mins in West Chester tonight.

WCU looked real good down the stretch. The old man, Timmy Toro, took over. Good for him. Very underrated player.

Comment

OK ... set myself up for that one.

I was looking for the nuts-bolts answer. Last I checked the game was like 1 point with 10 mins left. WTH happened in those last 9 mins?
          50-28 rebounding advantage had a lot to do with that. Look at the pieces, and this is still a seasoned club. Castello, Biss, Talley. Carlos Carter is playing a big man's game, and you "round out" the five with a D-I transfer in Luke Nedrow.

I wasn't there, but I imagine Heiges got even more fired up with the women beating No. 9 Cal. That's the biggest win they've had in a while. They're finally finding some support around Ariel Jones.

Comment

Originally posted by jrshooter View Post

50-28 rebounding advantage had a lot to do with that. Look at the pieces, and this is still a seasoned club. Castello, Biss, Talley. Carlos Carter is playing a big man's game, and you "round out" the five with a D-I transfer in Luke Nedrow.

I wasn't there, but I imagine Heiges got even more fired up with the women beating No. 9 Cal. That's the biggest win they've had in a while. They're finally finding some support around Ariel Jones.
            Nedrow was a D2 guy all along so calling him a D1 transfer doesn't carry much weight.

Huge win for the ladies.

How Joe let Carlos leave Indiana ... still baffles me.

Comment

Yeah, you're right about Nedrow. Good for this level.

Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post
              WEEK 5 FINALS...
              UPJ. 78. BLOOM. 94
              SHU. 80. LHU. 86
              GU. 82. KUTZ. 86. OT
              SRU. 80. SHEP. 83. OT
              CLAR. 59. ESU. 70
              IUP. 76. MANS 63
              CAL U. 60. SHIP. 79
              BORO 83. MILL 91. OT
              MC. 73. WCU 74. OT
              Heh-heh. West team listed first in each score. Does that say it all? The state doesn't end at the Turnpike tunnels, as the 8-1 East advantage might indicate.

Comment

Heh-heh. West team listed first in each score. Does that say it all? The state doesn't end at the Turnpike tunnels, amigo. ;)
                Lol ... yeah the W got its a$$ whipped today on the female side.

Comment

Nedrow was a D2 guy all along so calling him a D1 transfer doesn't carry much weight.

Huge win for the ladies.

How Joe let Carlos leave Indiana ... still baffles me.
                  Well, he did transfer from a Division I school. Usually guys moving to Division II aren't doing so because they think they'll be a stud at Division I, so you could say that about most guys who transfer down a division. He gives Ship some good depth in the front line. Coach Fite seems to have good connections to the West (Carter, Biss, Castello, the Slevas etc.). Unusual for him to bring in two transfers this year as he usually likes to get the frosh and develop them. Looks like they just started hitting shots in the second half today. I was present for their only loss this season and they actually played pretty well, but couldn't hit the broad side of a barn that game. To play Captain Obvious, you don't win games unless you make shots.
                  Last edited by Ship69; 12-09-2019, 11:20 AM.

Comment

East 8, West 1. IUP with only win.

Comment

Originally posted by Golden89 View Post
                      East 8, West 1. IUP with only win.
                      After 3 series East is up 15-12 with 18 games to go Friday- Saturday 12/20-21 in the East. After that there will be singletons here and there through the rest of the season.

Comment

Heh-heh. West team listed first in each score. Does that say it all? The state doesn't end at the Turnpike tunnels, as the 8-1 East advantage might indicate.
                        Or it could just be that the East hosted this round of games and they were listed in a Team X @ Team Y format.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Norris View Post

Or it could just be that the East hosted this round of games and they were listed in a Team X @ Team Y format.
                          Or it could be I'm too lazy to change the listing from the HO.

Comment

Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post

Or it could be I'm too lazy to change the listing from the HO.
                            Right. I did not believe your intentions to be malicious.

Comment

The East is much deeper than the West this year. Even the bottom teams in the East are pretty solid clubs. If a team takes Mansfield, Lock Haven, Shepherd or Bloomsburg lightly ... they will get beat. The West has two dogs this year in Clarion and Seton Hill.

The East race is going to be insane. If Kutztown can get healthy they will make a run. They are scrapping by without Moe Williams. With him, they become a completely different team. ESU is very young and should keep getting better. Millersville is in a funk but talented. WCU and Ship could go to the wire.

If I had to place a bet and pick the West winner, right now I'd probably take Mercyhurst. I just don't think IUP can sustain a whole season with their current roster. SRU adding Till back will either be a blessing or a disaster. The way they've played all year changes immediately when he takes the court. UPJ got curbstomped out at Bloom but we'll see if that was just a fluke. Of note, UPJ star Josh Wise played just 21 minutes and scored 2 points. He only had one foul so not sure if he got injured or what. Bob's doghouse, perhaps.

Comment

Interesting stat from Saturday:

West Chester beat Mercyhurst 83-80 in OT.

WCU made a whopping 37 free throws on 51 attempts.

The visitors attempted 24 FTs.

51 FTs is an astonishing number.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X