CAL U. 68. SRU. 59
    SHU. 75. CLAR. 50
    SHEP. 69. BLOOM. 59
    BORO. 69. WCU. 66
    IUP. 61. MC. 55
    GU. 75. UPJ- 73. OT
    SHIP. 89. MANS. 62

HOME 5. AWAY. 4
    Last edited by CALUPA69; 01-06-2020, 08:43 PM.

Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post
    MONDAY'S FINALS...
    KUTZ. 66. LHU 54
    ESU. 78. MILL. 59
    CAL U. 68. SRU. 59
    SHU. 75. CLAR. 50
    SHEP. 69. BLOOM. 59
    BORO. 69. WCU. 66
    IUP. 61. MC. 55
    GU. 75. UPJ- 73. OT
    SHIP. 89. MANS. 62

HOME 5. AWAY. 4
    IUP ladies .... a win is a win. Leave it at that tonight.

Comment

Men: UPJ 82 Gannon 81 on a 3 with 1 second left.

Comment

Originally posted by Golden89 View Post
        Men: UPJ 82 Gannon 81 on a 3 with 1 second left.
        Dang ... two walk-offs in the same night.

Impressive showing by Gannon in the loss. Rock ... had to win that one at home. Tough loss.

Comment

Ship 90, Mansfield 68. Probably one of the better overall team shooting efforts of the year turned the game into a rout even though the refs let Baby Shaq run over people for much of the game.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Dang ... two walk-offs in the same night.

Impressive showing by Gannon in the loss. Rock ... had to win that one at home. Tough loss.
            Should have been a win, up 1 with under a min and Webb tries to outrun UPJ and gets stuffed at the hoop turns into easy layup for UPJ because rest of Gannon were still in transition (I'd assume because they all thought hed hold up)... also, should have fouled up 2 with 14 seconds left. UPJ hit a slew of 3s in 2nd half.. why give them the chance to add to it? Risk a tie game and possible OT to get the last shot while not being down.

Comment

Originally posted by bballfan03 View Post

Should have been a win, up 1 with under a min and Webb tries to outrun UPJ and gets stuffed at the hoop turns into easy layup for UPJ because rest of Gannon were still in transition (I'd assume because they all thought hed hold up)... also, should have fouled up 2 with 14 seconds left. UPJ hit a slew of 3s in 2nd half.. why give them the chance to add to it? Risk a tie game and possible OT to get the last shot while not being down.
              Bballfan03, you might be the only coach on the planet who would foul the other team up 2 with 14 seconds left and give the other team two free throws to potentially tie the game just to prevent the other team from making a 3? UPJ was shooting two free throws in the double bonus at that point. No way you give UPJ two free throws to potentially tie the game if you are up 2 with 14 secs left. You defend and rebound. Plus, that late 3 by UPJ was a scramble play out of a missed shot and offensive rebound. If Gannon just gets the rebound, the game is over.

Comment

Originally posted by PSACwatcher View Post

Bballfan03, you might be the only coach on the planet who would foul the other team up 2 with 14 seconds left and give the other team two free throws to potentially tie the game just to prevent the other team from making a 3? UPJ was shooting two free throws in the double bonus at that point. No way you give UPJ two free throws to potentially tie the game if you are up 2 with 14 secs left. You defend and rebound. Plus, that late 3 by UPJ was a scramble play out of a missed shot and offensive rebound. If Gannon just gets the rebound, the game is over.
                Yes, it was a scramble play and IF Gannon had got the rebound game was over (IF Gannon made 2 more FTs, another three, another FG, etc game also would have been over at that point or sooner). Up 2, with a lot of time left against a team that hit 7 threes (4 in the past 3ish mins) that half.. foul early, get the last shot. The numbers are saying if UPJ shoots a 3 on the final shot, very high percentage of it going in. I'd rather risk the tie and get the last shot than risk losing against a 3 from a team that has been shooting 3s hot that half.

However, my point was really moreso about Webb's error of choice.

Comment

Yes, it was a scramble play and IF Gannon had got the rebound game was over (IF Gannon made 2 more FTs, another three, another FG, etc game also would have been over at that point or sooner). Up 2, with a lot of time left against a team that hit 7 threes (4 in the past 3ish mins) that half.. foul early, get the last shot. The numbers are saying if UPJ shoots a 3 on the final shot, very high percentage of it going in. I'd rather risk the tie and get the last shot than risk losing against a 3 from a team that has been shooting 3s hot that half.

I watched both walk-offs from last night. Both were total flukes. Sure, they went in ... but ... wow.

Pegram ... if he even got it off and if he was truly still outside the three-point stripe ... he makes that shot once out 500 times. I think he did get it off in time. If you watch his feet I don't think there's any way that was a three. Replay would have likely said the shot was good but it was a two ... and the game went to OT.

UPJ ... Batt hit it no doubt but it was sure a fluke he even got the ball. Gannon could have put that game away several times.

It's going to be a wild January and February.

Comment

God, I'm glad you don't coach!!!

Comment

All I can say is, wow. I want you coaching against my team.

Comment

Originally posted by PSACwatcher View Post

All I can say is, wow. I want you coaching against my team.
                        I'm normally against fouling late to give points, however, gannon was defending UPJ well and most of the 3s they hit were with a hand or two in their face (and a few looked like they may have actually been touching the shooters face).. up 2.. I would not take the chance of losing on what UPJ used to come back from 9 down and was scorching hot shooting at that point. Give them the FTs, maybe they miss one, if not you get ball with plenty of time to run a play to win the game. Worst case scenario you go to OT.

I know the way it ended was a fluke, but moreso reason to believe had UPJ initially taken a 3 it would have been in. They were hot. You can't defend hot.

Comment

Originally posted by Ship69 View Post
                          Ship 90, Mansfield 68. Probably one of the better overall team shooting efforts of the year turned the game into a rout even though the refs let Baby Shaq run over people for much of the game.
                          English was a baby bull in there. Backed Nedrow right into the concession stand a few times.

But Ship was on fire from deep. Started out 5-for-6 outside the arc, finished with 17 treys. Hope they approach that twice more this week.

Meanwhile, if Ariel Jones isn't the PSAC's best this season, I haven't seen the best.

Comment

Originally posted by jrshooter View Post

English was a baby bull in there. Backed Nedrow right into the concession stand a few times.

But Ship was on fire from deep. Started out 5-for-6 outside the arc, finished with 17 treys. Hope they approach that twice more this week.

Meanwhile, if Ariel Jones isn't the PSAC's best this season, I haven't seen the best.
                            Ship is certainly going to need that sort of shooting the rest of the week. I'm hoping they can at least get a split, or West Chester could be tough to catch. I was talking to another guy in the stands last night, and we agreed it has been a strange season so far. It seems to be 2-3 guys performing well each night, and it seems to be different guys each game. Carlos Carter, who has been good but not particularly good at three-pointers so far, was on fire last night. They have a good record so far, but no telling what this team could do if they ever hit on all cylinders the same night. '

The start of the game was fun to watch, but I always worry when a team starts out with a flurry of threes as they almost inevitably will cool off, and it also leads to a tendency to hike up quick 3s the rest of the game. They did cool off before half and into the second half as the lead went to seven, but fortunately the touch came back. Castello has had terrible luck shooting the past couple of games. He must have had at least 7-8 balls roll around the rim and out.

It's hard to get around English and that substantial fanny he's got, but he also got away with a couple of obvious offensive fouls. I've never seen Fite as agitated about officiating as he's been the past couple of games. You certainly can't accuse the officials of giving us home cooking on the fouls recently.

Ariel Jones is very good. But as if often the case when a team has an excellent player, I sometimes see the other players standing around and watching her rather than getting into the offensive flow. That can hurt against strong teams.

Comment

WEDNESDAY WBB FINALS...
                              WCU. 65. SHIP. 62
                              BORO. 86. UPJ 65
                              ??????MC. 67. CLARION. 65
                              CAL U. 66. SHEP. 60
                              IUP. 81. SRU. 39
                              LHU. 76. MANS. 47
                              KUTZ. 86. MILL. 79
                              GU. 87. SHU. 70
                              ESU 62. BLOOM. 57
                              Last edited by CALUPA69; 01-08-2020, 07:08 PM.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X